[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Best wheel cleaner for Slotted Mags?
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 11:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Best wheel cleaner for Slotted Mags? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Best wheel cleaner for Slotted Mags?
I'm looking for something to clean up Cam's Mags, either a product you have used with good results or a process like sand and polish? and how to go about it without damaging the wheels!?
Thanks!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 18, 2020 7:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Best wheel cleaner for Slotted Mags?
First, I used an etching cleaner to clean them up like this: . Only use this stuff if the wheels DO NOT have a clear coat on them. I don't think yours do, but I would confirm that. They will come out looking white after this step.

Second, I used this polish: . I also bought the foam ball to attach to your drill. I ended up polishing each one two to three times each. They're not perfect, but look a lot better than when I got them.

Mon May 18, 2020 9:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Awesome info, Thanks TOOLMAN!
I was submarined by the internet when I googled how to clean mag wheels and I fell for the Oven Cleaner trick...DON'T DO IT!!!
I think I left it on a little too long (lucky I just did 1 wheel) but it almost looks like it burned the wheel in patchy here and there kinda way!

I'll give the Eagle 1 a shot followed by Mothers.
Sounds like just the ticket!!!

Tue May 19, 2020 7:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah, I didn't fall for that one. Make sure you follow the directions with the Eagle 1 stuff. It's an etching acid, so use gloves. And I think you can use a brush/toothbrush on heavily soiled areas.

The polish is pretty easy, just a lot of elbow grease. But your fingernails will come out of it all shiny, so that's a plus!

I think I was able to pick all that stuff up at Autozone.

Tue May 19, 2020 9:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed May 20, 2020 3:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]