[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 89  Next
 What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2) 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: What have you done to your Bronco today? (v.2)

Tue May 10, 2011 11:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 10, 2011 11:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got some Duplicolor Vinyl spray paint at Advanced. Spray painted the old vinyl sun visors and look spankin' new.

Tue May 10, 2011 11:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 10, 2011 11:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I went with Grey to match my interior color - it went on so nice and dried perfectly. I did multiple coats on each side. Has a cool tip that shoots vertically and easy to get the sides and seams. Suprising that $5.00 can make them look new again.

Tue May 10, 2011 12:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Last edited by Crazyone on Wed May 11, 2011 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 10, 2011 12:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got both front rotors machined over the past week, cleaned and inspected bearings, they are shot so ill pick those and seals up before I swap to the 8 lugs. Ball joints are tight as well as the tie rods. I think ill just do all of that later as it shows signs of wear.

Tue May 10, 2011 7:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Added a Tuffy Glove Box last night - what a solid piece of steel! Now I need to save up for the Tuffy under-seat storage. I actually think that will hold more than the glove box because of the HUGE Latch mechanism inside the glove box.

Fri May 13, 2011 9:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Started my disc swap, got the driver's side torn down to the knuckle. Discovered that both spindle lock nuts were hand tight. banghead

Sat May 14, 2011 12:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

installed rear seat and seatbelts...fixed gas leak...replaced alternator. Battery charging now.

Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.

Sat May 14, 2011 9:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not a damn thing as I have been working nights all weekend, but glad someone is being productive. JP

Sun May 15, 2011 8:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thought a about it.....way in Greeley, all alone....sniffle.

Sun May 15, 2011 8:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I worked on my column some more, I am going to order the pieces I need from Bronco Hut within the next week or so. Then yank it back apart and put it all together. I really want to get my column lever working like it should because I dont want to cut a big hole in the floor unless It becomes absolutely necessary.

I also saved a raggety top from an XJ last week we put a new one on a used model because the old one had a tear in the back window. I figured I would see what I need to do to make it fit and if it will fit. So I slid it up under my beat up hardtop and it looks like it will fit really nice on there. It is a bit short for the full length of my bed but I can figure something out there.

I put my rear shaft back in with the new lower yoke and made sure the front shaft fits, ill put it in once I get my shifter mechanisms working as they need to be. All ill need next if front 8 lug knuckles swapped and then finish getting the brakes working. Oh I need 4 8 lug 16" rims. I found a set of 4W parts I like, was hoping to find some older ford steel to get me buy for a while. Damn tax return still hasnt arrived banghead

Oh I saved the slider windows from the jeep also. might try to see if I can make something out of those also.

Sun May 15, 2011 9:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

finished installing seatbelts and took my 4 and 6 year old boys on their first ride...they were excited.

Also put the battery back in after charging overnight...seems that it was the alternator that was shot. We'll see in the morning when I go to leave for work.

Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.

Mon May 16, 2011 12:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon May 16, 2011 8:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon May 16, 2011 11:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You might be right. Sorry!

Mon May 16, 2011 12:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Its ok, I get those mixed up too.

I drove it around the shop parking lot today. icon biggin I have 2 gears forward and reverse laughing2 I feel baptized.

Mon May 16, 2011 6:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Finished the herculiner in the bed and sanded and spray painted the roll (light) bar that came in the bronco. I am going to the junk yard tomorrow and see if I can find some seats I like. JP

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 16, 2011 9:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 17, 2011 5:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ah that sux. I had the same issue with the backing....makes it a pain in the ass to cut it right. Is it way off by the kickers or only about 3/4"? Sorry man.

Tue May 17, 2011 6:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

MAC Tools guy ive known for years gave me 3 American white spoke 16" X 7" 8 lug rims. I just had to drive to Hayden to get them. Need to find 2 more and ill be set. Mounted my tires on two of them tonight after work. As soon as I have all of my brake parts I can swap my front knuckles to the 8 lug.

Does anyone on here by chance know what a Battery test is? and I don't mean a car battery. Its a test to see if you can follow directions. I have 11 days to take it for a job I really want.

Tue May 17, 2011 8:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Picked up 2 seats for the front today, 1998 honda accord seats.
they were dirty as crap so I cleaned and vacumed them good. I will need to do some southern engineering to get the ready to mount, but they should be in by tommorrow afternoon. I also bought some material to make my own headliner which will have to work till I gather the funds for a soft top. It has been a good day. JP

Tue May 17, 2011 8:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Picked up some lap belts and started to reinstall the rear seat. Seems as though we are quite often needing to carry more than just one passenger.

Shortly to have a cage so the boys can run around topless. Hopefully in time for the fun run.

Going to have to drill out the passenger side strike - door is to tight and very difficult to open. Tried like heck to loosen the screws last night and while I did not strip them yet, I can tell that I will be. Oh the joys of working on a 40 yr old rig. :)

Funny how much fun it is though. Spending time with the boys working on their cars.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Wed May 18, 2011 12:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Going to have to drill out the passenger side strike - door is to tight and very difficult to open. Tried like heck to loosen the screws last night and while I did not strip them yet, I can tell that I will be. Oh the joys of working on a 40 yr old rig. :)

Hoc,

Try an impact screwdriver before you ruin the screw, if you haven't already.

Wed May 18, 2011 1:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

And a penetrating oil...like PB blaster. Soak it overnight at least and spray it a few times.

Wed May 18, 2011 1:56 pm

Prayed that it didn't get beat up too bad sittin at my dads house in the hail today.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed May 18, 2011 4:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Replaced the rear brake hose (which is a PITA due to my exhaust routing) and shimmed up my gas tank against the body.

Sun May 22, 2011 7:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

replaced the fuel pump on the side of the road

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon May 23, 2011 7:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Swapped in the new leaf springs while moving my axle back 1". Finished welding my winch bumper together. And made a temporary heat shield to protect my suspension joint.

now - need leaf spring shims, a lengthened driveshaft and to install my shock after rewelding the shock mount.

J.D.

Mon May 23, 2011 7:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 2657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 89  Next