[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - gonna install a 3g alternator after work...again
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 gonna install a 3g alternator after work...again 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post gonna install a 3g alternator after work...again
Last night I fixed my loose wires and installed new quick release battery clamps. (thanks Kirk they kick major donkey)
more likely to remove them when doing anything electrical in the future as it is so easy.
Anyhowput my 8 volt battery on the charger last night and this morning before work gave it a quick try.
no bueno.

rant the main reason I bought the $150 non JY 3g is so I wouldn't have to much worry about it being bad as it should be good, after all it is a reman.
It worked when new but failed with in about a month.
i guess the good part is that it has a lifetime warranty.
Swung by AutoZone had them test it. yep bad, gave em my phone number, signed the pad printed exchange receipt and out the door.

Kind of a pain but I guess had this been a JY unit I would have been out that money and time, where as this way it was just some time.
JY one probably wouldnt have failed but oh well, at least now I have new cables with QD's on them and should have a charging truck by nightfall.

Thanks again to those on the China Wall run who patiently waited and helped with my issues.
Hopefully somebody else can be "that guy" next time. icon biggin

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:00 pm
Post Re: gonna install a 3g alternator after work...again
The intermittent loose cable was probably the cause of the alt failure. A JY alt would have failed too.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

good point,hadn't thought of it that way.
Guessing it might be a good idea to make sure to double check the next day when i do late night work in the garage.
Might have caught that.
I know for sure the new cables are tight though, don't want that to happen again.
Good reason to never camp or wheel alone if you can help it.
I woulda been up a stinky creek minus the paddle had i been alone.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

it would take dire circumstances for me to have to walk out and leave a vehicle behind.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]