[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89
 What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2) 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
My first attempt to mount beadlocks.

First try ended up with an off center tire, and a beadlock ring that was much tighter on 1/2 the wheel than the other half.

The second try I paid more attention to the ring/wheel gap than torque. I kept the gap more even, and the tire stayed centered. Unfortunately, I still have a gap between the ring & the wheel at the recommended 18 foot/lbs. I think I need an anticoning spacer between the wheel and beadlock ring. I've reached out to the manufacturer to get their recommendation.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

One thing that helped me was resting the back side of the wheel on a 5-gal bucket. I never had any centering issues, but I know every wheel manf is different.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ordered the fronts in March...Christmas in September!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like the ‘68 has had some work done on the guts of the rear end!
I took the pinion gear apart from the housing and pressed in new pinion bearings and then on the third member I replaced the pinion Pilot Bearing.

The pilot bearing was where I was having all of my trouble, that’s where all my slop was. I only had about six of the nine bearings left in it and my outer bearing wasn’t even pressed onto the pinion gear at all!!!

Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wasn't done to my Bronco but helped Eck get ready for the show and shine next weekend.

Huge thanks to Steve (Strike2) for the education on a cut and buff today!Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Installed a bigger engine. Image

Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Getting ready for the Coyote swap. Pulled the engine today.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:50 pm

Been driving it for a few days trying out the rear 4 link. So far its pretty good. I think all it needs is a good set of proper valved shocks.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just finished rebuilding / resealing my heater box, replaced the heater core, and replaced the OEM motor with a motor from mid 90s Ford truck.

This motor allows you to re-use existing squirrel cage and you don't have to enlarge the hole in the box if you use the commonly recommended Chevy motor / fan for the upgrade. I did have to trim part of the motor mounting flange but that was very easy.

I also removed all the heater control cables and lube them up so those are working nicely again.

The new motor puts out a lot more air which will improve the defrost function on those wintery drives to BV.

The motor is louder but not anywhere annoying or obnoxious.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

New H4 head lights with new adjusters
new LED dash lights ( jury's still out )
new tail light lens and gaskets

Report card on the AX-15 trans. The more I drive it the less "truck like shifting".
Towed the Cardinal camper around and it is nice to have the extra gear.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well it was a pilot bearing. I started having noise and bad throw out bearing feel in the clutch peddle. Got real bad coming home from Rosters breakfast. This is what I found when the trans was pulled. The new AX-15. The throw out bearing felt good but replaced it anyway. The pilot on the trans had some gaulding on it. Some time with moldmaker stones, 600 grit paper and oil fixed it up. The clutch and disk are in good shape so reused them.
So to be short I installed new pilot bushing, throw out bearing and changed the oils in trans and tranfercase

Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:15 am

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Junked it SCRAP PILE Pissed me off one to many times

Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

After Super Cell, I checked out Red and found the rear drive shaft splines had warn out. Changed it out (good to have parts broncos around). A week later after hunting leaving Colorado Springs started to hear and feel things. When I got it home found the rear diff had given up. Ring and pinion and bearings were shot. The rear leaf springs had also warn out. So I rebuilt the rear diff, replaced the springs, new brakes, axle seals and stainless brake lines and a new hood latch (it would not release ).

Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89