[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Info on Spokane WA area??
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Info on Spokane WA area?? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Info on Spokane WA area??
I hope I'm not putting the cart before the horse here, but prospects look good that we may be moving to the Spokane area summer of 22. From the research I have done, it looks like a really nice place. But I'd love some real world experience for anyone who has been there. I know how WA leans politically, but how is that area? Looks like it's a heavily outdoors friendly place, but any wheeling?

As a side note, that is only 14hrs from the Rubicon!

Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Info on Spokane WA area??
Having grown up in Spokane I think I can offer some insight. I left in 2006 but still go back on occasion to visit family and business trips.

Eastern WA is far different than western WA. In fact, eastern WA, north Idaho, and western MT have actually tried to create a new state on multiple occasions.

Not knowing where you would actually have to work (Fairchild AFB?) I would suggest you look at Spokane Valley, Liberty Lake, Newman Lake, Otis Orchards area which are east of Spokane before you get to Idaho. Spokane to CoeurDAlene Idaho is 30 minute drive. North Idaho would also be a great place to live.

Lots of opportunities for snow skiing, lake life, hunting and fishing, off-roading etc in the area.

If I could live anywhere in the world it would be Flathead Lake in NW MT near Missoula. But Spokane / N Idaho would make top 5.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great info!! Thanks Jeff. It is unknown yet whether we will be required to live on base or not, but I know we'd want to live within 20+/- min of the base. That probably puts us somewhere surrounding the base, or western Spokane. I'd much prefer to live on the outskirts or a small town.

We are excited at the potential to live back in a mountainess area.

Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm with Jeff Flate head lake is awesome.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:29 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll second what Rox said. Eastern WA is a whole different world from Western WA, and closer in culture to Wyoming or Idaho.

Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Appears that orders are going through to Fairchild. So Spokane it is! Likely for 2 years, unless the AF does something silly (which is a higher probability than I'd like).

That being said, any of you know a realtor who we could bounce some questions off of? I'm not sure 2 years is enough to make it worth our while to buy, and I don't know that we can afford anything either with our current "get out of debt" trajectory we are on.

I don't love the idea of living on base again either. Kids will likely attend a private school in town, so I'd love to find someplace 20 min to and from base. What is Medicine Lake or Cheney like?

Thanks!

Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We are here. We were looking for houses to buy since Jan, and couldn't find anything that fit our parameters and then the interest rates sky rocketed, so we're living on base.

Been exploring a bit. Enjoyed Coeur D'Alene on a Saturday, Took the inlaws to Leavenworth and it was pretty neat having lived in Germany before. We also explored Bayview and Sand Point. Both beautiful places.

Got to meet some of the fellas and got plugged in....now to find time to go play!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hi JM -

I just saw this thread. I do not get to log into the forum that often these days. I am now in Bend Oregon, we are practically neighbors. If you are ever in this neck of the woods, let me know! Also - you should look into the NW Bronco Roundup next month. northwestbroncoroundup.com is the web site and they have a facebook page as well. It is in Florence OR but will have a couple hundred broncos show up and play on the sand dunes there. We will be there.

Greg

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hey Greg! Glad to hear from you!! Yeah, look like we are a little over 6hrs apart.

The event looks cool! I think I remember reading about it in an issue of BD! But we have camping reservations that weekend. Thanks for the invite.

I attended a local bronco clubs event at Moses Lake Sand dunes. Was pretty fun, but very hot! Might try again in the winter, but I much prefer sand!
https://youtu.be/ExQcDqikhac

We are headed out for some rock crawling this weekend!

I'll reach out if we head that way. I know Crater Lake and the Redwoods are on my bucket list of items to do while stationed here.

Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]