[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 89  Next
 What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2) 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
Seeing how popular the thread with the same subject is on cb.com, I thought it would be cool to have a Colorado version of our own.

To start it off, I pulled mine out of the garage, sat my 2 year old in my lap and let him drive it around the neighborhood. Then we got underneath and I showed him all the spots to wipe up oil and tranny fluid before it dripped on the floor:)

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
Put my bronco up on the lift yesterday to double check everything after the engine and trans swap. Did a oil change as well.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

does "today" count if it was after midnight?
mine is now running on a 3G network, er I mean alternator that I finished up early this am, then a few hours later drove it to work.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yesterday she got a bath, then I rotated her tires. After she was all clean and purdy, I drove her over to O'Reilly's Auto Parts and got her a brand new Edelbrock air cleaner.

Today she gets all of the unnecessary mechanical equipment taken off from under the hood rant and the new air cleaner installed. Then a much needed oil change.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Oil change, what's that? Started the PS panel replacement (kick, inner fender, inner rocker, rocker, floor pans, door post) just a little bit of work to do.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great idea Eric - I see it on cb.com but never followed it. Here is my last night:

Block Sanded body, doors, hood, etc. then re-primed. Worked until 1 AM on shooting primer - takes forever.

Re-primed is a word I hoped to NEVER use. Now I will be using it a few times this week :(.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Saturday, I finished my hydroboost WOW what a difference
Last Night I Finished my Cherokee wiper conversion and Wiper Delay switch
Now I can SEE and STOP

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Let's set something up when you get back from ND.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Washed and waxed...dang black looks good clean!

2006 4Runner V8 Sport Edition
1998 4Runner...DD with 333k and counting

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Quick hijack....

That thing looks GREAT everyday! Yup...stalker! Ok...I drive by him everyday on my way home!

I'll come visit one of these days!

Matt

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks Matt!

2006 4Runner V8 Sport Edition
1998 4Runner...DD with 333k and counting

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I know this may sound weird, but I actually started her up for the first time in a few weeks...too much to do and not enough free time...

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I bought everything for a disc brake swap off a 78 bronco for $75 this evening. Soon I'll be able to stop!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Almost. Turns out semi-functional 4 wheel manual drums and 35s don't mix well.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tune up. I bought new wires cap rotor and Pertronix a couple of weeks ago. Got elbow deep into it and found out that I got the wrong Pertronix kit rant . Sent it back and am waiting on the right one. Still got everything back together and fired it up last night to make sure everything ran ok. Should be getting the Pertronix on Monday.
Still on the list - Shocks, Rear springs, new carpet, replace the old sunroof and replace the steering linkage. Good times !!!!

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Washed the mud off of it from the last two trail rides, dumped out a couple pounds of dirt from the floor mats as well. Looking forward to getting it dirty again!

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sanded until 1 AM - again.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I reworked my accessory wiring under the dash by running a new 10ga wire from the battery (inline fuse near the battery). Then through a 30 amp relay and fed my cigarette lighter sockets, radio, and CB.

I've been using a heated seat cushion this winter and I noticed after running it, that some of the wiring under the dash was getting a bit warm. This seemed like the best solution other than rewiring the whole bronco.

I also installed a nice Cobra 29ltd CB. I hope it doesn't get stolen too soon.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We hope to get Drew's little pony back on all 4 tires this afternoon. Just need to shorten up the new track bar mount and reinstall the fenders. (yep - the new mount is about 1.5 inches to long.... figures... cut weld grind, cut weld grind.....

This whole work thing really takes up far to much of my time, think I will pick up a lotto ticket this afternoon on my way home.

And no wheelin for me this weekend even if we get it done, tomorrow I have to clean the shop, we are hosting a bunch of bronco nut jobs next Saturday for a bumper building tech class.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I picked up my replacement ProtoFab cage from the Bronco Hut today. Unfortunately, it's about the same as the last one. I'm going to try and work with it though. I did discover yet another defect with the first one....the dash grab bar was mounted about 4" too low! The new one is much higher and looks just right.

While I was there I picked up a new Bestop also:)

Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I built 80% of my rear bumper.

Welding

for some reason my measurement was off on the width and I ended up too wide???

better than too short I guess, just cut the ends and recap them.
tomorrow I will weld in and drill the hitch and make some kind of latch mechanism as well as the mount for the tire, not sure yet how I plan to do that either.
I will figure it out.

BTW this thing is gonna be heaaavy when all said and done.

maybe I shoulda bought the 4 1/2" leaf pack instead of 3 1/2
icon biggin

bronco bumper and misc 041.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very nice work! Should be easy enough to chop the ends and make it right. Or, leave it as is and enjoy the extra protection from idiot rear-enders!

Last edited by airbur on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

new plugs, rotor, and cap

Holley carb still needs tuned big time

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

more bumper work.
just have to cap a few ends, and a whole lot of grinding to clean up the overall look, then some rattle can.

bronco bumper and misc 044.jpg

latch is just a bolt with wings welded to a nut.
seems to work ok. cheap as I had the pieces in the garage.

bronco bumper and misc 045.jpg

bronco bumper and misc 046.jpg

bronco bumper and misc 048.jpg

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice work!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 89  Next