[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 89  Next
 What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2) 

Post Re: What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
I started and drove the 74 around. Realized it needs ball joints big time now. So that will be on order here soon. I did turn a wrench this weekend tho. Pulled the bellhousing and clutch out of my cobra to get the pilot bearing out. I think there is a little something missing....

new one on left. What was pulled on right. My first assumption was a bad bearing in the tranny. But that all checks out.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:58 pm

[quote="Brianut"]more bumper work.
just have to cap a few ends, and a whole lot of grinding to clean up the overall look, then some rattle can.

latch is just a bolt with wings welded to a nut.
seems to work ok. cheap as I had the pieces in the garage.[quote]

Looks great. The bolt and nut latch will work fine. Thats all thats on my duff rear bumper. Haven't had an issue yet. Just put anti-seize on the threads so it doesn't rust together.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Brianut,

That is one nice looking bumper! Are you going to cap the ends so that you don't have to worry about it rusting through down the road? I now know that you are pickey just by the banner in the back on the garage wall! Once again looks great and I will get around to getting those seats.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Going to remove the cage from the Bronco today and clean it up with metal wash....gloss epoxy tomorrow.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I ride red so that I have more money to spend on my ponies (65, 74) plus the way I see its less upkeep, Its all relative. Finishing drilling all the spotwelds out of the PS inner rocker, rocker, kick panel, inner fender getting ready for a complete removal just like the DS!

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Installed a new Bestop! I love it:) I forgot that the top adds about 4" to the height of the Bronco. It skims the top of the garage door opening....but it works:) Instructions say install at 72 degrees and above....I think I saw 48 degrees today...it was tight but I got it on.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by airbur on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

BesTop looks great! Great that you made the tough decision of selecting which Soft Top to purchase.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Today I looked at my warm, cozy little 73 all cuddlled up in the garage. I own the most coddled EB that I know of. It's only let out on clear, sunny days when it can't get too dirty!!!! :) I know, I'm a nutcase!!!

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Airbur,

Hows the replacement family cage? I dig the top I may take a closer look if i can make the breakfast in two weeks.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I got my dash cut out and my 6 panel switch housing, complete with my ARB switches, installed where the radio used to be. Now to figure out why the compressor isn't running...

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I finally got my quadrajet (hillbilly fuel injection) dialed in. After rejetting 3 times (I finally went with a #70), I had the airhorn off 5 times. My daughter was riding with me through the neighborhood as I stopped every 200 feet to jump out and tweak the mixture screws. Now she's (Bronco not daughter) ready for an altitude and incline test. Of course beating my Edelbrock won't be hard to do. Maybe heading to Lefthand Canyon or Carnage Canyon next Saturday to test it out. Anyone going out that way?

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

replaced some pop rivets on DS rear fender flare (they popped off during last snow wheeling trip)

removed chassis harness from 5.0 engine

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Airbur - I can't believe the second cage wasn't good either. That's a huge frustration...you've been fussing with that about 6 months haven't you? Good luck with the new approach - git er dun! I like the new top - I'm thinking about ditching the hardtop for a soft.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Stuffed my rear fenders yesterday

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

OOPS. Doubled up somehow

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Bumper build on Saturday - recovered from over 18 hours of fabrication Saturday on Sunday and missed the china wall run :(

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry I wasn't able to make it. Looks like you got a lot done though!

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

today i sold my factory rear bumper rear seat and swing tire carrier.. go craiglist sold all less than 3 hours thanks yall.. more part be for sale when upgrading kicks off again. thinking now to install 4.6 liter cobra engine from a 1996.. hope it works?

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Picking up a new fuel gauge selector switch from Bronco Hut tomorrow. I think the original is busted and I had to cut off 1/4 of the switch to get the family cage set in...now that the cage is gone, I can fix this issue.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post It's dark in here!
Drove the Bronco to work this morning at 5:30am. Realized the little lights in the gauge cluster just don't work for lighting up the cabin to look for things! Some LEDs are probably in my near future.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:21 am

I washed it. Gotta be clean for the breakfast saturday and the last day in my garage. It's goin back to My dads house since my car is back together.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Made my ARB compressor functional again.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

pulled the intake off on tuesday 3/8 bought a eldebrok peformer intake and a new to me two barrel from a buddy, who's going to fuel injection in his bronco so i'll be in the garage all weekend getting it all back on. Last week i finshed up the wiring to the point that i was able to take the bass boat around the BLOCK!!!. It's the most she's moved on her own power in over a year! got a lot of wierd looks from the neighbors. the bronco got no doors, talgate,and a seat thats got two bolt's holding it down. And my bigass driving around the block with a HUGE grin on my face! icon biggin

Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 89  Next