[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - High Quality Ice Chests
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 High Quality Ice Chests 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: High Quality Ice Chests

Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Free cooler, with free bottle opener, free logo AND free sticker*

*With the purchase of a new Ford truck

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Is that the kind of free when you just need to buy a vehicle first?

Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Oh snap!! Of course, in Dec of 2016 apparently there was NOTHING...

Guy doing finance in the back says "this is the most expensive truck I've seen" and you'd think I'd get something.... in 02 when we bought my wifes exploder, we got camping chairs.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Has anyone used one of the soft sided Coolers ?

https://www.yeti.com/en_US/soft-coolers ... lsrc=aw.ds

I swear somebody had one on our Baja Adventure trip in 2018.

I almost bought one for super celebration but bought a used utility trailer instead.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Last edited by Rox Crusher on Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have been pretty happy with our Pelican. I don't pre-chill it as well as I should, but we freeze 4 half-gallon milk jugs and put two on each end. Then place all the items we need in there already chilled, and it has lasted us a full weekend in fairly hot weather.

I think if I were to fill it with ice to pre-chill it, we'd still have mostly frozen jugs at the end of a weekend. Now I need a smaller 30ish for the bronco. Something I can strap down and still be able to open the lid.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Add another option to the list. I just got an 80qt AO Everest cooler from Woot. $350 normally, on sale for $200.

https://sport.woot.com/offers/ao-cooler ... nt_wp_1_12

https://aocoolers.com/coolers/everest-h ... eries.html

We are headed out for 1 week in Arizona and Utah to see the Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce in a couple weeks. The 45qt Otterbox didn't seem big enough so we jumped on this deal.

It got good reviews for ice retention (better than the Yeti). The only complaint is the rubber latches "seem like they won't last as long as other brands." Everything looks pretty well built. Rope & molded handles. The review states that they are made in the USA, but the box said China.

https://ireviewgear.com/review-of-the-w ... june-2019/

Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks similar to ORCA. Hope it works well!

Im on the hunt for a smaller one for the bronco. Something I can lash down and still be able to open the lid.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The pictures on AO's website are not loading at the moment, but I think in terms of capacity, I need somewhere between 25 & 50. Something that I can easily accomodate two people for a day, perhaps two days. I know several exist, but since I rarely get to use the bronco these days, it is hard to justify. So I keep an eye on marketplace...

Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Something I ran across that needs more research is the Onitis 45 from Rugged Road Outdoors:
https://ruggedroadoutdoors.com/collecti ... /onitis-45

It's only 8 POUNDS! And while it says it's durable, I would have to see one in person to verify. There are no hinges or gaskets and it uses straps to stay closed, which could be cumbersome. But I know from lugging my Pelican around, I would love to shave 30lbs off it's weight! Strapping it down might also pose a problem, but maybe the straps are robust enough for that??

They can hold up a corner of a phat JK!

Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2