[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Bench Seat Position
It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 5:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Bench Seat Position 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Bench Seat Position
Would someone be kind enough to measure and post the mounting position of a factory installed rear bench seat and seat belt anchors? I recently acquired a seat and would like to position and mount it according to factory specs if possible.

My bronco came with a full top but also had a bulkhead mounted behind the front seats (which is really confusing to me). It did not come with a rear bench seat and it does not have the mounting holes pre-drilled. My assumption is that the seat and belt anchor attachment points are nuts welded to a backer plate and then welded to the underside of the bed. Just guessing at this point.

I'm sure I could get close enough by just eyeballing and looking at some pictures but thought I'd give this a shot first.

Any help, links, references, etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks!
-Andy
(EB noob) shrug

Lubr, 3.5"WH, 31x10.50 DuraTrac, 15x8 Slotts

Wed May 25, 2011 1:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Bench Seat Position
The nuts are in a retainer welded to the underside of the bed, which is what you are going to need to do with all of the seat belt nuts. You are also going to have to drop the tank to do this. But the measurements are as follows:

Seat Belt Holes, all are center to center.
The outside hole is 2.5" from wheel well to center on both sides, 15" from bed lip to center hole. This will put the hole on the first full ridge of the bed, again for both sides. The second, or inside, belt hole is 14" from center of outside hole to center. Same on pass side. There is a 7" center to center space between the two inside belt holes.
So the measurement is 15" from bed lip at the tailgate on all holes.
The measurements going across that 15" line are wheel well 2.5-14-7-14-2.5-wheel well.

Bench seat holes, all center to center
The seat mounting holes are 22.5" from the bed lip to the first hole (will put this in the 2nd full valley of the bed ridge/valley on both sides), 8" inboard from the wheel well. The front holes are roughly 9.5" in front of the rear holes, I couldn't get a solid measurement, but it looks pretty damn close to that.

I will see if I can do a sketch and post it up in a little bit.

Wed May 25, 2011 2:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

68Bronc - We had a 68 growing up, it had no rear seat/mounts and had the bulkhead too. What does the Bronco look like?

Wed May 25, 2011 9:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

sbolt19 - This is awsome information. Thanks so much for the quick response. This club is great! Thanks for making me feel 'right at home'.

Thu May 26, 2011 11:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

BFD305 - I don't have any pictures yet but they're on the way. It's original color is Rangoon Red (now kinda orange'ish) and the front seats are parchment. Parchment vinyl flooring up front and a black rubber mat in back. The previous owner built an angle-iron bench seat that he bolted to the fender wells. It has a 289 and 3 on the tree. It also has chrome bumpers and bumberetts, chrome grille trim, chrome on the window frames, and a horn ring (vs. just a button). It is essentially stock with very little redneck engineering/hacking. The DSO is San Jose, CA and I'm told that it was used by a land survey company for the first two years if its life, then came to CO. The plan is to restore it to original with a few upgrades (a/c, p/s, p/b). I'll get some pictures up soon.

-Andy

As an aside, does anyone know what makes an EB a 'Sport' vs. not? I can't find anything difinitive.

Thu May 26, 2011 11:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I ordered a build sheet from Ford and hoping that is tells me if my Bronco is a Ranger Package. That may help answer your Sport question. I should get my Ford Build Sheet in about 4 more weeks. The Punisher would be able to tell ya based on year and specs.

I think my Bronco was Ragoon Red and it is a Maroon Metallic. I am hoping that the color is on the build sheet as well.

Thu May 26, 2011 11:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]