[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Mick's Stockish '68
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Mick's Stockish '68 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Mick's Stockish '68
WELCOME BACK! Why ThankYou! I actually never left!

So I must have really missed my '72, it went to Virginia to a really good home and very nice owner. I've been looking for another project and I missed out on a couple of really good Bronco projects recently, literally by minutes in both cases.

Well, I'm back!

I got me a really Really rust free(for a Bronco :):):) 1968, "survivor." 3 on the tree 289 4.10's (1 odd note, it has a '66 speedo that I'm going to swap out & keep)

Inner fender aprons are rusty as well as both floorpans, but that's it! Very solid!

Motor doesn't run yet, but did the Marvel mystery oil on the Pistons. New plugs, Wires, Cap, Rotor, Points & Condensor, Air filter and Battery. Changed the oil/filter. Blew out the gas tanks.

I had used the key to turn the ignition before all the work was done and it was very temperamental... now I can't get it to engage, or disengage to turn and see if it will fire up???

I think I am going to replace just the floor pans, reupholster the 3seats, newish looking 31" BFG's with stock hubcaps and send it on down the road.

These are when I 1st got it before I started cleaning it up...

Any and ALL suggestions and feedback Positive or Negative is welcome!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by mickphatmac on Fri May 18, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Flip or Flop!
Love it!

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Add it to the fleet

Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like a keeper to me!

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I wish finances were a little better. I'd be interested.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:07 am

Very Cool EB Find! still has the old school gun rack too bad the GI Joe helicopter didn't survive. The garage bag mounted on the D/door gave me flash back as my Dad had the same one mounted inside his 71 Chevy. Cant wait for the after photo shoot. thumbs up

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's amazing what new tires and hubcaps will do!

Thanks Gregg!!!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I got the Rear Main Gas Tank removed on Saturday. I have a "new to me" newish stock gas tank I will replace it with and just ordered a new sending unit. That should be here on Wednesday!
If all goes right with the plumbing next weekend, I might be able to take it out for its first drive since I've owned it!

Put 3.5" Wild Horses progressive springs, Rancho shocks up front, and the 1" Autozone Special under the leaf springs out back!

Special thanks to MoabMike, Eck, and Viperwolf1!!!!!
ThankYou all for the parts!

Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's a great look!!!

Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:04 am

Looks much better! so is that all suspension lift, with no additional body lift added ?

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Last edited by mickphatmac on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:25 am

I think the 75 is starting to grow on me, Ill keep it for just a little longer lol.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got some work done removing the Giant Deer Killer tonight...
Sawzall, Cutoff Wheel, & BFH!!!

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That looks great !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Much mo betta!!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks! That's what I thought!!!

Progress...More work accomplished! Not very sexy but a step in the right direction!
Newish Rear Main tank with new sending unit, new filler and breather hose and all new fuel hose and fuel lines up to the pump! If the pump is in as bad a shape as the tank and lines....(black tar Gunk) that will be next! :(

Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This guy will not get off my bumper!!!

Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:05 pm

If you drive around with and empty trailer long enough something is bound to climb aboard! lol
What's the story behind this one??

Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1970 Very Stock, All there! Suuuuuuper Rusty!!!
The guy had big plans, like we all do!!!.... but health problems sidelined him. Owned it since 1984. It looked the same today as it did when I googled the street view of the owners house... pic was from Sept. 2011

Did I mention it's Suuuuuuper Rusty!!!

Fresh rebuild of the 302 and the clutch. 3 on the tree. Then it sat for 4 years in Aurora, outside, under a big Oak Tree! Squirrel nest instead of a battery :):):)

An older gentleman, no computer, no smart phone. His buddy tried to help him list it For Sale through Facebook (Chevy guy ;) No Pics!!! "What's this worth? He says"
!!!TROLLS GALORE!!!! It wasn't pretty. I like to think that All Bronco Guys/Gals are good people.... but unfortunately People are just people.

So anyway I'm like, Hey, here's my number, I'm also in Colorado! Give me a call when you get some pics!
A week or so goes by, I get a text from the Friend, Pictures follow, and here ya go!
Not sure if it's going up for sale immediately or if I want to tinker a bit?
It has a Stroppe Rollbar in it that's coming out for my own personal hoard! That's all I know right now.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm in need of a Stroppe type rollbar, bar below the side window right? Anyway we should talk!

Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This makes 2... I'm going to keep this one. Still has ALL THE FOAM in tact!!!!

But my other one is almost as nice. (and for sale ;)

Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Mick's Stockish '68
3 speed and 289 going Bye Bye...

Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:23 pm

Nice Work!
What are your plans for engine/transmission swap?

Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have a used 302 that I'm working on a front serpentine setup and hooking it to a C4 :):):)
Still carbureted.
23 Gallon tank going in also.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Engine has all new gaskets and new serpentine belt!
Everything but the head gaskets.

Finally ready to throw it back together...

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Removed all the wiring and power washed and scrubbed and rinsed and dried and put a little fresh paint under the hood before I put the engine back in ...

Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not bad for a days work...

Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks good! Keep chipping away at it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next