[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Classic Bronco Insurance Discussion
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Classic Bronco Insurance Discussion 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Classic Bronco Insurance Discussion
As it sits - it will not do very well off road. Especially what you guys have been doing the last couple weekend lol. Things can always change down the road. I liked the pics of your son's wearing cowboy hats.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

OK - so I have my quote from Sentry Insurance for my Bronco.

A $20,000.00 Stated Policy, $500.00 Deductable, Towing Inusrance, etc. is under $150.00 per year. The policy is written through American Collectors Insurance in NJ. I received a discount for moving my other 2 cars, renters insurance, and Credit Union Member. I needed to provide pictures of my Bronco and will need receipts to prove the value down the road if anything happens - but that is easy since I have been keeping all of them. I told her I would drive around 2,500 miles per year and all on-road driving. I will check with her later if I can drive off road and how much it will go up for 5,000 Miles. The rates may go up in the future (as Booger stated above), but this is half of the price quoted from Haggerty so I can change down the road.

My agent cut my renters isurance by 50% and my normal car insurance by about 20%. I told her about the Bronco Club and is happy to help anyone with the same insurance. She knows her stuff, CU discounts, came to my office to sign, set up auto-pay, and totally VIP'ed me throughout the whole process. I am a very, very happy customer.

My agent information:

Sentry Insurance
Cristy Rhorer
303-638-6686
Cristy.Rhorer@sentry.com

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got my renewal for 2012 with American Collector Cars. The price actually went down slightly for a Full Coverage Insurance with a stated valueof $20,000.00 and it was $124.60 for 12-Months. I have never had an insurance price go down before. Really happy with this company.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Chad Thanks! Been happy with Safeco, but they want to cancel my policy when I move to Germany because I won't be in physical possession of my bronco. Booo! So I called Cristy who looked at ACC for me and by golly, she got me a heck of a rate!
At Safeco i have a stated value policy for $13k and pay $97.60 every 6mo (mine went down too). Cristy got me right at $100/yr with ACC for the same coverage!! Actually probably even better because the policy is for a modified bronco that sees offroad use primarily. So i will be switching my insurance before we leave!

Saving $100/yr sounds like a good deal to me!

J.D.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i figured I just went though this on both of my broncos so I should update this thread a bit..

I shopped around for classic car insurance for the 76 since its more of a showy, fair weather truck and wanted to get the maximum coverage on it just in case. I finally decided on American Modern Insurance as I have heard good things about them and they seem pretty reasonable in their use policy. They automatically cover the truck up to $35,000 and will cover it above that amount but require an appraisal - which I will eventually do. I pay $240 a year. i had to provide photos from all sides but didn't' have to provide any receipts.

I have regular insurance through travelers insurance for the 69 bronco but I will be shopping around as they only cover up to about $8,000 from what i remember... and my rate sucks! i will definitely be trying one of the companies above to see what they have to offer.

BTW I was going to go with Hagerty but they were being a pain in the ass and seemed like they didn't want to deal with me, might have just been the person on the line but in the end I think I got a better policy with less hassle.

Fri May 24, 2013 8:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Do you remember where you heard that $8k number from? We've got all of our insurance through travelers, and I don't want to get shafted should be truck get totaled. I don't know that my rig is worth much more than 8 grand, but its going to keep getting more built.

Fri May 24, 2013 1:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i called and talked to travelers, no idea whom i spoke with. I dont remember the exact figure but it was single digit

Fri May 24, 2013 1:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

OK, thanks. I use a broker, so everything I've know I got secondhand from them. I'll have to call and look into it more.

Fri May 24, 2013 5:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I didn't shop around I had my 76 and my home with travelers so just added the 69 because it was easy. I will be moving it to another ins company here soon.

Sat May 25, 2013 7:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat May 25, 2013 9:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yup I talked to several ins companies and they only pay out to in most cases blue book.

Sat May 25, 2013 5:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ironically my bronco costs more to insure than both my 03' F250 or 02' 4Runner.

Sat May 25, 2013 7:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So I was wondering if anyone has any updated information on the best place to get insurance. After reading through this thread it looks as though there are a few options as follows:

- Some "collector car" insurance companies will give you stated value without an appraisal but it appears that some of them will deny a policy if the vehicle intends to do any offroading.
- Traditional companies (ie. American Family), require an appraisal and quite frankly if the Bronco is a "work in progress" the appraised value could change almost monthly...
- I tried to call the contact from Sentry and she appears to no longer work there or the phone number is outdated.

So here is my scenario... I have just recently gotten my pony road worthy again and need insurance. My only other vehicle is a company car that is insured by the company so I do not have a "daily driver" that I can insure with the same company that I will be insuring the Bronco. I plan to continually upgrade the Bronco and my current renters insurance is with American Family-- they are requiring an appraisal in order to insure the Bronco for more than Blue Book. I intend to take the Bronco off road as well as use it around town.

So-- does anyone have experience just insuring their Bronco with stated value with a company for a decent rate? If so, I would love contact info for the company or agent. Also-- I believe I only have 1 ticket in the last 3 years but I am not 100% sure and it seems like some of the more "classic car" insurance companies won't carry you if you have more than 1 ticket.

Thanks for the help-- hoping someone has already done the painful leg work of figuring this out.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Eck - The lady at Sentry represended several companies. When I setup with her, she got me in with American Collectors.

http://www.americancollectors.com/

Call them direct and see what you can get. Mine is a stated value. I don't recall discussing off-roading, but I knew mine was going in storage anyway.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We just run basic liability on ours. Part of the larger auto-home bundle plan. Not all that much and I figure anything that breaks or if he totals the rig, well that is on him.

If he wants more, he can get his own insurance policy.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So after a couple of days of searching, I found out a few things:

American Collectors would not insure me because I do not have personal auto insurance since my other daily driver is a company owned/insured vehicle (this was also the case for Grundy).

American Family was going to give me collectors insurance on the Bronco but I was going to have to insure one of my parents scooters as my primary driver in order to do it (I would have also needed to get an appraisal done for 200 bucks to get the value for that policy.)

I applied with Haggerty and after a few questions about my company vehicle and the mileage/usage, they have insured me. $310/year for 15k in agreed value. The other nice thing is that the value goes up 10% each 3 month period because I stated that it was still "under construction." I liked FrankCastle's statement that everywhere I go, there is the potential that I could meet up with a current OR future club member-- aka... club event!

So thankful to have insurance at a reasonable price!!

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks, foe the info, i may need to give hagerty a call.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

When I called Haggerty, they only offered an On Road Policy. That means if you are Off Road and have a claim/accident/etc. - no insurance. Further, there was a maximum number of miles per year. Ask a ton of questions before signing up.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My husband and I have American Collectors Ins. Granted there are restrictions. It might work for some.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I keep forgetting to put this up here, but I got a quote from American National for my Bronco a month or so ago. It was "Classic/Antique" coverage with a stated value of $10k, full coverage, 100/300 on bodily & uninsured, 100k on property & 5k on medical. For 6 months, the rate was $76.00. $152 for the year. I was going to switch all my insurance over to American National because the guy that is selling it is my company Aflac rep. Real nice guy and his son has an EB. I didn't end up going with him because the rates for my wife's Durango & our home insurance was higher. But if I was going to just insure my Bronco, I'd seriously consider him. There is no mileage restrictions, you can have a stated value up to $20k, I believe, without having to get an appraisal.

If you guys are interested, PM me and I will get you his info. I don't get a nickle, I'm not peddling for him, but he gave me a good price and asked if I would pass his info if people were interested.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Reading through this made me start some research.
One of the first sites I found after seeing the term "stated value" was this:

https://www.lelandwest.com/stated-value ... urance.cfm

Basically stated value insurance is the stated value or the "actual cash value" whichever is less.

Guess which is their default?

What you should get is "agreed value" insurance, where they issue insurance for an agreed amount.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:19 pm

I am using American Bankers Insurance out of Florida.

$500 Ded, $22,000 agreed value, Full Coverage, Bodily Injury $100k Limit, Unisured/Underinsured $100k Limit

For $455.42/Year.

Mileage Tier is 2,500...

As a side note, i have a 66 F100 at a $10k value with the same company for only $113/year.

Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I go through state farm and it costs 254.72 per year.
If it was to be stolen they would give us $45k agreed
$500 deductible
Full coverage all year
100k injury limit
3k mileage tier

No problems but also have 7 Toy's insured by them.

That was as of February 1st

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Are you allowed to wheel it?

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yes
That was part of them getting my signature on the paperwork

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So I have read thru this thread a couple of times. I'm curious as to anyone's recent experience with Grundy "Collector Vehicle" Insurance. They have provided me a quote for $184/year "agreed upon" value. In talking with the rep on the phone, if the vehicle were to be stolen (my biggest worry), they would write a check for this amount, no questions asked. This also includes $500 deductible comprehensive & collision.

I asked for the same thing from State Farm (auto, house, etc. now) and I'm kinda getting the run around.... they quoted $189/yr.

Any thoughts?

Fri May 24, 2019 9:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri May 24, 2019 10:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Chris,
So,, I ended up staying with State Farm as they have everything else we own... :)
We got an agreed upon value "Classic" policy for $184/year with $500 deductible for collision.
Hope I never need it, but better than simple liability coverage I had before.

Rick

My experiences with several of the Major non-classic/speciality insurance companies have been, they would not cover any of my Broncos for Agreed Upon values regardless of condition or use. I used American Collectors for a bunch of years but moved to Grundy after communications and agreed coverage amount became a difficult excercise. I looked at Hagerty but they wanted about $900/yr for the same agreed upon value that Grundy covered for less than half of that.

My Red 69 and Race bronco are both covered under a bundle with Travelers, I might move them in the future to agreed value but My usage of both of them might be a challenge.[/quote]

Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next