[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Soft top vs Hard top
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Soft top vs Hard top 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Soft top vs Hard top
Hey guys, I have a Bestop Supertop that has been sitting upstairs for about 3 months now and I really wanna get it on. For those of you that have soft tops or know about them, are they pretty air tight and quiet? Are they pretty weather-resistant as well? I didn't wanna put mine on in the dead of winter because I didn't know if they were warm. Pretty soon I wanna get it off and powdercoat my cage and put my soft top on but I'm not sure if I wanna sell my hard top. My mom wants to keep it in-case something happens but would I ever wanna go back to it? Thank you.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Soft top vs Hard top
It really comes down to personal taste. I've got a soft top on mine and have been happy with it, but my EB isn't a daily driver so the fact that it is drafty isn't a big deal. I've driven it around in freezing temps and didn't have a problem, but I'm not sure I'd want to do it all the time. They aren't particularly quiet, but the hard tops aren't all that quiet either. The main advantage of the hard top re: sound is that they can be insulated to be quieter.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah I understand that. Mine is a daily driver and I think it is the cage that keeps most of the cold in anyway.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

In your hard top, do you have a head liner? That makes a huge difference in heat as well. I haven't had one for probably 12 years and this winter I cut up a cardboard box just to see what it would do when I stuck it up there. Right away I noticed a significant temperature difference in there and it also calmed the road noise a bit.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:55 am
I put the soft top on for the first time last summer. I planned to run it into the winter until it got too cold. My Bronco is driven daily unless something is broke. I never felt that it was significantly colder than the hard top and I never put the hard top back on. I even drove it to CA and back in the middle of winter (Dec-Jan) when the temps were below zero. It is quieter than the hard top in some respects. My hard top lift gate suffers from severe rattles on rough roads that I do not miss. The soft top can create some flapping noise at high speed but it isn't bad. There will be some air leaks around the doors but you can fix most of those with additional weatherstriping. If security was an issue or I parked it outside during snow season I would use the hard top.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I sold my hard top and just installed the Bestop. I couldn't be happier with it. Have you done he heater motor/cage upgrade yet? If not, I highly suggest it....about $40 in parts and you have about 3x the air blowing outta that sucker! Toasty!

Edit: Geeze, I just realized this was you Chandlar. You already have the heater upgrade!

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Always Listen to Yo Momma, but there is a reason Hard Tops are selling for so cheap.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Haha yeah I do Eric and love it. Do you like your Bestop more than the hard top? I mainly just wanna run one of them year round.

Entourage - that's another thing, I don't even know if my hard top would be worth selling.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Someone will probably take it off your hands. They aren't worth too much, but it'd help the bronco fund a little.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Bronco fund is the only fund these days...
Cozy is good, I can do cozy for sure. I'm kinda tired of the hard top.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]