[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 1:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 89  Next
 What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2) 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
Picked up a 125 cuft bottle of c25. Now, just need to get a welder and some skills.

Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Did a tune up along with a new coil. It's safe to say we got the power back the engine was lacking after sitting for all those years. The distributor cap contacts were very corroded. Sally still isn't a speed demon (straight six and a 3 speed), but she will do 35 up steep hills and 55 on the highway so I'm pretty happy with that.

Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Pulled the trigger. Tweco is ordered. Fingers crossed. Time to start learning something new.

Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You'll love it!! My best piece of advice is to take your time with the welds. Don't rush, go slow and watch the puddle.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Redneck chrome. White bedliner / paint

Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Finally got some brake lines that fit for my front brakes! Put those on, went ahead and changed the brake fluid completely and bled all four. Feels like new again. All of that was a product of putting in new front axle u-joints last week also, but everything is back together and we have functional four wheel drive which is nice. When it's in 4WD I hear the tell tale squeal of drive-shaft u-joints from the front so that's on the short list of things to be done. Snapped a cool pic while milling around the Pine Junction area:

Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So I guess these CB/Shortwave radios were gold back in the day. .this is what I spent the better part of 3 hours taking out of the 72 yesterday…

CB Mounted under the dash… lost keys to the two pad locks holding the CB chastity belt in place

After the cut off wheel… two pad locks cut off

chastity belt removed

CB dismounted from bullet proof case… now please notice that there are two bolts holding the metal case in place.. and an old switch that used to be wired into the alarm system…

What I didn’t show you were the welds.. yes they welded the entire contraption to the dash..

So i guess i am rich now that i have removed that CB right? - holy cow…

Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Big thanks to Justin for helping me work on finishing the long arms we started months ago. Knowing he's got plenty of work to do on his own rig, I greatly appreciate it!

Still need to do some finishing welds and weld on the bunges and shock mounts.

ImageImageImageImage

Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very welcome. I had a ton of fun. Ever since I got the bracketry done on mine I haven't gotten to weld much and I appreciated the excuse!

Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What's that they say about idle hands?

Rather than continue to procrastinate in the hopes of finishing my 351, I made the decision to go ahead and replace the timing set on the 302. I have some time to kill as I've sent one of my C4s to CA for a little magic to be done. And it's nice to have the peace of mind of a back up vehicle.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Is that a FRAM filter I see?? Dammit! Haven't I taught you anything! icon biggin

Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yup! This motor has skipped timing at least once so it's on its last legs. If the timing replacement goes well, I'll take care of it on the next oil change. I just happened to have one last Fram left during the last oil change and didn't feel like going to the store.

Not like much of the oil makes it to the filter. Most of it winds up under the truck.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Image[img]

Hell ya... Man following my own heart! thought I was the only one that welded in shorts & flip flops!!! required PPE at my house when it comes to fabrication! usually I only wear 1 light leather glove, michael Jackson style!

Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Those stupid looking shoes are actually awesome for welding. They're leather, and fit like a glove so welding boogers can't get down inside them. I also hate wearing shoes, but that's another thing...

Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
Wrapped up the timing set swap, installed a new water pump (the old one looked like it came off the titanic), pulled the oil pan (along with the driver side header, as it was necessary to get the oil pan off), installed a new pan gasket, and finished it all off with an oil change.

Then we took it for a test drive to Sonic for dinner.

Parts hoarding has paid off. My old pan had the push in style dipstick. Someone had soldered/brazen the tub into the pan. It ripped off during removal. Pulled another pan off the shelf and now have a screw in style dipstick tube.

The Terrible One

Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like some happy campers and one mountain man! Enjoying not to have to be so clean cut anymore?

Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Pulled a pumpkin. Not from the garden.

I'm pretty sure that rust isn't supposed to be in there.

The Terrible One

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Is the ring gear pitted?

You do have me wondering if I can throw one of those out on my porch this halloween...

Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That looks mo-betta

Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

3.50 diff is in the truck. 90% of the road noise I was hearing before is now gone. And it's nice to be turning at or below 2k at 65.

The Terrible One

Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

How is the power at that rpm? That's a touch lower than I'll be spinning with the zf.

Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Finally got a free couple of hours so I built some new bumper mounts and reattached my front bumper. Still bent from the plow being on there, but at least it's back on and I don't have to worry about it getting tossed or anything.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like a happy Bronco. The bends look like a smile.

Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 89  Next