[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - How to get donor Mustang off trailer
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 How to get donor Mustang off trailer 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post How to get donor Mustang off trailer
I found a great donor. 2019 Bullit. It is already on a trailer. All four wheels are trashed.
Any helpful ideas on how to get it off trailer and into the garage?
I also need recommendations for dollies to move it around the garage while I am dismantling it.Image

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: How to get donor Mustang off trailer
I love where this is headed.

Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Crested Butte

Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have had good luck with the Harbor Freight 1500lb Dollies.

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece-1 ... icle+dolly

Guessing it was put on the trailer with a fork lift. Does your trailer have ramps? If so I am sure you can find some way to get it down the ramps.

Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Those dolly's should make it much easier to move once it is on the slab.
His trailer has ramps. They are heavy duty ladder style.

Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd leave it on the trailer and cut away everything that isn't engine. If you take it off the trailer you'll need to find a way to get it back on when you're done.

Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good idea about leaving it on the trailer.
Unfortunately the trailer is not mine. It belongs to my friend that is giving the Mustang to me, and he needs it for work.
Also, it has a lot of cool salvageable parts. Trick Brembo calipers and a really nice stereo that will work in Dad's 2019 GT that has an entry level stereo.

Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've done different things in the past to get salvage vehicles on and off the trailer, I usually always try and make sure they roll. That looks like the best it could get is the rear rolling. Don't know if you have access to one but I have used the winch on my Bronco to pull a vehicle off my trailer and down the ramps. Maybe if you put something over the ramps to make it smooth it could be dragged off.

Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

how about hiring a tilt bed tow truck

drag it onto the tilt bed

have the tilt bed drop it where it needs to be

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Truck with a strap if both rears will still roll but probably mess up the trailer deck. Maybe some kind of skid plate (4’x8’ sheet of steel?) under front and then pull it off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well I think the obvious answer is Forklift...But where to get one!???

Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Backhoe from rental place. Put it where you want it.

Canon City, Co

Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Deciding on which BroncoImageImage

Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

BOTH

Canon City, Co

Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

After seeing another post similar to this, i have been thinking you could strap some type of a ski (old snowboard?) to each corner that doesnt roll and slide it off. Might work better than just dragging.

Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Finally got it in the garage.
*Harbor freight dolly helped a lot.
*Hooked a winch to the tongue of the trailer and a pulley to the ramps and used that to pull it off.
*2x12s on the ramps.
*My wife's explorer winter wheels fit on the rear axle.
Thanks for the ideas.Image

Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Glad you got it off the trailer and in the garage. Now the real work begins!

Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks!
That was last winters project.

Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Subscribed!!

Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good news. Charged the battery and it started instantly!!!

Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Big Win! Now to make it all talk from under the hood of one of those broncos!

Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Making so.e progress on getting things stripped off.ImageImageImage

Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Progress! I like it! There's a stripper joke in there somewhere, but I'm too tired to find it.

Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Decisions need to be made.
My son's 96 Bronco has an old and tired 302/5.0. 5 speed manual.
My 66 has an almost new 408 stroker, roller cam, AFR heads, Carburetor. 5 speed - NV3550/ Dana 20.

Option 1: Put the Coyote in Brock's Bronco.
Option 2: Put the Coyote in my Bronco and the 408 into my son's.
Option 3: Open for ideas.Image

Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's a tough call! It would be really sweet in either, but much more work to perform two motor swaps!

Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

#2 please and ThankYou

Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Almost done stripping the donor.ImageImage

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:45 pm