[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 75 Bronco Build
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 75 Bronco Build 

Post Re: 75 Bronco Build

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Glad Aero took care of you!

Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:15 am

Yes big thanks to Jake at Aero, he didn't even hesitate once he saw the picture he said our mistake and said he would make a new one and was sorry for setting me back on the build.

Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:10 pm

Mounting the gas tank proved more work than I originally thought, my plan was to put the gas tank 1" away from the tailgate and 2+" above the tailgate line which fit perfect but didn't realize that the rear hatch is angled inwards and now would hit the tank and not fully close. This meant I needed to cut and move the tubing that ties the rear shock mounts together 1.5" forward so the gas tank can move forward.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well it looks good at any rate!!

Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:15 am

I was able to get the F/R seats mounted and not sure how someone is getting in the back seat lol, I then removed the cage for the last time in order to sand and paint the inside of the tub and then starts the final assembly!!!

Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Daaaaannnng!!!!
That Roll CAGE is SAVAGE!!!(that's what my kids said so it must be!) thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:58 pm

Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow! That looks great!

Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:17 am

Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

AWESOME!!!!
Can't wait to see it start to come together, WITH some Color on it!!!

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's some amazing work. I hope mine looks 1/2 as good as that once I reach that stage.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good stuff.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:31 pm

Progress has been a slower than I like,
I got the roll cage all painted and was ready to install and then I stumbled on a 90's Bronco 2 at the UPNP and damn if it didn't have the passenger manual seat slider I've been looking for. So now my cage seat mount were not going to work due to the fact that this sliders is about 4" tall, so I thought I could just install a plate to the current design which still wasn't low enough, needleless to say I had to cut out my cage mounts and just make new brackets than mount to the floor. Good thing is the slider has about a 12-13" throw which gives descend access to the back seat.

More important than that is I got my roll cage mounted to the tub and FINALLY have some garage space to work in!!

Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's a real struggle to get sliding seat that aren't too high! But at least you have a success!

Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:46 pm

I think I'm done painting (HVLP) everything I need for now and can start working on setting the engine cage/motor. I'm starting to see a faint glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We are all awaiting reassembly!

Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:57 am

Thanks Jesus_man!
Don't you just love coming back from a meeting only to find parts have arrived at your desk!!! Now to try and get out of work early.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:14 am

Finished up mocking up the passenger slider and pretty happy with the placement/rear access. The passenger seat sits about 1" taller than driver but you really cant tell IMO. but that could change if the wife doesn't approve.

Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Glad the slider worked. Paint looks good! Assembly is going to go fast.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You bronco is looking great. The way your moving you should be hitting the streets by spring!

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:12 am

I got the fuel tank bracket all painted up and mounted along with the making/installing the driver seat brackets in order to make a center console for the stereo, gauges, cup holder etc.... I also forgot to pain the dash white so for now I'll just have to live with it unless we get a +60 degree day.

For now I'm just temporally installing the motor/transmission to see where the floor shifter need to be along with installing the fuel lines I hope to have the axles back under it and on its own weight by the end of this weekend so I can work on finalizing the suspension cycle before painting.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:06 am

I was able to settle with a center console design along with the most important part "cup holders". I made the cup holders big enough to fit the Yeti can cooler so that once you remove them the you can fit a water bottle/24oz drink. Installing the lower cable mounts on the gate shifter was tedious I needed to drill a hole through the cross member along with making a custom bracket as the OEM one was not at a best angle. I'm not sure if the front drive line up travel is going to clear the lower shift arm I'll find out once the front axle is installed.

With the rear shocks now mounted I came up with a way to seal the inner cab that I'm pretty happy with IMO.
The panels are in 3-pieces and I thought about painting them orange but since I'll be using silicone to seam the gaps the contrast of black/orange will look tacky so I'll just use the same color as the cage. Next was trying to find a way to seal around the shock body and I was way over thinking it so after drinking a Red Bull and staring at it long enough I remembered I had a few square sheets of 1" poly foam laying around so using a hole saw I cut a few 4 inch circles. The cuts weren't super clean but if you apply some heat with a heat gun it actually looks pretty good. Overall I think it will be fine

The last picture is the spare tire stops that I made up, there are two inside the cab and the 3 point mounts to the rear bumper stinger using the "Y" ratchet strap.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i feel your pain on the shifter bracket - refused to cut the crossmember and alternated the bracket/cable mount to clear the cross member

IMG_6251.jpeg

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:45 am

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So the foam allows the shock to sway a little in there and still retain a seal. I like it! Now, what about the hole where the spare resides? LOL!

Console looks great! Looks like there is still a litter room rear of the cupholders to make a little tray or covered storage if you needed it. As long as whatever was inside didn't mind a little heat.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Every time I look at your build I am amazed! All the little detail make it look neater and neater.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:48 am

Now, what about the hole where the spare resides? LOL!
I don't think much dust will enter thru the spare tire opening, did I forget to mention that I'm building a Mall Crawler :laughing2:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:42 pm

Small update as it seems the little stuff take more time than you think. I was able to get both axles on and sitting on its own weight the ride height with 1" preload plus adding 400lbs for top/gas etc.... seem to be pretty close to plan. I've been working on bump stops and limit straps which has taking way longer than I anticipated.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Assuming the dangly thing next to the bump stop is the apparatus you are using to limit travel? I've not seen that device before. Any more info?

Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next