[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Air Compressor and Tools
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Air Compressor and Tools 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Air Compressor and Tools

Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:49 pm

how old is the house? Also there should be a main breaker that feeds everything. It would say 100/125/150/200 amps depending on service. If you have a 50 amp breaker marked hot tub but dont have one you may get lucky.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Those two 50 amp breakers would be perfect to run a sub panel off. Mine is run off a pair of 60's and ive had no problems with supply.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:29 pm

You've got plenty of power to do what ever you want. Find an electrician and have them look at it. It wont be much more expensive to set a sub panel over just a 220 compressor.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

These look like a decent deal to get a nice reel. Missing the guides but they aren't super required. Yank the hydraulic hose and install your own air hose and you're set.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like the power issue in my garage is going to get resolved, going to get set up for an air compressor and welder, also still doing new lighting. I think I am going to go with the compressor Justin has. Can anyone post some pics of their set up? I am basically re-configuring my work area and looking for ideas. Since I am planning ahead for welding what are some good welders, I would primarily be using it for the Bronco.

Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I can post up a pic or two. What's the welder budget? If you can spend a grand, there are some awesome options. Also some great ones for less.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My 60 gal IR.

P1030313.JPG

I would recommend a welder 180amps minimum, probably a 210 if you can swing it. Hobart is a good less expensive brand made by Miller (we use a Hobart 230 almost everyday at the bodyshop). Miller & Lincoln are both great brands. Justin has a Thermal Arc, and likes it.

I have an older Century welder 230 amps, its big and loud, but I really like it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

There is a Porter Cable 80 gallon on CL: http://denver.craigslist.org/tls/5509968432.html

I have the Tweco 211i welder which is pretty much the same as what Justin has. It's a great welder and you can usually find it for less than $1000. You definitely want to go as big as your budget will allow.

Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Right now I am just getting the electrical done and going to most likely get the Home Depot 60 Gallon compressor. Realistically I am just trying to figure out everything I need to get and what outlets and circuits I should get installed. I don't have a welder budget at the moment, just trying to get ideas/plan for down the road.

Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The cheapest welder I'd buy is the hobart mvp 210. It's a solid welder, and hobart is owned by miller. With a couple hundred more in budget (money well spent) I'd be looking at the new version of the Miller 211 or the Lincoln 210 Mp that came out recently. I'm generally very happy with my thermal arc 211i as well, but there are fewer places to have it serviced.

Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2