[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Ray's 70
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Ray's 70 

Post Ray's 70
so, here's my 70.

these pics are pretty old, i'll get some current ones soon.

i threw this together about 10-12 years ago over a year or so, did a few trails then parked it for years while i bought a house and built a shop. i limped it into the shop this summer and freshened it up, went through the fuel system, cleaned up the wiring, fixed a few of the half-assed items, left some half-assed items. i put on some new wheels and tires on last week and hope to hit the first trail in nearly a decade next week.

it's on full width 9" and 44. 4.56 gears with air lockers in both. stretched wheelbase to ~104" IIRC, it's been a few years so i've forgotten many details of the build, sorry! i think it has 3.5" wild horses coils up front on homebrew extended arms., with the spring perches moved up ~2". rear is wild horses 11 leaf springs, also 3.5 lift with the rear shackle hangar moved up several inches. i took a few leafs out to soften things up this year, so with 2" body lift, it has barely 3" of total lift with a relatively low COG. bilstein shocks all around. hacked sheetmetal to clear as needed. someday i might get around to making some tube flares...maybe. it's low tech, but does flex suprisingly well. I've cut all 4 tires on the sheetmetal when running 35s, i just stepped up to 37's, so that needs to be dealt with soon.

drivetrain is a unknown 302, maybe it has a rv cam, i dunno. truck avenger carb and a burnt exhaust valve for a distinctive exhaust note. i might think about a fresh engine soon. tranny is np435 with 203/205 cases. i made my own adapters years ago. also homemade triple sticks. everything was tucked up flush with the frame rails.

build style was supposed to be some kind of period "resto-mod hacked up by a redneck" difficult trail capable sleeper. crazy there's a lot i'd do different now, but i really have little interest in rebuilding. there are still a few things i'll improve though.

as for me? i'm a manufacturing engineer in job title only. no education to back it up. i know my way around some CNC machines and can kinda comprehend FDA requirements for medical devices so there ya go: i are an enjineer. i have other old vehicles, my daily driver is a 66 chevy c-10, lowered on air suspension, 350/t5, my SO's daily is a 63 chevy suburban running an "ls" LQ4/4l80/9". there's a number of other projects, etc. as well.

stay tuned for some newer pics.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:06 pm

Post Re: Ray's 70
Welcome Ray,
Good Looking Bronco thumbs up look forward to the updated pic's, what brand of 37's did you get?

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

welcome Ray

capable looking rig and I love your descriptions.............

I'm no enjineer but I did stay at a motel 6 last week

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cool rig Ray, Welcome! Sounds like ya know Exactly what you’re doing, lots of great rides in your stable!

Great group here and a wealth of knowledge to pull from!

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ray - Glad you are getting that steed going again! I am sure you'll enjoy it! Where are you trail riding at?

I'd love a picture of your rear spring hanger. I've been contemplating moving both hangers up as far as I can and still access the bolts to keep them from hanging up on rocks. And pushing the rear axle back at the same time. I'm just nervous to tear into that project myself because I don't want the bronco down for that long.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:28 am

Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:55 pm

Cool pictures glad to hear the shake down run went well and those slots on 37" look great all polished up.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]