[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 75 Bronco Build
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 75 Bronco Build 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 75 Bronco Build
I think your bronco looks great with the hard safari top before you installed the sides... I'd be tempted to see if soft sides could be fashioned to use in inclement weather. I would assume it could be a similar design to the soft hatch you mention.

I am so envious of your talents to make things look so nice. My ideas start out like that, but they look far worse in the end.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:03 pm

Thanks Jesusmn
It’s no show truck but I do enjoy the build along with just trying just like other garage “builders”. I envy those folks here that have far more technical skills than me, for me I really like cars/trucks with small details that make them one offs and not mass produced.

I’m not sure how to put links off other sites but on pirate4x4 I take inspiration to do a better job fabricating by meiser, figjam and manche. I wish I was a better welder it always seems like your bests welds are where no one will ever see them lol

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:12 am

Since removing the cage I was able to finish welding it up and move on to separating the tub/frame. This proved to be the most frustrating 4 days as have completely ran out of floors space! I guess you just can fit a tub, cage, frame, axles, engine, transmission etc....... in a 2 car garage. I though I could just set the tub off to the side and weld up the frame but my OCD for a clutter free work environment just kicked into HYPERSPACE.
New plan is to put the tub on a trailer and get it out so I can get my sanity/workspace back lol

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:47 am

The garage world is back spinning in the correct rotation, got the tub relocated and frame is all degreased and ready to finish welding in the 4link brackets, sliders and shock hoops this weekend.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Did I miss where you separated the frame rails? Are you planning to stick with stock width? Always look forward to what you post next! Always a surprise!

Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have so much bare frame envy right now. Have been welding under my Bronco and hate lying underneath the rain of molten metal.

Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:56 am

[quote="Jesus_man"]Did I miss where you separated the frame rails? Are you planning to stick with stock width?

While the frame was still attached at the OEM spots I made the front/rear bumpers inorder to square the frame back,the engine cross member needed to be removed just in case I need to add a front sway bar, I will replace the rear cross member but it needed to be relocated to the rear several inches due to the rear stretch. Yes I’m keeping the stock width.
Justin I hear you about welding upside down, I got my fill of that building the XJ I knew the day I bought this I would do everything in my power NOT to weld upside down!! I’m too old for the $#&@ lol

Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:19 pm

Spend all day sat welding the link brackets, hoops and sliders and thought I was almost done and then realized I still needed to add 30+ gussets !

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's a lot for a days work!

Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow, I’m a fan!

Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:13 pm

Nothing earth shattering on the build for the last several weeks I've been welding links, axle brackets, trusses hell anything that in steel in the garage I'll throw a bead on it

Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

How about the axle tube to housing?

My welding projects go like that too. I make a list and try to get them all done in one go!

In fact, I am half-heartedly looking for a window AC for my garage so that it is tolerable out there during the hot months.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:02 am

Yes to welding the front tube/housing I hope to complete that along with the top truss today and shock brackets etc..................
A/C in the garage would be awesome thumbs up but I'm sure the wife will veto/laugh at me if I requested one icon biggin

Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cool! My wife seems behind my decision, but then I think of all the moving we do; is it worth it? I can find them for $185-200 for a 10k BTU and that may not be the best, but it seems to be the highest output you can get on 115v. But we have humidity here and often times even a big fan makes little difference.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:38 pm

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What do you have the body sitting on?

Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:33 pm

I borrowed my neighbors snowmobile trailer which is the perfect width and had no tire fenders.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:51 pm

Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:43 am

I finished welding/cleaning the frame, did 2 coats on both side using Rust-Oleum hammer finish black. I've had great luck using this product plus its not a show truck and I'm sure before its all over I'll have to cut/weld into it and for the $25 investment its cheap and touchup's are easy.
I was only able to work on it Sat and was able to take the tub for spin around the block then organize the garage in order to get the bottom of tub ready for prep and paint. I'm hoping to get this done asap before my custom gas tank arrives from Aero.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Reassembly time!!

Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:09 am

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:04 am

One of these Bronco tanks doesn't look like the rest, oh its mine icon biggin

This tank will fit in the back sitting just above the spare tire its only 1-2" above the tailgate, its 36 gallons and once the fuel gauge reads empty I'll still have 5 gallon in reserve. I know its a lot of fuel to carry but like I said I plan on driving this and everyone knows that less pit stops increases you chance of wining the race!!

Now for the bad news, Aero made a mistake on one of the dimension I've spoken with Jake and he confirmed the drawing and they will be making me a new tank to to send out. Like everything I've read about Aero they have great customer support!

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd like to see that tank unveiled to see what you did. I've put some thought into making mine shorter, but increasing or maintaining the 23+gal.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:08 pm

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So yours would be in the bed and the sump would extend below deck? That is a lot of capacity and would be nice.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:30 am

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:41 am

Not much of an update this week, but I was able to primer/paint underneath the tube, the semi black water based paint I used was from 2011 and man was it chunky! it took about 30 filter to strain 1-1/2 quarts, but was able to apply several coats. On the new inner rear flares tubes I had to apply paint with a brush and them use seam seal to insure there was no bare metal exposure to start rusting, I then made 2.5" wheel well panels to fully enclose the openings. Once I have a few shake down runs I may spray undercoating on them.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It was great to meet you the other day. Just checked your build out, WOW it looks awesome! Look like lots of time and skills put into your tide. Keep up the good work. Once it done I would like the chance to go wheeling with you.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next