[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Oil Crisis
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Oil Crisis 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Oil Crisis
There is plenty of oil here in the US - not sure why we buy elsewhere. There is a company is Massachusettes growing diesel fuel from a specialized organism that requires water, air, fertilizer. Very exciting stuff - oil may become obsolete.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Entourage, I hear you. Some of the work that is being done around algae-based bio fuels is really cool. There is a research project that is using the algae to scrub CO2 from the exhaust of a power plant (speeds up the growth of the algae), then processing the algae. Sunlight and a little fertilizer, and your car is practically solar powered.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

As long as "they" make it simple enough to power a Bronco you can count me in.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

At the moment your Bronco would have to be diesel powered, but hey, just some motivation to do that 4BT swap.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Oh I've been toying with the idea to go diesel, problem is one of the only viable swaps is the 4BT, until I get to drive a conversion myself and see how loud it actually is, how bad the vibration is, and how it handles I'm not willing to invest in it yet. I've watched countless videos on the swap, read all the CB.com swap threads and read all the magazine articles on it as well. I would love to do it, maybe that will be the direction w/my garage build...

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Kinder...................great idea.............let's go "willie nelson" on your build

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Is that where you install a strange, funny smelling blue haze in the interior?

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

partially correct...................he has some deal where he promotes bio-fuel derived from waste oil out of deep fat fryers

I think he has to smoke the wacky tabacky to overcome the smell of those old french fries

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The tech he is promoting is actually kinda neat. You can convert most older diesels to run on used fryer oil. If you're interested, check out www.greasecar.com. They sell the conversions.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

GDI is already out and perhaps soon youll have the best of both worlds (if you want to bother with converting to modern warfare). Will know how it works in due time as the quantity of GDI on the roads multiplies.

Ill stay to my simple carb systems and keep my tools at the shop. foshizzle

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I hear ya. I've been contemplating selling the mazda and getting a simpler DD, maybe an old Mustang. I think the coolest part of the eco-tech fuels is the ability to reduce dependence on foreign energy sources, and hopefully generate some more jobs here. I don't like that every time some middle eastern country freaks out the cost of gas goes up 10-20%. Seems like a bad idea we we depend so heavily on it.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]