[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 89  Next
 What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2) 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
If you're talking about the paddle handle on the inside of the door, you're in luck. You can actually find replacements at the junk yard. Ford continued to use the same paddles throughout the 90s in the side doors of vans and third doors on extended cab pickups. Not a fancy chrome paddle, but the black looks cool too.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

bought her some new hella lights and unloaded the winch so they can get installed on the new front bumper!!!
also took her for a relaxing ride in the country.
No radio, no other cars just the sound of a purring engine.
Window down, eatin some sunflower seeds. kinda needed that.
crazy that I am starting to understand the old timers in my home town that used to just cruise the backroads at a slow and steady pace with nowhere to go.

Good times. thumbs up

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I took a stab at stopping my oil leaks...new valve cover gasket, new oil pan gasket, and new harmonic balancer. Now pleaaaase stop leaking all over my garage.

My carpet kit arrived yesterday and hope to get it in soon...that will be more fun than changing gaskets - ha!

Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Replaced my old tachometer last night. It quit working awhile ago. I was cruising the Advanced Auto Parts site and found a $20.00 off any $50.00 purchase. Got the tach, heat shrink tubing and a roll of electrical tape for $31.00! Can't beat that with a stick. Went home and an hour later was able to check my motors pulse again.

Heres the link to the discount at Advanced.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp ... wEQmLPC3wM

Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Finally! I found some good used rubber in the shop with some wear on the Center section of the tires but they are 16" 35" tall and a matched set that will get me by until I can buy new. So that made me want to put them in the back where everything else is stored. So I dug in and took everything out and scrambled through boxes. Found the headlamp bezels. I put them on to cut down on storage space. Ill take em back off later to clean up and repaint. Then evaluated my situation and decided to see what I have to mount the seat in. Well the seat tracks are not going to work (they are Aerostar Seats and various tracks my buddy picked up at a yard. I found one set which may be the OEM set and decided ill look for the tension springs. But I did go ahead and bolt the drivers seat directly to the floor for now. only 2 bolts but its not going anywhere for now. loco but it gets the job done. I need to find 2 more 3/4 ton chrome spoked rims or what I really want is the late 90s 3/4 ton aluminum rims from the Factory. I fired him up also, been sitting buried in over 400" of snow most of the winter. About 30 seconds of cranking and varoooommmm!!!! thumbs up

So I can now focus on getting my driveshafts replaced and or fixed and finish working on my brake system. Maybe next weekend if its nice out I can work on it some more.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got the new one (Tina) started and drove it ten feet into the driveway and then drove it back in. Then I tore half of the front of the engine off, bought a bunch of parts, and then got thinking banghead !

What to do....I see a new thread coming!

Matt

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Attempted to install a new steering stabilizer....it is too big and won't fit correctly:(

Swapped out the old rubber mounts and gaskets on the front blinkers for new ones.

Adjusted the timing...again....now at 10B and seems to be running good.

Installed new JBFab heim-jointed clutch rod. This turned into more of a project than I thought it would be...lots of adjusting after it was installed.

Fixed some of the carpet in the driver's floor pan...sits much nicer now.

Washed the outside to get the dust off.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I finally get to post in this thread! I got my new front bumper done and mounted! Looks great in my opinion!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's probably the best lookin bronco bumper I've seen.Outstanding, you should be proud of yourself.JGZ

Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That looks so good I love it. Nice bends

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Did you rhino line the front of your truck. I did mine exactly the same way. Looks good

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Pondered more on what to do and found this little gem of a fix.... Radiator supports anyone!

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Crawler - your Bumper skills are amazing. I echo JGZ thoughts - that is the best looking bumper ever.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Made it to about 95% completion on the disc brake install. A very frustrating day. Not that the others haven't been. WH will be getting a stinky phone call tomorrow. 300+ on all new brake lines. A bunch of them do NOT fit. And the "custom brake lines" I was charged 69.99 for...nowhere to be found. More on that rant later.

Hydroboost and the rear bearings never came out of the box. Truck is out of the garage though, and that will make the wife happy. Especially since I am headed to North Carolina for a few days today.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got the 35 year old sunroof out last night. Cleaned all the watertight goo off the edges and marked the top for the new sunroof. Tonight, I cut the larger hole and install the new one. One more item off the list! thumbs up

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice! Did it come off a Bronco?

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Zima - Which winch did you go with?

Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks & good to know. The Warn's, in my opinion, are overpriced anyway. I just haven't heard much on the SB ones. Not to mention the price on them is killer. I am like you, not too worried about speed, just want to be able to un-stick myself.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I bought a Superwinch i9000e (?) last winter. It gets good reviews, and it can be bought with or upgraded to synthetic line. I've only used it once in anger, it worked. Amazon.com runs good deals, I think I paid 500.00 w/free shipping.

So in the last couple weeks, I've FINISHED prepping & rebuilding my full width HP D44. I installed new inner oil seals, knuckles w/new Moog balljoints, axles w/new ujoints, spindle bearings, hubs w/new Timken bearings & seals, drilled/slotted Raybestos rotors, T-bird calipers & new Carquest (Raybestos)pads, BC Broncos S.S. flexible brake hoses, made/bent/flared new hard lines.

I've left the carrier & associated bearings untouched. I can't afford new gears & locker just yet, so I'll drive it for a while. I'm curious how it runs on the highway, with lower RPMs. I'm still waffling about how to gear it.

FYI BC Broncos Extreme (Moog) ball joint & hub bearing kit does NOT come with races. Nowhere does it show races, or state it comes with races, but really?

My 9" is done except welding on the spring perches. So next weekend, I think, I'll do the f/w swap with Bloody Knuckle arms. I'll take lots of pics along the way.

Chad

Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I pulled into the shop tonight, cleaned the engine compartment, it was still covered with leafs and other miscelaneous crap from sitting for so many years. fired the 289 up and adjusted idle, checked timing. found the vac advance is loose. ill mess with it later. Put it up because I need to swapp them front knuckles, but more important. I need a hub for my 78 F150 (spun BRG) and when I took the wheels off I noticed its a front freaking Drum setup!!! I cant believe I didnt notice this earlier. so now its funny. Going to search around for some part change info to see if I can swap one of them drum hubs over to a disc hub. foshizzle Ill work on that tonight and see what I can get done tomorrow in order to get my 78 worthy of leaving town with a good hub on it. then 2 weeks ill be heading to big D and dont mean Dallas. I may work on getting the floor shifter in tomorrow also. I found a rubber bed mat for a pickup out back and may snag that up and trim that down to fit the floor. I need to finish my hinge repairs on the passenger door also. Set pinion angle on rear D 60...it just goes on and on and on. banghead

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ahhh the old way of doing an alignment. I was afraid I would need them when I had my 76 F150. luckily it came out straight.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 89  Next