[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 75 Bronco Build
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 75 Bronco Build 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 75 Bronco Build
What a crazy turn of events!! I hope your motor guy builds the motor bullet proof and you can put these troubles behind you and enjoy this wonderful rig you have. Don't lose hope! You have way too much time and effort into it to give in!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:57 am

Dang dude. We saw you on the side of 285 while we were heading back to BV with my truck and trailer to get Mike Root. You were gone by time we came back through fairplay so assumed you got home. Didnt know you were dropped in bailey or we would have stopped.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:43 pm

No Worries
Eck actually drove passed as well and text me and said you guys were heading back and if I needed any help by then I had already contacted a tow company on my own as the "Hagerty" third party people weren't much help. Get this they had the first tow company lined up and then texted me that "due to Covid restriction the tow company wasn't taking passengers and that they could arrange a UBER and cover up to $30 lol. Yea like I was going to let someone take my bronco flipoff flipoff

It all worked out, I just have another Bronco Story

Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:57 pm

While my engine is out being reworked if been working on some "nice to haves"

1) Since I relocated my mufflers this left an empty 20"x 15" spot were the gas tank use to be, my first idea was to add a electric fan transmission cooler but decided to make a spot to relocate my tools from on top of the gas tank area and bring some weight lower to the ground. I have one large tool bag 16"x10" that is packed with tools which works but hate the way its jammed packed and going to try multiply cloth tool roll bag to help with some organization. The frame is secured to the rear frame brace and the front has 2 tabs that bolts to the rear bumper and the bottom will be cover with an additional 1/4" UHMW. If needed the whole rack can be removed . I'm wrapping the .750 square frame in .0625 aluminum sheets and using some rtv to seal it up with a small drain plug just incase.

2) My old 4-door XJ had plenty of cargo space that I carried a small propane grill and really missed not having the room in the Bronco, I finally came up with a solution it required modifying the top of the grill 1" lower to fit in the rear rack which was the easy part. On the XJ I used 2 rods on the grill sides to secure it to the rear gate it worked but was kind of hokey IMO I wanted something better for the Bronco and came up with this, its an aluminum plate that is cut out in the center that the grill rest on and I used two small chains with turn buckles just incase your parked on uneven ground. The best part is that the aluminum plate is stored on top of the cooler rack and is secured in place by the 2 green cooler back stops. The aluminum plate is Rev_1 and will cut out a better piece and not use rivets as shown.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just love your ingenuity!

Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tailgating winner!

Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very clever!

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:36 pm

Thanks everyone, I got the tool box all painted and installed I'm not carrying anymore tools that before but it does free up some interior space and is more organized. Now if I can just figure out how to post pictures right side up

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Going to put some gas struts on that so it doesn't just drop down with the weight? Or is it not that heavy?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:49 am

Dang that's a great idea Adam! its not that heavy but I am getting older everyday and since I'm still waiting on the motor I'll see if I can work on this.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:55 am

Still no word on when I'm getting the motor back so I'll continue on more little upgrades, I double the vent area on the inner fenders nothing earth shattering just busy work.

Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You know... I've got a bronco that need some of your magic if you run out of things to do! LOL!

Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:55 pm

I got my motor back at the end of January and fired it up March 20th so far I have about 600 miles and so far so good with no real root cause on what happen I'll have my fingers crossed. In the mean while I did add a aftermarket oil pressure gauge instead of relying on the OEM one. So this one is .40 over and I upgrade the mild cam to a 212/218 in hope for more low end. During the wait I worked on a few upgrades like adding interior rock lights, rocklights since I ordered the 6 pack, redid the center console to make room for intercom system to make the long trips a little more enjoyable since the headset are Bluetooth I also made the console more narrow in order to move it to the drivers side 1" to make room for a passenger side master craft reclining seat (6-8 weeks out). Before the motor gave out I ordered a awning so I finally installed it but will only have it on during camping trips.

Tue May 03, 2022 12:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Glad to hear it's back up and rolling around!! Hope you really get to enjoy it this summer!

Tue May 03, 2022 3:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great work and Congrats on getting her back up and running!

Thu May 05, 2022 6:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Happy the motor is back & running, no real discoveries on why it failed is frustrating, to me that is as I like to know what happened. Nice upgrades in the meantime, you’ll love the awning. I have one on BSD with the zip in room and it makes a great shelter year round.

Thu May 05, 2022 7:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Who did your awning?

Fri May 06, 2022 4:47 am

Fri May 06, 2022 10:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks

Sat May 07, 2022 4:39 am

Bronco looked good on the way to work this morning.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri May 13, 2022 6:30 am

Thanks Rob! It was my first ride with the sides removed and running just the safari top. I really liked it

Wed May 18, 2022 7:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's great. I REALLY want to do a top like that. I keep looking for a cheapo top, but nothing for Broncos is cheapo anymore.

Wed May 18, 2022 3:03 pm

Thu May 19, 2022 1:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just want to hang out with you for a weekend and watch you do this stuff. Really cool!
The clock is awesome! I suppose I could do that to some spare 18's from when my wife bent a wheel on her X5. I was thinking hose hangers...

Thu May 19, 2022 3:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11