[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Gunni the ‘66 Bronco
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Gunni the ‘66 Bronco 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Gunni the ‘66 Bronco
The time has come for me to fess up that I’m the current proud owner of Chad’s 1966. As with a lot of things it was the right truck, I’ve always wanted a “grandpa” Bronco, at the wrong time, Willem had totaled my F-150 hours before Chad messaged me. Anyway, I didn’t waste much time before deciding a new truck wasn’t worth passing on this little gem. I’ve named it Gunni as a nod to its previous owner and town from which it came.

Chad has spent a ton of time researching the quirks of the 1st year Bronco and acquiring all the correct parts for this rig. His hard work can been seen in the following threads.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8062

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8240

I’ve spent the last few weeks getting it running and road worthy. The engine needed a little sorting out with electrical, fuel and exhaust. All the lights work, brakes brake and steering steers. The correct, though crusty, interior was bolted in and I had Bobby help me find some AT tires to put on the tiny rims. I also wrestled the twisted bumpers straight enough to mount up. Finally, I pulled the NP435 out and put in a converted top loader temporarily.

The grand plan is a restoration with a few period correct additions like a Stroppe roll bar and Rancho overdrive. Also, some safety mods like disk brakes for the Dana 30 and 3 pt seatbelts. The resto is years away, I need to finish Willem’s Bronco, then Declan’s Camaro and BSD always needs a few things. In the mean time I’m going to drive it around Parker and keep it on the road!

More to come...

Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Gunni the ‘66 Bronco
Nice!

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well done! I'm happy to see you got it Kirk!

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:20 pm

Congratulations on the new ride, its very cool!

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I wish I could have kept it. But I'm glad it stayed in the club, and that it will get a restoration, not a resto-moderation. I'm so happy it's back on the road!

Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

NICE!

Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I can only hope to follow in your footsteps someday with a "grandpa" bronco of my own. I also got to think of something for my son to drive in 9 years! I look forward to watching you enjoy and then restore this one!

Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:41 am

I was curious who got it. Great to see it on the road now.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very cool.

1974 Ford Bronco 3 1/2 inch James Duff lift ,2 inch body lift, 351w Explorer EFI, Viper built c4, Viper built Dana 20 with wildhorses twin stick, Kinder built Dana 44 with 4.56 gears disc brakes aussie locker and knuckle over conversion, Kinder built 9 inch with grizzly locker 31 spline axles and 4.56 gear

Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

that truck has so much character !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The future looks good for reduced RPM and maybe even 65mph!Image

Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I guess 50+ years of use isn’t bad, I just wish it would have broken at home instead of 30 miles away. Good thing I remember how to shift without a clutch, of course the stop lights were a bit tricky.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think I may have one as well. Lord knows I owe you!

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks fellas, already back on the road. I should have known something was up, it was needing more travel in the pedal to get it in gear.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

thumbs up

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Goodbye lift, Gunni will be just fine without you.

Pics when the sun comes up.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

thumbs up

Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So much better with the front lift gone, the PO (not Gunnibronco) that put the lift in did it right, all the items were welded in, serious pain to get it all out without hurting the original parts. Next is pulling the small lift block in the rear, should sit level then. I was a little concerned that the 50+ year old coil springs would sag, but they seem okay.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice!!

I wondered about those coils as well. It's really coming along. So good to see you breath life back into it.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks great! How high are the lift blocks?

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looking great!!!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You can notice a slight difference in how the tire is covered. It looks great!!

Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I’ll see if I can get a part # off of them, if not I’ll measure them and try to find a comparison.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just something I had wondered about. That front bumper must have weighed a couple hundred pounds, plus the winch. I needed help to get it into the metal recycling dumpster at my neighbor's shop. I don't know what the weight difference between a 170 vs a 302 is.

I think Duff just introduced a 2.5" lift. I'm wondering if it was a 3.5" coil. I bet a measurement and a call to Duff or a post on FB could get an answer. Not really a big deal. I was considering putting them on my 72 at one point. It has an old Superlift lift with coils that look like they belong on a diesel F350. I'm sure it will test the quality of your dental work on a washboard road.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The lift springs measured 18.25 -18.5” free length, a quick search shows 3.5” lift springs have a free length around 20”. Free lengths are based on progressive springs. I’ll send the measurement off to Duff, but right now it looks like a 2” ish lift spring.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next