[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Am I the only one with this disease "modifitosous"
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Am I the only one with this disease "modifitosous" 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Am I the only one with this disease "modifitosous"
I can't seem to be able to leave well enough alone.

bought a compressor for airing up tires
Pep Boys Tsunami (MF1050) got it for $50 with a $10off rewards club.
anyhow,opened it up and was checking it out and notice the gauge says at
30psi it is +or- 3psi
60psi it is +or- 6psi
90psi it is +or- 9psi

the gauge is 0-150 in 5psi incriments.
tires and air mattress is realistically all that this might ever see.
and tires will be the highest pressure at 35-40 pounds for the bronco or maybe up to 60 psi on my Excursion
(doubt it, cause if I air that down I wont need to go that high as I wont have a heavy trailer load)

So I pick up a 0-60 gauge to swap out.
each "tic" is 2 psi so assumably it will be a little more accurate and easier to read.
well it doesnt fit as the new gauge is 1/8 pipe thread and the original islike some weird 8mm fine thread.

out comes the drill and tap.
pulled the head off the compressor to avoid getting metal inside.
worked it over and now it fits.

look at the air filter and I am less than pleased.
functional and good enough I am sure but this disease is hard to battle.
dig through my garage as I remember having a mini chrome filter of sorts with an opening that fits snug over 1/4 pipe threads.
K&N cotton type material.
screw in a 1/4 npt male coupler and it pushes snugly overy and now has some bling icon biggin

should be less likely to break as well and from blowing through it,it seems less restrictive. maybe not who knows

play with the QD on the air hose and it for some reason doesnt work smoothly.
try another compressor fitting and it is smooth.
unthread and try to install mine but whadya know the threads are weird on it too.
drill and tap for 1/4 npt and viola, like butta

sooo now I have about an hour into a little compressor that is made in china and disposable, probably worked just fine but I couldnt leave it alone.

Maybe I could polish the fins on the cylinder cover or paint it to match the Bronco..........

or hook it up and see if it works first but what fun is that.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Am I the only one with this disease "modifitosous"
OK, I'll give you $5 for it. JK, I bought a couple of these compressors just to use as disposables, one time use only and would feel I got my monies worth if they last longer! Funny story BTW. FYI, I was the one who ran you down in the Safeway parking lot in Parker wanting to know if you'd heard of CCB a while back!!!!

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I do remember, and sorry I was "short" I was sick and feelin like garbage.
now I have CCB stickers on the truck so noone has to chase me down again.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I hear you man. I can't leave anything alone. I always have to modify something. Either to make it look, work or run better. I suppose that's one of the reasons we drive 40 year old cars and dump big$$$$ into them. If we didn't have "Modifitiosous" we would be driving new cars that you didn't need to work on all the time.
I wouldn't change being that way though .... or maybe I would ... just a little? loco

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]