[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - My AX-15 build
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 My AX-15 build 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post My AX-15 build
Some pictures of rebuilding a transfercase and the trans and transfercase put together. Mocked up every thing to make sure every thing worked. Had to bend the twin stick shifters to clear the trans shifter. Ready for install, some day

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: My AX-15 build
I’ve heard of this upgrade a bunch, but I haven’t seen it in person. I’d be interested in you feedback on how it shifts, car or truck like, and how the gear ratios mesh w/ the rest of your drivetrain choices.

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So the AX-15 trans is in. I have only 20 miles on it so far. It shifts good, just will take some miles to get use to it. The shifter almost hits the dash bar. I might shorten it or heat and bend it some. The install went much like the WH video and instructions said. The biggest pain, is the front drive shaft. The new cross member covers it. I could only put the bolts in using the the old Hurst shifter hole in the trans tunnel. If I drop the trans again I will drop trans and transfer case has a unit and install as a unit. When I was much yonger I could bench press in a transfer case onto the stub shaft, hold it in place and start a bolt. Not now, I tried to bench in and rebroke a rib from last September, witch made finishing slow.
I hung a chain-fall hoist off the roll cage to hold things. It was a lot of help.
The overdrive is 700-800 RPM less than 4th gear.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Changed to a ball shifter and clears the dash bar.

Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That install looks clean! Nice work Bob! thumbs up

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hey Kinder, you asked about tha AX-15. I say it shifts like a truck trans. Around town it is fine ratio wise. I realy need to take it off road. I still want to bend the shift arm down and to the left some.....some day. I am running 4:11 grears.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks good! If you want bend that shift arm shoot me a message. That's about a 10 minute job.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks Justin but I made it cheery red and bent it. Took longer to put the shifter boot back on.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]