[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 89  Next
 What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2) 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
Installed the CCB script window decals today.

Things to do on the 76';
Rebuild PS box
Fix transmission leak
Install the newly purchased sunroof (thanks JTSbronc)
Install the newly purchased hydroboost (thanks Rox Crusher)
Install new powder coated bumpers
Install 3 1/2" lift kit
Polish the newly purchased wheels
Buy new tires (per LoboBronco) see Bunce School/Gordon's Gulch Trail Report. icon biggin

Soon, Very Soon;
Rebuild the C4 and Dana 20 I bought from Dalli
Buy a new EB to install the aforementioned C4 and Dana 20.
Wheel the s_ _t out of said new EB.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I installed a TJ back seat that fits like a glove and added some lap belts, will be ready to haul the kid now.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

3/12/11, Today I dropped the aux gas tank, patched holes, cleaned hoses, etc.

New wipers
New Wiper Blades
New Dimmer Switch
Adjusted idle mixture on carb.
Tried to fix seat adjustment issues on drivers side seat.
New Fan belt
Painted old valve covers (Had the urge)
Sprayed primer and graphite spray on the skid guard that covers the aux gas tank (Was somewhat rusty)

then tmrw, I am going to put the aux gas tank on, play with carb some more, and see what else I can find to do.

Sometime in the next few days a new sending unit should be showing up for the main tank :D and a wiring harness....so thatll be fun on spring break. :P

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:16 pm

I returned it to it's owner today. =( I had fun while it was in my garage. Guess I'll have to go steal it from my old man and drive it more often. Atleast when I had it I would drive it. It will just sit in his garage now and Rot away.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got the carb rebuilt and reinstalled yesterday. It's running good and no more backfiring:) Also replaced the fuel gauge selector switch and now I can actually see how much is in each tank:)

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Changed out tires and rims, tuned it up a bit, then promised my wife a fancy ass burger if she'd go with me to the carwash and help me scrub the bronco. The paint is still horrible, but now it's not dirty.

I'll probably sell my old chrome rims if anyone wants em.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Drove the family around the corner to Daniel's Park...hoping the carb wouldn't throw me any problems. On the way home I followed a nice '72 into Wildcat Ridge Park and talked to the owner. He's not part of the club but I gave him the info and he was very interested.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Installed a headlight relay harness from Wildhorses to fix the flickering headlight problem...time to test it out.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Adjusted the carb a bit more. Also installed the new center console...I like it a lot.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What console did you get?

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, really its what I've done in the last week. Getting closer & closer to actually doing the swap:

#1: Remove & replaced ball joints in my 79 Bronco axles
B: R&R axle ujoints- the "long" axle's ujoints were dry as a bone
III: Asked a mechanic (I'm just a body guy) at work how to best get my spindle bearings out, he grabbed my spindles & removed the bearings himself.

Although I'm a hands on guy, having someone else do it is not too bad. He was probably right, it was the best way to get it done.

Now I just have to replace the axle seals in the HP D44, and it'll be time to pull the trigger. I'll be posting a thread on this when the time comes.

I've got visitors next weekend, maybe a day or two of snowboarding left, a rafting trip in Utah, April 9 & 10, and then turkey season. Oh yeah I'm in the middle of remodeling my house, and I've got a new set of coilovers to install & lower my 300C. I was going to do some work this weekend, but I was unexpectedly invited to go snowmobiling yesterday & I couldn't pass it up. Now my body is broken & it was very hard to get out of bed today. Where are my Advil?

I better get off the computer and start working.

Chad

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have been cuttin grinding and Welding on the dana 70hd I've had laying around. My 9 inch is very tired, pinion bearings starting to make noise. Time for another upgrade. I think im going to be doing the fender cutting thing as well. I have been trying to avoid it. Also installed a roll bar. Well that was yesterdanny. Thanks jcb

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well I took advantage of the nice weather and a day off and I re-installed my air pump, and adjusted my brakes....now all I need to do is get her on the road and see how she handles...

I have a question...I'm not good at adjusting my carb, so I was wondering if someone would be willing to stop by some time and help me adjust the carb and timing...I would provide the refreshments...

Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Did the Cherokee wiper upgrade last night. They work awesome and it was one of the easiest mods Iv'e ever done. Went with a 13" inch wiper. Cool.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My brother was in town for my daughter's wedding and offered to teach me a bit about brakes

So we pulled the rear wheels and drums to check my brakes. It's been 10+ years since the brakes were checked. All looked fine so we didn't wind up doing anything but blowing the dust out and putting them back together.

We also took the bronco up Mt Herman road 4 times to do some hiking and "dutch oven stick whittling". My brother loves outdoor cooking, but Arizona just doesn't have the scrub oak like we do to produce a truly good dutch oven stick. I wonder what ATF thought of 6 sticks in his checked luggage.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

drove it to work and 4whl parts up the 2000-3000 block of south broadway and about shook the thing apart.
somewhere I lost my front marker lense cover and my CCB stick or someone stole it rant

Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have been waiting FOREVER to post on this thread! I welded some of my tailgate today. icon biggin

Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:33 am

Oh i got a lot done today. I looked at it sittin there. Hopin gas prices go down so I can acually get out and drive it.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:24 pm

Jason turned around and for thebumper?

Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, we re-hung the doors yesterday, lots of trial and error, replacing 2 of the back up plates, had to drill and tap the original upper pasenger side for 3/8" bolts because the factory bolts just spun and spun and spun......

Took 4 hours to properly install 2 doors. Now we still have to do something about the inside door release handles. We are on our second set, and they just do not work. have to roll down the window and open the door from the outside. I suppose we will jsut have to bite the bullet and spend some cash for new ones. But for the first time since purchasing Drew's little pony, there is no daylight around the dopor seals. Kind of nice actually.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 89  Next