[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - What an outstanding week!!!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 What an outstanding week!!! 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post What an outstanding week!!!
First of all - We got rid of that POS land Rover. Traded it and the Excursion in on a '11 Grand Cherokee. 2 for 1 deal that ends up saving me about $400 per month between payments and fuel. Wasnt planning to dump the scurge too, but did the math. It cost us .37 a mile (fuel, tires, maintence etc) to drive it. The rover was .31 per mile. This new GC will cost us just over .19 (payments are not included in this estimate). All based on current fuel expenses. When we did that math.... Well the Excursion is now on some used car lot for sale, hopefully the land rover is on its way to some JY so someone can use the 11 good parts on the thing.

THen Friday, I had Lasik! Wonderful result so far. Highly recomend the procedure to any who are wondering about it.

So now whom ever gave me that avitar - you can change it to "I really miss my Land Rover"

NOT!

TIme to get some work done. Waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy behind.

Enjoy the weather.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: What an outstanding week!!!
Congrats! Very exciting news on the new Jeep. That is a great SUV and the savings just makes sense.

Laser eye surgery is life changing. I was basically blind without glasses (20/400). I am going on my 10th year with it and still at 20/20.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:23 pm

I wanna get lasik pretty bad. Im tired of wearing glasses.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I work at a Ford, Jeep, dodge Dealershit, the new Grande cherokees are perty fancy. Congrats, I hope its not one of them SRT models with no spare. worthless

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I know how much you loved the land rover. Let me know if you need some grief counseling, I can hook you up with the folks at work. Seriously, congrats, I know how much you wanted to ditch it. Glad to hear the surgery went well!

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hmmm. That wasp thing would hurt. Not sure I get it about a land rover. Bronco, maybe.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i love my laser eye surgery. best thing i got from army so far

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What LR did you have? We have an LR3 and while it's had it's fair share of trouble, we like it. I was amazed at how well it did on the San Juan trails. Wish I had more pictures!

J.D.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We had an 04 disco. For me, the driving position was very cramped. Hard to get into and out of. It fit my wife just fine. We never had it off road at all, she has aways had 4WD suv's and not a single one has ever been on a 4 wheel drive trail. This is her second grand cherokee, and I dont even fool myself thinking that we will ever get it off road. She is a nurse, works nights and the biggest reason for the 4x4 is so she can get home when the roads are bad. That is it.

The disco was on the verge of having some serious issues, repairs totalling in the thousands, more than it was worth. So it is gone. For her, she has to have reliable comfortable vehicles. Me, I like old beat up rigs that I can thrash around and get muddy, that it will not bug me to get some colorado pinstripes on.

And the lasik, by far, the best thing I have ever done for myself. But then again, I do not spend a lot on me, I love to help others, will give till it hurts, but for me to do this, required a dr who needed some glass work and a trade out. He got new lazers and needed some glass removed and new doors installed. Cost me very little, just some time and materials I had in stock left over from another job. Total investment of about $1k. I wish I had done it 20 years ago when I first started considering getting it done. I can not tell you how wonderful it is to wake up, glance at the clock and know that I can roll over, snuggle up next to my wife and go back to sleep...

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cool. We bought an extended warranty with ours and I won't buy another unless I can get an affordable warranty. They are awesome when the work, but expensive to repair when they don't.
The '11 GC is a nice rig to be sure and has a lot of the bells and whistles the Lr3 has. Heck, I like the looks of a lot of the new SUV offerings. If I were in the market, I may have a hard time choosing.

J.D.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]