[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Custom Safari top
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Custom Safari top 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Custom Safari top
My plan is to make a custom safari top this summer. Actually, have my upholstery lady do it for me by my design. I am looking for ideas on how to best execute this. Already have the windshield riser, so I am just trying to figure out how best to attach this top in more than just the two straps off the back. I was thinking velcro around the roll cage bars just in front of the "B" pillar and some side to side.

What are other designs I should consider?

J.D.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Custom Safari top
My family cage has some strange angles an the back that will not work with normal bikini tops. I am thinking velcro as well. In reading the specs on the BC Bronco Can Back - it states that the Top Gun material is better than Sunbrella so I am going to use Top Gun on my Bikini. The Top Gun is 62" wide vs. 60" and available in more colors. I think 62" is perfect fit.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Huh, well being that bronco is white, I was just going to go with Black. Probably would in any case, although grey wouldn't retain the heat. I will have to look at BC's site and check that out.

I had not heard of the top gun stuff. Was just thinking she'd use the same marine material she's used for everything else she's done for me. Is the Top Gun stuff heavy or lighter weight?
$2 for a sample card might be worth a look:
http://www.yourautotrim.com/topgun.html

J.D.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I made my bikini top out of 60" Sunbrella because I liked the grey ans black patterned material. I attached it to my riser from my soft top, sewed welting in the front to slide in the track, hemmed the sides to fit the family cage and sewed two straps on the back. I did put padding on the top cage bars so the top would conform and fit tighter....
Good at 80 MPH minimal flap if any. I have seen the Top Gun material and it is also very nice. Keystone located at Missippi and Santa Fe has tons of material samples to look at including the Top Gun and also Aquamarine. If you want to see my top I can bring it to the CCB Breakfast.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]