[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 89  Next
 What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2) 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)

Finishing touches for Baja. Colorado representing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very Cool!... Showoff!

Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've been updating the ignition trigger system so I can ditch the MSD 8pt distributor wheel and move to a proper 36-1 crank wheel. It's been a lot of measuring, CAD work and cutting metal, but it's turning out nice.

20180423_231925.jpg

20180430_231343.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Tue May 01, 2018 12:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Admittedly, I am clueless as to what you are doing technically, but it sure does look nice!

Tue May 01, 2018 6:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Many fords since the early 90s used a 36 tooth tone wheel mounted on the crank, commonly found with distributless ignition (EDIS) One tooth is deleted to help the computer find TDC#1

The system works very well and is straight forward as there is a tooth passing the sensor every 10° of crank motion. As a result, many aftermarket and homebrewed EFI systems have adopted it.

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Tue May 01, 2018 6:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Since spring has sprung, I've been tied up with some yard work, sprinklers, and installing a swamp cooler. I've been on a couple local trail runs that make me think my 33's aren't going to cut it out here. So, despite the fact the truck still isn't running, I've started the transition...

https://www.battlebornwheels.com/collec ... lock-black

These went on sale. They are warehoused & sold close to my work, and he's delivering them Monday. He's also got a line of aluminum beadlocks too.

I *think* I've built in enough room for 37's.

Sun May 06, 2018 9:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

37s are the new 35s, you’ll love them. Are your geared deep enough?

Sun May 06, 2018 9:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've been chewing on the gearing issue for years.

I'm on 3.50s right now. I was running a NP435 & 33's, and they got off the line ok, cruised down the highway at 2200 RPM. Performance was marginal, but acceptable at 8000' (now living at 4700'). The low 1st in the NP made offroading decent, otherwise the 3.50's wouldn't have worked.

This is convoluted, but here is (was) my plan. With my Atlas 4 speed's 11.7:1 low/low, crawl ratio is not an issue. My considerations are getting started off the line & highway cruising RPMs. I'd like to keep my gearing as high (strong) as possible. 4.56's with 33's would give me use of the ZF's OD (2300rpm @ 65). I originally planned to install 4.56's and run off the rest of my 33's. 4.56's, 37's, & OD will not work on the highway with my 302 (2065rpm@65). But 37's, 4.56 gears & 4th gear (1:1) put me at 2700 rpm @ 65.

I have a 9" center chunk with 4.56 gears. My current plan is to install it and run it, and see how it runs (not using OD gear). We'll how it gets started in 2nd gear. And then make decisions from there.

My seemingly weird plan revolves around the 351 GT40 lower & AFR heads sitting in my garage. I still plan to build a 351 stroker that will make OD usable again. Of course by then I might be on 42s & one-tons. shrug bangtard

Sun May 06, 2018 10:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Bronco creep is real. I'll post up once mine is running and let you know how it's looking with a stockish 351w, 4.56 and 37's with the OD. I suspect I'll love it on the flats and shift lots on the hills.

Sun May 06, 2018 11:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun May 06, 2018 1:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
Seat of the pants feel is real, I know the calculator doesn’t lie, but you’ll know what you want once you try it. I just wish it wasn’t such a pain to swap gears, BSD has a set of 3.73s in the future to finally get the “feel” right.

Last edited by Kinder on Mon May 07, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 06, 2018 7:55 pm

All this gearing talk. I'll tell ya one thing. I just went for it. Stuffed in a set of 5.13's. Man is it crazy low. But overdrive is great. 2350 at 65mph on 35's is perfect. I'll run it up to the cabin in the next 2 weeks and see how it does pulling the hills. I chose this deep as I plan to do a trailer in the future and the overdrive in the 4r70w is really low. Could have gone 4.88's and been fine. oh and 4low is nuts. first gear is 10mph at 4krpm.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon May 07, 2018 8:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

icon biggin

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 07, 2018 8:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Can't wait to see it all mounted up! Are you going to try BB's for balancing?

Tue May 08, 2018 12:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 08, 2018 10:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just put on new (to me) MTRs on my beadlocks and used airsoft again with great results. I bought these larger dia BB's this time:
https://www.evike.com/products/49489/

100g per tire is where I am. But you may have to experiment.

Wed May 09, 2018 8:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Serpentine Mock-up...
Still cleaning up bolt holes and purchasing bolts before it all comes together...
Still need to rebalance to 28oz
Relocate PS reservoir ... blah blah blah

Thu May 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Looks great Mike!
Thanks for posting the picture, I just added a crossbar to my front hoops and now thinking I should install my "Serp" set up and see if the alt/pump assemble will clear the bar before fully welding. I'm sure it wont clear just by looking at your set up, "JUST MORE REWORK"

Fri May 11, 2018 8:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri May 11, 2018 8:36 am

and coil packs. where are you going to mount those?

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri May 11, 2018 8:30 pm

Mon May 14, 2018 7:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Today, I purchased a 26'x36' steel building.

It will have 3x 8'x10' garage doors on the 36' side, and a man door in one 26' side. It will have 11' wall height, putting the peak as close to 14'11" as possible. My goal will to eventually get a lift. I've had a chance to buy one already, but had to decline. Can't put the cart before the horse, unfortunately.

Permits, concrete, electric, heat, insulation still to come. We'll see how much I get done before running out of budget.

icon biggin

Tue May 29, 2018 9:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's exciting! Hope it all comes together for you!

Wed May 30, 2018 6:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got a little sumtin sumtin in the mail today...yeah, I know mine’s a ‘68... (insert devious laugh HERE) :laughing2:

Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:34 pm

Those are cool, are they Ford or Bronco specific? I haven't seen those before.

Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

More worthlessness...

One of these days I’m gonna post an engine swap or something actually worth while!

Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

HA!!!! I told Ya!!!....
I put my 14 year old to work... His 2nd Manual to Automatic swap!

Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

22oz removed!
$50 bucks

I need to put new gaskets on my transfer case and bolt it up to my transmission, put a new transmission filter and gasket on that thing and I might be ready to stab them in this weekend!??

Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Couple small mods to help the serpentine belt set up...

Made room behind the top pulley for the distributor vacuum.

Made more room by the oil pressure gauge (no A/C).

and of course relocated the ps reservoir.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 89  Next