[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Checking in
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 3:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Checking in 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Checking in
We're living in weird times. How is everyone doing? Anyone need anything?

Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Checking in
I'm doing fine. We were going to take off in the motorhome to visit our son and his family in Cincinnati this month, but the campground canceled all reservations, so that's a no go. I'm using the time to pull the replacement cab for my 75 F250 apart to paint it before I swap it onto my truck. Also fixed a couple of small dings in my wife's Grand Cherokee and will paint that when the weather cooperates. Probably be early next week. Got projects and time so may as well get 'em done. I was wondering how everyone is doing too.
Mark.

Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Working on Henry. Next is the inner fenders and core support. Floors and kick panels are done. Almost out of parts.
Still looking for a job.

Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Lucky to be in an area without a lot of cases, but somewhat locked down.

Cut to part time at work (pay cut, but working more than I'm being paid for). Of course I'm a 'special' case for applying for unemployment because I've worked in 2 states in the last 18 months, so I can't file normally. I'm guessing it's going to take a long time for me to get my case reviewed. Otherwise things are going fine.

Trying to finish up the shop.

Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:17 pm

I'm alive. Spent 2 weeks at home for being sick and symptomatic. Was finally released to go back to work after being cleared by the dr. During my time off I did make some progress on the 77.

I am otherwise good. Still working and still busy at work.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Our family is doing well even if we are all stir crazy with cabin fever.

I have been working normal hours (long) and had to take a 10% “temporary” pay cut.

Just hoping everyone is taking this thing as seriously as we are. Several of my work friends were symptomatic after attending a large trade show in Vegas.

But tomorrow I get to work on the Bronco so things are “relatively” good here.

I hope everyone is well !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Things are going well here. I'm still able to work some. Everyone is in good health. We are taking it serious and keeping our distance. Megan does work in the ER at the hospital, she says her ER hasn't been overrun as of yet but she has tested people for COVID 19. Unfortunately they are getting some results coming back positive.

Bronco has been getting driven to work though on nice days.

Real Estate Agent at Lorin Properties Inc.
Zen@LorinProperties.com (303) 653-1541

Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We’re hanging in there. Shaunda is still working at Children’s Hospital, I’m working on my biz. Luckily we don’t do a lot of social things, so it hasn’t changed much for us. Working on the Bronco a bit too.

Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I was given a promotion at work with a generous salary to boot. My job is considered essential being as I am in the food industry. I feel blessed to be in the situation I am in with so many others being furloughed.

Beyond going to work and coming home without any entertainment in my life I'm doing great. My trip to Vietnam was postponed until late May with a possible delay then too.

Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We're good over here too. Fortunately, I'm still (remotely) working...and working a lot! 60-70 hours per week the last month. Architects are still deemed essential since we're ancillary to contruction. I, too, had to take a 10% pay cut. But we're doing fine health wise.

Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Surviving well over here outside the fact that homeschooling is just as bad, if not worse then I could have ever imagined and they haven't even gotten the full course load yet. Going to need more day-drinking.

I'm super busy as I quit my job last August to form a new company focusing on helping organizations change the way they communicate and collaborate. We promote Cloud systems that allow you to work anywhere and so between being a start-up and hustling just to bring in money to pay the bills, business has increased in the past week or two as organizations start to figure out that this is not just a two week break.

I'm also a co-founder of a conference that was slated to happen in August (this is our third year) and we're having to evaluate whether to post-pone til October or to just cancel 2020 altogether and shift our focus to 2021. It's a tough call at this point based on the lack of good data to predict what things will look like in 3-6 months.

Wish I had time to play with the Bronco but with the "Stay at Home" order and work, I just really have no where to go. I do need to start driving it more regularly so that by the time September rolls around I can take it to Super Celebration and not worry about it breaking down (also need to hope that we're allowed to have Super Cel in September).

In the meantime, I'm using my spare time to advise a buddy on how to get his going (swapping disc brakes and doing a power steering install).

Glad to see many of us doing good. Hopefully if anyone needs something, they will speak up and let the community help them out!

Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Doing good here. Working from home full time for several weeks now.

Kids are still doing okay and only driving me crazy here and there. Been working on stuff around the house, picking at the Bronco a little bit and spending evenings working on a new speaker box design for a pair of classic JBL speakers I have laying around.

I'm glad I got a R/C Bronco for Christmas. It's nice have a "crawler" I can use in the back yard while stuck at the house.

Take care everyone!

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hope you all are doing well! Rob - glad you are ok.

We are doing well, considering. We are getting the homeschool thing figured out pretty well and my job has been real slow. My wife's has too, so we have been able to tag team the schooling pretty well.
We sold our house and have moved temporarily onto Scott AFB, which isn't real fun. Losing the 2 acres for our kids to play on and dealing with most of of stuff packed up has been a challenge.

Bronco is being stored at a friends house for the duration. It must be protesting because front axle started leaking at the knuckle and then either the tranny or Atlas decided to blow a seal too. All my tools are waiting for me in Minot so I'll be lucky if I get those fixed this year. Depends on how quickly we settle into the next house...and if we move in June as scheduled.

Aside from that, we are all healthy and stable.

Praying this virus begins losing it's grip and things can return back to normal soon!

Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Howdy Folks - Its been a while since I have checked in.

Oregon, after a rather scary start, has managed the virus very well. With a little over 2100 cases and only 86 deaths thus far (like "only 86 deaths" is a good thing...) and none in Central Oregon where we live we are very fortunate. Yes - the shutdown is difficult. Business on the residential side is next to nill but the commercial side is still strong. Cheri is an RN in the NICU at the hospital and very busy, though most of the hospital is not because there has not been the expected demand do to COVID but they canceled all elective procedures for the duration anyway.

We are good. Everyone is healthy and we are managing some time to play with the projects or experience some of the things we moved here for (hunting, fishing, hiking...). Still, we are hoping that the situation is contained soon and the economy is reopened quickly - before too many people and businesses are financially devastated as a result.

We were supposed to head back to Denver in early April for a visit but that was canceled, obviously. Now hoping to visit in late May if things let loose. When we do get back to CO, would love to make a breakfast or something and say howdy to old friends. Take care folks, enjoy the time with the family and reach out to those who you don't get to talk to often enough. Just to say HI and check in.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]