[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 89  Next
 What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2) 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
I yanked my column apart yesterday to see whats up with the shifter. found one of the shift shims was so worn out it was half of what it used to be and dang near paper thin. Lower bearing is going, I cleaned it out and packed grease in there cleaned it all up. Decided ill need new shims, lower bearing and the upper shift housing is a bit worn. Put it back together and decided not to reuse the mechanics wire for retainers on the shift levers. Will order new parts for it after bills get paid.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

First post here on Co C Bronco. I have owned a 74 for about 2 months know. I finally got the front end all back together (new milemarker locking hubs) and trailered it to town to have the front end aligned, i will pick it up in the morning and drive it home (first drive longer than 1/2 mile). I did finish cutting both floor pans out on sunday and now i hope to get the new ones in on thursday. I plan on next weekend getting the ineterior duracoated. JP

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I only have 17 miles of dirt/gravel boardin . I plan on doing a front disc brake upgrade in the next month so I can feel safe with the kids. So far I have replaced the power steering pump with a saginaw style from BC broncos, and both front axles with chrom molly from toms. I have changed all the fluids with the engine oil twice (first time it looked like crude). I am having some issues with the transfer case going into 2w, I do plan on rebuilding this at a later date. Jp

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hey socofn - did you just buy that Bronco? I think i remember the 1 Corbeau seat pic from a CL ad. Anyway, Welcome to the site!

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Had it about 2 months. Did drive it home today. A little cold. Got about halfway home and it died??? Could not figure out what the issue was. Had my son tow me home. After some diagnosis (furious head scratching) i thought the fuel pump had died so I pulled the feed line and it had suction?? I ran out of gas (my wife thought this was hilarious). I went ahead and pulled the rear fuel tank and cleaned it out, it was suprisingly clean. I cleaned the outside and painted it. I will order a new sending unit for the main and the aux tank. Live and learn. JP

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I yanked a soft top off of a 01 Wrangler to install a new soft top/doord on (used car at the dealer) Decided I may see if I can make some form of a a bikini top out of the old top. Ill check to see how wide it is and see if it will even work. so I put it in the Bronco today HA!

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The alignment turned out great, thanks for asking 69, Wish I could have driven it farther!! I am going to replace both the sending units since i have both tanks out, any suggestions on where to get the parts? Thanks in advance JP

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Drove the damn thing over 140 miles, THANK YOU!

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Call and talk with Melissa at the Hut......Dana will meet you up near Park Meadows any day of the week with whatever parts you need.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

drove it down street with no hard top loved it and cat came along with me

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:00 am
Profile YIM WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks 69. I bought my floor pans from Melisa, I will give her a call. Thanks JP

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Made the boys put it back into the garage... they had it in the driveway when I got home trying to take the tomp off. Mom and I have made the rule - not running it without the top until there is a proper cage installed and good rubber.

The idea here is to get the boy to save his money for that cage and tires...

I know - I am sooooo mean.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got the drivers side floor pan welded in. Needs some work to make it pretty. Ordered new sending units for both tanks from Tom's, no one carries the specific unit for the Bronco. JP

Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Reinstalled the rear drive shaft (Big props to Drive Line Service of COS).
Pulled the old 2 barrel intake and carb and dropped on the Edelbrock set up that has been sitting in the garage for months.

Note to self: drain some coolant before pulling an intake manifold. Think I wound up draining about a quart of coolant out of the oil pan.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Added hood shocks and said good bye to the hood rod smokin

Sun May 01, 2011 11:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Converted a pair of stock window regulators to power.This is by no means my idea but I had to try it and it works killer.Windows go up and windows go down all the way!Got the motors out of a taurus fabbed a bracket,welded it up and BAM power windows.Still need to wire switches but just running it off a battery charger it works great.By the way there is no drilling or modification to the door.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 01, 2011 1:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great mod Jay! Which pieces are the ones you fabbed up? Looks like your motors came out of a 1986-ish or later Taurus. That about right?

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Sun May 01, 2011 1:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The two red pieces in the center of last pic.I cut out of 1/4x2-1/2inch flat stock.Cut the center with a hole saw on the drill press,drilled and taped the mounting holes and welded it up.You can see where I welded a different pair onto the regulator.Motors are 86-95 taursus $45 a u-pull and pay.

Sun May 01, 2011 1:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

that is a neat mod for sure. A lot easier than my wing window eliminator in my F100 LOL

Sun May 01, 2011 1:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i added a 12000pound winch i got new for 200

What winch and where?

Zack, that sucks!

Sun May 01, 2011 7:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Went to finish up the hydroboost install and nearly got everything bolted up. And then.... Snapped an ear off of the hydro unit. Three more days for a new unit to come in from Advanced. oops

The Terrible One

Sun May 01, 2011 7:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon May 02, 2011 9:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon May 02, 2011 7:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Replaced the glass in both wing windows and the drivers side door...

Still have to do the passenger side door.

And now I am starting to remember why I dont do auto glass...

These things are a pain in the ass. But I will say this, I have 90 minutes invested and in the imortal words of Billy Cristal:

They look Marvoulous!!!

Tue May 03, 2011 6:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 89  Next