[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Mick's Stockish '68
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Mick's Stockish '68 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Mick's Stockish '68
Your cruisin right along

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:31 pm

Engine bay/motor look great!!

Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

More progress...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mission Accomplished!!!

WOOO HOOOO!!!!

Ok well, still lots to do but at any rate, 1 small step for old ‘68... 1 Giant Leap for Mickphatmac!!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Only 3 more to go... to stop!

Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not sexy I know. But all 4 wheels have new stopping power!
Everything from the master cylinder down to the last brake line, wheel cylinder, and brake pad are brand new!

Only took me a month. (That’s Good Right???) :laughing2:

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The “68” Stroppe Kit is coming together nicely!!!

Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well in typical Bronco “can’t leave well enough alone” fashion, I picked up this ‘75 K10 front axle today. I pulled the spindles, backing plate caliper mounting brackets, and calipers.

I saw the axle on Craigslist and started thinking about the front disc brake conversion, but when I saw the Hub/Rotors on Rock Auto, well... let’s get after it then!

Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not even sure this info is valid anymore because it was years ago when I did this swap, but there were two manufacturers of calipers. Bendix and Cardone. One would put the supply line in the way of the axle bushings and would pinch the lines off when you turn sharp. The other seemed to have the supply lines oriented differently and there was no interference.

Of course, my luck is I found all this out the hard way and ended up having to do a trail with NO Brakes and that was very un-fun!

Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good to know what to look for...I'll be using the old calipers for CORES only so Thank you!

Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I’m not sure if it’s the brand new shiny metal up against the old rusty faded Bronco backdrop or what!!!??? But I could look at Brand new disc brakes on an old Bronco All Day Long!!!

...and now it’s mine, ALL MINE!!!

I saved some money and I learned a little bit by getting it piece by piece.

These are my real world numbers compared to some of the more expensive kits out there...

$100 Power Brake Booster & Bracket
$100 1975 Chevy K10 axle (for spindle & backing plate) core calipers
$140 For Both Hub/Rotors
$43 Brake Hoses
$30 Master Cylinder
$12 Spindle Bearings
$48 New Calipers
$8 Axle Spindle Seals
$40 Ceramic Brake pads
$8 Hub seals
$32 inner/outer hub bearings (re-used from brand new drum brake rebuild)
$64 for both axle universal joints
$28 for 2 new Yukon locking Spindle Nuts

$653 total for new & old parts

Rebates
+$80 SOLD AXLE
+$28 Core Calipers
+$20 Autozone rewards cash applied to new parts

$525 Total

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah man, that looks great! Just wait until you drive it! Your brake hose won't get pinched on the radius arm bushing when you steer will it?

Funny story...when I did my conversion on my '74, I was price shopping too. I noticed a guy in OK say the rotors at his Autozone were $xx, but they were considerably higher than that in CO. So sure enough, I put in an OK zip into autozone.com and confirmed the difference. So I called my local store and they would not price match their own advertised price. So I called a couple more and got one to finally match it.

I arrive there to buy them, and the fella behind the counter starts to pull out his wallet and says "want me to pay for them too?" Totally caught me off guard, but he was certainly being "smart". I didn't get the chance to a rebuttal as it took me a while to catch on to what he was really saying...

I just walked out the door having saved myself some money and avoided that chain store when I could from then on.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I tried bending the hose a couple of different ways but THAT is it’s Happy place and it just circles up as it turns to the left and it straightens out nicely when I turn it to the right, no kinks.

I would like to think that I would’ve said something smart ass back to the “Two Buck Chuck” behind the counter but probably would’ve just laughed in his face!!!

I would rather wait a month to find the part I need and be able to save $50 bucks then to go out today and pay full price!

Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

FINALLY...
got the transmission dipstick tube installed,
both transmission cooling lines run,
transmission vacuum lines run,
cut off the (‘79) column bracket and installed the correct bracket,
RE- installed the tilt column,
Lokar kickdown cable,
shift linkage,
power brake bracket, booster, master cylinder.

Last edited by mickphatmac on Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 01, 2019 7:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Progress! Keep at it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Wed May 01, 2019 8:28 pm

Nice looking tilt column! I'm going to regret not doing that upgrade on mine.

Thu May 02, 2019 7:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Haven’t done anything on MINE for 4 months but the last 2 weeks been working very diligently to get it running and driving!!!
Everything seems to be a GO!!!
Fuel pump relay turns the fuel pump on.
The engine cranks!!!
I need to wire the 8 Steering column wires, install the kick down bracket on the engine side, fill the radiator, engine oil, transmission fluid, fill the Dana 20, add gas and go!!!

1 MORE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice! My goal is end of September to be driving but we'll see. Good on ya for getting it done!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Today was THE DAY!!!

The last time I heard this thing run and I use that term loosely, was August 2017

Today all of my hard work and my boys work paid off, Kinda !!!
Filled everything up with fluids hit the key and by golly started on the first turn, purred like a kitten!
I had to pull my thermostat gasket when I was filling it up with water because the gasket had slipped but that was an easy fix ...
The vacuum modulator is leaking a decent amount of fluid out of the transmission so I need to replace that ...
The power disc bake setup works but I’m not impressed, it’s easy to push the pedal down but it goes almost all the way to the floor and definitely does not stop with any urgency at all...
Lastly, we took it for a drive around the neighborhood and we got about three blocks straight down from my house before it started sputtering and died.
The fuel pump was not running at all so I don’t know if the fuel pump is dead or if the power to the relay that I used from the coil (or dead coil) is the problem?
But definitely not getting fuel.
Lastly in our little jog down the street, the transmission did not shift out of first gear and it was spitting transmission fluid everywhere I’m guessing out of the modulator but anyway I will keep at it

Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good deal !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You are close to enjoying that.

As to the brakes, the only thing I can suggest is continue bleeding the system. Perhaps air is trapped somewhere and driving it around will release it.

Hope the fuel issue is an easy fix!

Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks Jesus_man,
Good thought, I'll keep bleeding them and see what happens!!!

Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Still working through super weak brake issue but we have lift off!!!
1st drive EVER in it under its own power :)
Drove around Eaton and got gas and went on the back roads and threw some rocks around!!!

This is Cam getting a little taste hoping to light a fire under his butt to get his Bronco running!!! Those Smiles say it ALL!

Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Awesome!! Yeah, miles of smiles for sure!!

Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Long weekend with my oldest son turning 19 on Friday AND Graduation ceremonies as well, after the fun and festivities I put Cam to work on Saturday and Sunday and we took out the poor running transmission and put in an older Viper Built C4!

New seals, deep pan and lots of fluid to boot.

Hey Phil... no transmission jack, just me and a 16-year-old, Like Men, thanks for the advice

Seriously a special thanks to Kirk (BSD) and Willem for going all in on the 5 speed!!!
Runs and shifts like a champ!!!

Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Time to go apply for my Mexican Saguaro license.

Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next