[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 75 Bronco Build
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 75 Bronco Build 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 75 Bronco Build
How tall are you? I'm 6' and just installed very low pro seats. Anything impeding the top of the windshield would be in my way. But I LOVE the sleek look of the rack!

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:52 pm

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think KC offers cool LED round lights, that with the covers would look retro, but would perform much better!

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

KC also makes LED inserts for their regular housings.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:28 pm

Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:39 am

Well the swing gate was just a "looker" and did not actually function lol, good thing its still in the R&D phase and only tack welded in. I guess the hinges need to be on the same plane and not 2" off so I made a 2" block with welded nuts on the inside same concept only functional icon biggin
note to self say off the greyhounds while fabricating and stick with :beer:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:36 pm

Couple of updates as I almost have the rear rack complete and waiting on some LED lights for the rear, meanwhile I added some aluminum plating to the top rack and trimmed front and rear fenders I was planning on skinning the flares but decided to hold off since I still need to add 4-1.5" center tubes to all four corners for strength. So I started removing the front fender inner apron and securing the front radiator panel to the engine cage by removing that metal it sure does opens the engine compartment up. I also needed to mock up the EFI/Hydroboost just to see where the placement of the shock hoop will be but I'm kind of at a wall since I really cant order the shocks until I get the Bronco weighed and can't trailer it until I secure the axles???? Any how here are a few photos

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Still enjoying what you're doing! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am digging it too

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Thanks Jesus_man/Rock Crusher ! It’s been a fun build so far

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:11 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

Is the outer bar part of an EXO or will it tuck into the fender?

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:27 pm

Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like the idea, and this is the first I've seen it done like this. I've been running 79 44 & 9" for a while now. When I swapped to the wider axles, I was running a 10" wide rim w/3.5"? backspacing (33x12.5 tires). My tires hung way outside my old school traditional Bronco flares. The biggest issue for me was mud. If I was driving on a muddy dirt road, the tires would throw mud all over the windows. It didn't take long before I literally couldn't see out any window of the truck. I installed the Wild Horses wide flares (Silverbacks) and it fixed the problem. I wasn't wild about the look, but I got used to it, and now they look fine to me. Plus they served a function, and made a big difference. I've switched to an 8" rim w/similar backspacing. It pulled the tires in under the truck a lot, and I'm not sure if I'd need the wider flares at this point. I'm not 100% sure how wide they are, I can check if you want.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:37 am

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am paying close attention to this build. Lots of really great stuff!

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:41 am

Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:03 pm

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:12 am

Couple of small updates, I've been busy adding all the gussets to the front engine cage, finished the interior cage minus the seat mounts and hope my my Mastercraft seats arrive today. I installed the rear lights and not 100% sold on the oval light placement I think there too close together so I may re-design it, good news is that the 5 gallon jerry cans fit great and the rear glass still opens up.

I tack welded 2"x3" square tubing to the frame/axles and will be getting the rig weighed soon, added most all the weight to simulate a trail ready rig carrying 28gals of fuel so I can order shocks and figure out the hoops for mounting. I have LOTS of welding to do but I'm getting pretty excited on not every buying or cutting metal again!!!!

Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I agree the oval lights make it too busy back there. But I LOVE the suspension. King has come a long way!

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:03 am

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:13 am

I was at the hobby store for work today and came across this beauty and had to buy it. Would painting the hood black on my Bronco be considered a "poser" move in the Bronco community?

Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I haven't been to many craft stores, but I have been looking for that bronco when I do.

As to the hood being black - it's your ride...

Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:01 pm

LOL!!!! After all of your mods, you’re worried about what people think about the color of your hood!!!??? bangtard[/quote]

I've just done a couple of "minor mods" icon biggin . Anyhow I just finished adding the last of the tubing to the cage, figured out the seat mounts and added most of the weight to mimic a full tanks of gas, tools along with some misc. items. now she's ready to get on the scales this should be interesting as I was trying to go for light weight although my metal receipts show 260' of material so far crazy minus 30' of scrap.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:58 am

Bronco weights in at 3,878lbs w/26gals fuel and fully loaded, minus passengers, oil, coolant. So I ordered up my shocks and they should be here Wednesday which is great timing as I'm heading out to Phoenix on Wed for a week. I've taking a few days off from working on the Bronco to paint a black to silver tailgate for my neighbor, it sure is a nice break from doing metal work!

D/F 998lbs P/F 1032lbs
25.8% 26.3%

D/R 966lbs P/R 882lbs
24.9% 22.6%

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am a bit shocked at that weight as well. I am +800lbs loaded for the trail (tools and all). But we all know that lighter is better!

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:54 am

[/quote]That tailgate came out nice! I may have to hit you up for some tips as my summer goal is to get the body work done and some paint on mine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Hey Adam,
No problem I've learned a few things painting just let me know when your getting ready, just my preference but I like shooting base/clear vs. single stage.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next