[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 66 'restoration'
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 66 'restoration' 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 66 'restoration'

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice score. Has this thing consumed all of your Bronco self? Are you going to get your "other" one running any time soon?

Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

LOL. I'm actually making decent progress on my 74. I should be back running by May or June.

I haven't really done any work on the 66, just reading up on stuff.

Sniped the horn button off a FB page, noticed an early 66 tub in a picture of someone doing some major metal work. I noticed he has some major mods going on, so I send him a message asking if he had any stock parts to sell. The FB Bronco folks aren't too 66 savvy.

99% of everything else came from Don's. Molly's picking up a little more tomorrow. It's been stupid easy.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You might be right, Coby45 has a bench in his that folds, and you don't get any earlier than his. I doubt mine is a 66 bench.

I was all wrong about the tailgate spare tire mount. My tailgate has holes drilled in it that indicates it used to have a spare tire mount.

P1020999.JPG

https://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/product ... ord-bronco

The rear floor is drilled for rear seats, it would not have been, if it was a bulkhead model.

The Buck Tag lists (no one knows exactly what the codes mean, but this seems to be the current opinion)
OPCAR=open cargo, no bulkhead
BSDP=bucket seat, driver, passenger
RS=rear seat
LGROOF=full wagon roof
MIR=mirror
HTR=heater
WSW=windshield washer

P1020990.JPG

The 7 in 798 on the VIN tag indicates front bucket seats as well.

P1030043.JPG

At this point the plan will be to rebuild it as a bench/bulkhead model. First of all, I really like it this way. Second, I have a bench in beautiful condition that can be run as is, or add a silver vein cover to make it look more authenic.

I'll have a set of correct seats, if I want to refinish them & install them, I can. Or if it is ever sold, the next owner could return it to original. I'd have to put some serious money into restoring the seats I have to make them presentable. So building a bench/bulkhead truck will put it back on the road sooner, and less expensively.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I do have one pic of my bench from my build log:

It does fold, but it does not slide. Of course, I only have the bench because mine is a half cab, so I can't speak to the front seats that would've been in the regular cab. I do know this bench is original.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The 66 buckets I bought have no catch to prevent them from folding & apparently they didn't use a footman's loop to secure the passenger seat to the floor. I guess all that helped lap belts get the reputation as "back breakers".

Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hey this just came up on CB.com. he has 66 parts. http://bigskybroncos.homestead.com/forsalepg2.html is his website. http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showth ... p?t=261665 is the thread. icon biggin

Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No. I was going to put it back in now that I got a new windshield. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I knew it was a long shot. LOL.

Thanks for the pic, now I know what I'm looking for.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1965ish Galaxie mirror head.

Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm revealing how far behind in my magazine reading I am but in the December 2015 issue of Four Wheeler there is an article called "Jeep looks at the 1966 Bronco". There could be some valuable information gleaned from this article featuring some original pictures.

The spare mounted to the inside of the tailgate caught my eye. And what appears to be folding bucket seats. I might be able to post pics if needed.

Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd love to see any pics you could post.

Thanks

Chad

Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Gunni,
I found another thread on cb.com that may help you in some hard to find stuff for your '66 http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showth ... p?t=262712

their website & phone are northeastclassicfordparts.com (website is new and just has a mere fraction of the parts we stock! call with needs) 1-610-986-5506

I found a lot of NOS on their site. maybe they have a NOS mirror for you.

Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the links.

Looks like Big Sky Broncos is for sale, as a business, home, shop & land. Hmmmmmm.

Delconic was recommended to me, as he might have a 66 horn ring. I got a set of his door seals for my 74. I'll look through his stuff. Ebay has a couple nice used mirrors in the $40 range. I saw a NOS one sold for $50 recently.

Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I really don't know if this is of any use...and of course, it seems they uploaded in reverse order.

Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Interesting article, thanks. I just scanned the article, but they mentioned an 'optional' interior that wasn't listed in the sales literature. That is a new one to me.

Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This article lists a "Custom Equipment Package", including chrome bumpers, hub caps, bright taillight bezels, cigarette lighter, horn ring, arm rests, and visors.

I had read about a "bright" package on CB.com, it included the tail light bezels & lighter that my truck is equipped with. My truck never had visors, therefore did not include the "Custom Equipment Package". And throws my assumption about hub caps, chrome bumpers, and horn ring, out the window. LOL

Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

(5x) '66 hubcapps for sale - $750

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showth ... ost2828233

Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Interesting, but unfortunately right now, its out of the budget.

Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Couple more parts pics

65/66 Galaxy mirror very nice condition, a couple small spots on the mirror. Remove the Galaxy hanger, and swap for a similar year truck stem & button pivot and it will be right.
P1030286.JPG

P1030288.JPG

Air box to hood seal

P1030282.JPG

P1030283.JPG

I posted a couple early 66 facts to the Wiki. My truck does have the rain gutters behind the dash on the kick panels. Its hard to get good pics.

P1030280.JPG

P1030281.JPG

Also, they didn't paint the bottoms of the early trucks, just left them in primer, with signs of over spray from when the exterior was painted. The bottom of my tub is white/light grey.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I also have confirmation that 66 bench hinge covers were silver, and buckets were black, also that the rear view mirror is the correct one.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Pieces of the puzzle are coming together!

Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next