[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Project More Metal
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Project More Metal 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Project More Metal
Moab trip came and went. I was supposed to go down there with my youngest daughter Monday in the AM, however I tried to complete the project and went down there Friday morning, with nothing in tow, oh well. We camped fro a few days and got to be in some warm weather.

None the less, my desire to get stuff done kept me from posting anything here. After getting the steering box in place and everything where I wanted it there, I put the power steering pump back in. IT was hitting the box and had no ability to adjust it. I fabbed a new bracket which lifted it about 1 1/2 or so which gave me the needed clearance.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 07, 2019 10:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The exhaust was interesting. I was able to keep the passenger side inside the frame rails, it was actually the easiest route. The driver side was a whole other monster. There was no room to keep it inside of the frame there was plenty of room to run it outside of the frame, once I got the down pipe over there. This is what the down pipe ended up looking like.

During the scramble to just get things done I did this.....its the muffler hanger booo.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 07, 2019 11:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The shock hoops turned out well. The front where straight forward and easy. The rear tied into the rear cage tie in which case a double cope on the one end, not real easy but still doable.

Tue May 07, 2019 11:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

And the rear wheel tubs.

Tue May 07, 2019 11:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry she didnt make it to moab but sometimes a break helps refocus.

Glad you still went to moab anyway

Tue May 07, 2019 1:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We still camped. I made the reservation last year and paid for the site. Doesn't make any sense not to use it, never mind the desert is great in the spring. It's crazy they recieved a lot of moisture recently, it was so green!

I think the break from the truck was well needed too.

Tue May 07, 2019 6:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Been a minute since I posted any progress. I have done a ton....but did not take nearly as many pictures as I should have.
I finished the cage and got some paint on it.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

painted and out of the garage

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Primed the bare metal in the tub.

I then did the 2 step process and lizard skinned the tub. A very messy experience. I unfortunately didn't take any pictures during the process. I am pleasantly pleased with the end result though.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I then dropped the cage back in with the help of my wife. It was a lot easier to remove than replace

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice looking cage!

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I got everything back together for a longer road test drive. Everything seemed good.......

Off to ALL4FUN!

We went for the week, this year it was based out of Buena Vista. This area have some great wheelin and fantastic scenery.
The first day was just me and the kids. I chose to take a more scenic trip. Good thing, I was having heating issues and the seals for the selector shaft of my steering box blew! The steering box was a rebuilt unit I just bought! Less than 100 miles. I had enough fluid, with borrowing a little to limp back to camp without destroying my pump.

After a ton of phone calls and a 2 1/2 hour one way drive to Denver I found a 'new' rebuilt box. My plan was to send the other one back to Lars with a big FU attached. I installed the box and began bleeding it with the help of my wife, a little before dark. I was asking my wife to turn it, using terms passenger and driver while I kept an eye on things making sure there were not leaks. Something seemed weird as I watched. I continue to direct the change in direction with passenger and drive to avoid the conflict of who's left and who's right. Well it was back wards...I some how or another found a 4X4X2 box on the shelf of a steering gear rebuilder.

The next day after more calls and another one way 2 1/2 drive. The shop the sold me the wrong box rebuilt my while I waited. Both selector shaft seals from Lars were put in backwards, it was missing 2 washers in the same area and a snap ring on the input shaft was under sized! Great work Lars *****On a side note, NEVER buy their crap!

I moved the transmission cooler from infront of the radiator.

Trail # 2 scenic with a couple tough spots all seemed good!

The youngest was happy!

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:46 pm

Congratulation on getting the Bronco back on the trail, the cage looks awesome! thumbs up

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

An on to harder trails.....

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have to say I am happy with the results

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Who is "Lars" that rebuilt your steering gear?

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like a fun trip despite the extra 10hrs of driving! I've made that trek when a friend tore his brake lines off with snow chains.

Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So, Lares was the company that rebuilt the steering gear. It was purchased through rockauto.

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Striker, thanks. Can't wait to see your bronco out there

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4