[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 74 Baja Race Bronco - Baja or Bust
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 74 Baja Race Bronco - Baja or Bust 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 74 Baja Race Bronco - Baja or Bust
So some of you know that I have decided to race in the 2019 NORRA Mexican 1000 and now that i have decided a direction and Bronco to build I thought I woudl start this thread to document my progress and hopefully garner some interest to help out, be apart of the chase team and more. I don't have all the fine details sorted just yet, as it took me a few months to figure out exactly the way forward for the build. Essentially after discussing with several members of this forum and family it seemed a bit short sighted to tear my running and driving 72 apart - literally, instead of passing it on to the next person to enjoy as a daily driver or a great starter for a build. In place of it, buy a roller and build that into my baja rig.. so that's what I did.. or at least the buy a roller part so far.

This is the 72 that I will be selling -

IMG_5019.jpg

IMG_5025.jpg

and here is the 74 that followed me home today - no running gear, Dana44 front. Yes of course there is some rust - will repair most of it.

IMG_5124.jpg

IMG_5128.jpg

IMG_5151.jpg

IMG_5168.jpg

found a horseshoe under the seat
IMG_5167.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 74 Baja Race Bronco - Baja or Bust
progress tonight, rust looks worse than it is... lots of surface, lots of fred flinstone

IMG_5158.jpg

IMG_5164.jpg

tomorrow I will continue to strip stuff off and have a good look at what needs to be repaired!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Oh, this should be a great thread. I was very jealous over the Baja trip. This will be great to follow. Happy to lend a hand when needed.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I’d like to donate some parts if you are interested, let’s talk over the phone then meet at my storage. Also, do you have a pit crew together?

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:52 am

This is totally cool! Congrats of starting the journey
I’ll be following the build for sure popcorn ,the horseshoe is a great sign and needs to be kept with the Bronco imo

Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Oh man, this is going to be great!! So what are your overview plans? Suspension, power etc??

Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Definitely interested to follow this build as I have thought about the NORRA thing after seeing Brad and Roger Lovell run their Bronco. Any idea on what class your going to run?

Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Finished stripping the inside and engine bay, will move on to removing the fuel tanks, ebrake and all the other stuff I won't need or needs replaced.

No big surprises as far as rust repair is concerned, a little disappointed in the amount of rot in the drivers side cowl, not an easy patch but I have done it before. I think i can salvage enough of the door post to replace just the back cover, will know when i cut stuff away.

IMG_5184.jpg

Engine bay is straight forward, both side skirts, I am thinking i will just replace the entire driver side kick panel as i already have it.

IMG_5185.jpg

Both floor pans are long long gone, matter of fact the floor mat was resting on top of the aux fuel tank, you could fred flinstone this thing easy. Will also be doing some quick patching to the rear bed in the corners and along the wheel well. This will never be restored so not going to be anal retentive about the patches or welds - must resist!

IMG_5189.jpg

Checked the fuel cell fitment - ready to roll!

IMG_5191.jpg

and of course my helper for the day, always there for encouragement and advice. I think he's telling me i have a better chance of being a quarterback than getting this thing ready in time!

IMG_5182.jpg

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good luck with this Chris! Looking forward to seeing this all come together.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I will be working on this junk all weekend. If any of you want to swing by please do. Most of you have my details and locations. Will be cutting and welding.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Did some work this weekend. Should have the front passenger side floor pans and other patches welded in by tue night. Will then move to the drivers side which is going to be a bear.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looking good.

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like your making some good progress, keep it up.

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Will this rig be capable of a run up pikes peak against Aaron Kaufman next year ?

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I so wish I could come help and learn some body work from you!!

Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 74 Baja Race Bronco - Baja or Bust
Things are starting to show up, better get my butt in gear!

Reverse gate will replace the standard pattern, it’s on the way.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Lots of things appearing.Image

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Time to turn some wrenches!

Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sweet
Can't wait to see the end result

Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Driver floor pan in. Kick panel and door post will be in tomorrow. Need to repair cowl a little then moving to the bed area repair.

Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Body panel Replacements done, will tackle more body work later. on to the fun stuff. Will pull the body off this week and start reinforcing the frame and building suspension.

Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is a lot of coolness!!

I've always wanted one of those pinion guards.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ruffstuff currently has them on sale.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sprayed primer and seam sealed most of the repairs, built a rolling stand for the body. Rear disk brake kit came in.

Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:08 pm

Nice looking disc kit. I have a similar style on my 14b, but I’ve been having problems with those calipers seizing up after what seems a season of use. Going to be swapping in these next go around, hopefully better luck and more stopping power while I’m at it. https://www.wilwood.com/calipers/Calipe ... l%20Piston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We will see how this kit does, it’s the ruff stuff early bronco kit. I didn’t want bolt on and this one seems decently built and priced better than most.

Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 309 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next