[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 1975 Denver Edition
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 1975 Denver Edition 

Post 1975 Denver Edition
"I'm starting with a 1975 Denver Edition Bronco that I just picked up in Canyon City CO. I'm now the 3rd owner it appears to still be mostly stock and in really good shape for being 40+ years old, it has 113K and they also included a rebuild 351w that the husband never got a chance to install he was a painter back in the day for both Ford and Chevy. This weekend I was able to clean the inside PB blast all the nuts/bolts on the frame drain the saddle tank from 10yr old gas, I hope to try and fire it up this next weekend. My plans are to build a mild reliable crawler capable or running down to Baja with a 2.5 lift on 35's, 100"wb.
Here are some of the parts I have gathered so far. Looks like your limited to 8 photos so hear are a few.

*1976 F150 HP44, 9" Big Bearing w/disc matching set
*1996 Explorer EFI, SLL3 computer re-flashed, with up dated harness
*1996 Explorer front dressing
*1996 GT40 heads
*1996 4R70W transmission
*1994 Astro Hydro Boost

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Strike2 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 1975 Denver Edtion Build
What a cool bronco!! I hope you get it running!

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 1975 Denver Edition Build
That's a good build list. Tagged for updates.

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice find!!!
Welcome

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:55 am

I got to work on the Bronco Saturday, changed the oil, checked plugs (45gap?), distributor, cleaned the carb and drained the gas from the saddle tank. Still didn't fire up so I pulled the extra carb off the 351 and it fired right up!. I was able to drive it around the neighborhood and life was good! Sundays plan was to remove the front carpet inspect the floor boards and give it a proper wash. The driver floor board was not in the best condition looks like I will be ordering a new floor pan I did however find this paperwork under the carpet its in really poor condition and not very legible. The pass side was in much better shape. Anyhow I will be picking up a carb rebuild kit today ands try to get her started. Here are some more pictures.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 1975 Denver Edition
http://www.stratadrome.com/bronco/denve ... gistry.htm

Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:52 pm

Thanks for the link, I just sent my information to register my Bronco. I also just received my Marti Report.
I was able to install the rebuild kit yesterday and getting the same results, it wants to fire up but as soon as I let off the key it seems like the power cuts off? Getting plenty of fuel, plugs look good, I checked the distributor cap/rotor and all looks clean it appears to have no points and electronic points where added. I'm going to check the ignition switch today as I've read that might be a issue?

Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You said it ran with the other carb tho. I wouldn't think if you had an ignition issue it would have ran.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:43 am

That's what I don't get? I drove it into the garage sat evening and then it wouldn't start again on Sun. I'm going to try a remote starter to really look at what the carb is doing as I sure I'm just overlooking something. Oh and I have 1/2 tank of gas lol

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:14 am

After pulling the carb off again I noticed that the fuel in the bowl was brown, Well cleaning the saddle tank was not enough even though I primed out all the old gas in the lines the residue in the fuel pump/lines must be pretty bad. So with the fresh fuel just sitting in the lines overnight was cleaning the crud in the lines and that crappy fuel mixture wouldn't ignite. So for the next several days I will purge the fuel line to flush them out.
Any how I was able to pull it out of the garage and give it a proper wash, She cleaned up pretty well.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd say it cleaned up better than pretty well, I'd call it real nice!

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow yeah, that looks great! I see some nice patina on the top?? That is a cool rig!

I wonder if a can of Seafoam would help clean out the system well?? Or other product besides just gas.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 1975 Denver Edition
I would just replace the fuel lines and make sure both tanks were clean, no telling what's in those lines after sitting.

I pulled the rear tank and replaced all the soft lines, filter etc on my 72 after it was sitting for 12 years in a field. After a carb rebuild it fired right up and runs great

Great looking bronco. I would be hard pressed to mess with the body or modify it.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:09 am

Thanks Everyone! For just a quick wash I'm happy with the results,
My plan is to replace all the lines once I start the build. I'm not sure about replacing the fuel line now since I need to buy a EFI tank.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:27 am

I was talking with the PO and his Mom had some photos she thought I might like copies of, these are some photos of them using the bronco for meter reading back in the 80's,the last photos was just after they purchased it. Notice the white rims he said his dad had an extra set with snow tires I'm glad I got the blue rims!

Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:59 am

That's awesome to have some of that documentation.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's cool to know so much history, the high end car guys call it Provenance, haha.

Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:14 am

The PO found some books in his Dads garage and though I might like them, not super old but still cool. This place is actually still in business.
I've been sharing teardown photos with him and his Mom, both say they cant wait to see it finished.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:48 am

I just received all the old registration paperwork from the PO dated back from 1980 to 1999, so the bronco sat for 18yrs not 10 like I previous thought.No wonder the gas was varnished lol

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]