[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 89  Next
 What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2) 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
Couldn't stand it anymore, had to get her out of storage and drug her home. She has been patiently waiting in the dark there long enough.

No room in the garage (and never will be) so she sits outside for now but I am currently working on plans for the shop build late spring/early summer.

I will post a pic of her parking place whenever I get home before dark again.....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Noticed the front passenger side axle seal went out and was leaking on the garage floor. Got the parts just waiting for it to drip dry. Tomorrow I will get them installed and all back together.
What axle seal number is everyone using in a Dana 44 front end ?
Reason I ask is it seems like every year I have to replace them. This is the 4th time. In 3 years. I have new 31 spline axles in the front they don't have any burs. There is No evidence of any metallic flakes in the gear oil or housing.
Any ideas before I put it back together ?
My other thought is maybe the part store is selling me the wrong seals ..

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I’ll guess alignment of the seal, how does the housing look?

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Actually made it home a bit early *ahem* "Had a late afternoon jobsite meeting" so no point in heading back to the office. Right??

We had a guy coming to repair the worn leather on Cheri's Jeep seats so I thought I should be there to make sure he knew what he was doing. He does. That is is sport track in the pics.

And I snapped these pics of where Wilma rests now and the area where my new shop will be built later this year. For now, she will rest there enjoying the view with Daniels next project - its his crew cab.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've given up on mine D44 seals. Such a hassle to change out for them to just leak again.

Greg - Git-r-dun!! Do I remember you just moved? Looks like a great place with space for a nice shop!

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm in a similar situation as Greg. I'm desperately trying to squeeze 10# of crap into a 5# bag. At least temporarily. I left a 700 sq ft garage with attic storage in Gunnison. Here in Nevada, I only have a small 2 car garage, and almost no storage. I've bought a shed, and turned my 72 E/S into a temporary storage shed, as well. My goal is to fit my 74 into the garage with my Chrysler 300. I'm closing in on that, and may be there by the end of the weekend. Then I'll have to build an extension cord to get 220v from the dryer into the garage, just so I can have air & a welder. I've added some LED lights already, but there is only 1 110v outlet available. Definitely not a working garage.
DSCN8276.JPG
DSCN8277.JPG

I expect to get the 74 running by spring/summer. I need to reacquaint myself with the project after it gets put into the garage. I worked my butt off trying to get it ready to move, but there are still some things that need done. I haven't worked on it since July, so I sort of forget everything that needs done. Exhaust, H-boost/PS plumbing, some wiring, front driveshaft, all come to mind, but I know there is a lot more. I just got a great deal on some slightly used chromo front axles with CTM u-joints. I'm expecting to regear, and add a Lock-Rite I already have to the front end once everything is running. I'll install these axles at that time. If everything works out, job-wise, my plan will be to put up a shop this summer. My first job here didn't work out as expected, and I just started a new job on January 2nd. Things seem much better at this shop. Fingers crossed.

We get crazy winds here, sometimes topping 100 mph. I've seen 50 mph a few times already. Frequently, cars get sandblasted, with damage to glass and paint. I live fairly close to a gravel pit area, and I think that adds to the dirt that gets picked up. So my 300 has to stay garaged, I'm not going to risk it. I bought 2 Tom's covers for the Broncos. They get good reviews, and used to cost $200. I'm not sure why, but they were only $99 now. Hopefully they will prevent the trucks from being sand blasted, and hopefully the covers don't damage the trucks either.
DSCN8274.JPG
DSCN8275.JPG

I've hooked up with the Sierra Stompers 4x4 group. I've been a passenger on a couple trail runs. They are a great group of people. We have some awesome wheeling right in my back yard. The first run I attended was in Carson City, about 15 minutes away. There is an off road area, just outside town called Prison Hill. Anything from mild to wild available. I got a ride in an awesome tube chassis 'CJ5' with a 114" wheelbase. I also rode along on the Kings Canyon trail just outside Carson City as well. All Jeeps, but good people, regardless.

25395976_10212293407583945_3260212861127497589_n.jpg
25399125_10212293407823951_101840930106462677_n.jpg

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Don’t feel worthy considering all the awesome build activity taking place lately

Anywho, I finally got around to installing James duff hood struts tonight

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Had a machinist friend of mine install steel inserts in the lug holes of all my aluminum beadlock wheels and mounted new (to me) MTR's on the wheels with airsoft bb's inside. She's ready to rock again and I hope my fuel pressure issue has been resolved.
It's crazy that it's been on jack stands long enough that it looks odd with tires now!! Perhaps it's because the tires have quite a bit more tread than before??

Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Continuing to get prepared for Baja trip..........

Replaced front brake pads. I think I win the award for getting the absolute most utilization without damaging the rotors.

Cleaned up some wiring in engine bay and rerouted fuel lines as they were dangling below inner fender skirt.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Last edited by Rox Crusher on Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:39 pm

Picked up a brand new never run 351w gt40 lower yesterday. It's the marine cast iron version. It might be up for sale or might get used.....

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got mine in the garage! Time to get back to work on it.

Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

thumbs up fire fire

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:35 am

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A little cosmetic upgrade. I haven’t seen these before, it almost looks like a scout to me?

Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Picked up the new cage from powder coat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:20 pm

Dang 1st a new bumper and now a new cage!! Don't stop now go for the Trifecta !! That's a great looking cage

Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Reacquainted myself with the never ending project that now spans 4.5 years and 1100 miles. More to do than I hoped, but I gotta finish this thing. Started with wiring up the rear turn signals & brake lights, and license plate light. Of course didn't have enough electrical fittings, so I stalled out. But it's a start.

BTW, I bought a set of these wheel skates from Amazon, more expensive than HF, but not terribly expensive. I need to be able to move the non-running Bronco to the middle of the garage to work on it, but push it back to the side to get my Chrysler into the garage (today we had 50 mph winds). After reading mixed reviews on this type skate, I was worried they wouldn't work. I was pleasantly surprised when I could pretty easily muscle the truck around by myself!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000U ... UTF8&psc=1

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good news Chad, is that you're back at it!

Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:37 am

Well I have gone and done it. After the breakfast Saturday I made my way down to look at another bronco. What I have found is a good chassis and drivetrain and a completely rusted out body of a 77. I will be dragging it home in a few weeks to look at options on how to built it or part it out.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:38 am
VENDOR
VENDOR

Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Finished recovering my seats on Sunday. I have a new respect for guys that do it for a living.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice. I respected those who do it for a living and took mine in to get done :)

Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 89  Next