[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Door panel speakers
It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Door panel speakers 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Door panel speakers
Need some feed back.I made these up over the last few day's.It's a prototype for a set of door panel speaker mounts.My question is what do you think,would you add anything?Take away anything?At this time I'm running a 5 1/4" Alpine speaker.I would have gone bigger but I ran into clearance problems with the window crank.Also trying to decide if I should make this a stand alone piece or make a complete one piece door panel assy.As it stands this unit is non-invasive,meaning there are no holes being made in the door itself.Speaker sits on the outside of the inner door panel,If that makes sense.Let me know what you think.Thanks, Jay ,JGZ

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:16 pm

Post Re: Door panel speakers
I like em. I think those and the full door panel version would be awesome. I'd pick up a set of the full versions from ya.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

X2 on the full size version.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very cool idea that eliminates cutting huge holes in the bottom corners. I think a full panel version would be a very popular.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like'em. I'd love to see you come up with some sort of solution for those folks who don't have doors. Maybe something similar that goes in the side of the bed just behind the front seats, but doesn't cover the entire side of the bed.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm workin on that.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very nice! And I am in the boat that Justin is. Don't plan on running hard doors ever again, but am sick of my speaker boxes bouncing around back there!

I have another project for you...PM to be sent...

J.D.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

they would be cool in carbon fiber hahahaha

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Those are really nice. What are they made out of?

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like them.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like them too, I wonder if you have enough room for a map pocket between the panel and the seat? They would work good on half doors as well!

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Been very busy latly,but I finally finished my plugs for door speaker pods.These parts can go on stock door panels or my fiberglass door panels.Should have molds in a week or so.I haven't figured pricing yet,but I can sell them with the speakers in a package deal.Car toy's liked my work so they gave me a corporate account.Let me know what you think.Thanks Jay JGZ

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think they turned out awesome, I like the map pocket idea mentioned previously.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Update,Just now breaking in the molds.Finished cutting and buffing yesterday and now 7 or 8 coats of wax.I'll try to build the first parts this week so I can get some judgement of time and materials.I will let you know as soon as possible.First couple parts will be in gloss black and then white.After that i'm going to do a set in some different material with a resin infusion process.Should be way cool if they work out.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here's some pics.of the plugs and new molds.The molds are a two piece design so there will be no visible screws.Hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the arse,but there should be no problems

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So you mount a backing plate and snap the front on? Seems if the speaker isn't too heavy, that should work. My only concern is on washboard roads are large bumps...assuming I understand your design.

J.D.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I should be a ninja by now!Wax on Wax off.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

ahhh grasshopper, you do good werk.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

jay just add a pair to my carbonfiber panels , i'll do all the on road testing to make sure they won't fail .

Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A complete road test should always include a launch phase.Flying 4x's are fun!

Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I love the no holes version. When can we start ordering?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

X3 on the full-size version. My main concern would be vibration with how its attached to the stock panel. Nice looking...but I would like the entire panel more:)

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:33 pm

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Still.....full size version with no attachments:)

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have considerd and plan to make those,but would like to build them with a window crank delete as to be able to run power windows and a larger speaker.I've already converted a stock set of regulators to power and they work awsome.May not be for everybody,but i'm lazy.Please keep your thoughts and concerns coming,It can only help me build a better product.Thanks Jay JGZ

Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

zoso , phil and i drove around the block but with no windshield and rain it sucked.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:10 pm

That dont count. It's not completed and road worthy. How far off are you now?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next