[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Hello from new member.
It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 5:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Hello from new member. 

Post Hello from new member.
So far this is a VERY interesting forum. I found it looking for an NP435 to Dana 20 adapter, which I still need. This looks like a great group to be a part of. I am also a member of Steel Soldiers site for military vehicle owners.

I believe that Entourage and I might be neighbors; I live in Reunion on the north side near the main park.

About me:
I am a Colorado Native (grandfather came here in a covered wagon and homesteaded in the West Muddy high country near Paonia, CO.

I have a '69 Bronco that I have owned since '86. I consider it to be the most capable 4x4 I have ever owned or operated. Until recently it has been pretty much original; now has minor rust. I believe that I am the 3rd owner. It is on its 4th engine currently a 289 with a bad thrust bearing. It is on jack stands right now for a clutch replacement.

I started a 4.11 to 3.50/3.54 ratio conversion 2 years ago by changing the rear differential to 3.50 and stowing the front drive shaft. Now I am swapping out the Dana 30 for a Dana 44 w/3.54 and am converting the front drums to disk. Anybody need recently rebuilt drum assemblies?

I am considering a conversion from the original 3-on-the-tree to an NP435 if I can find an adapter housing is time that I can afford. I have 2 NP435s, one from a 4x4 F100 and one from a 2x4 F100. The output shafts are identical and the Tcase shaft fits the splines.

Other interests, I own a '66 Army 6x6 deuce with a shop van box on the back (M109A3). If 4x4 is good, 6x6 has got to be better! I also own an MKT (Mobile Kitchen Trailer) that can feed 150 people at a time. Any Army vets that served in the bush overseas will probably know exactly what one looks like.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Hello from new member.
Welcome! This is truly a great group. Try to make it to the Breakfast on the 18th this month and meet some of us. Glad to have you aboard. icon biggin

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are in Reunion, there are 4 or 5 members with in a couple miles! I would love to stop by sometime and check out your Bronco. Happy you found us!

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I love the old Dueces, but love the 5 tons much more. Was very sad to see the military go to the LMTV as a replacement. My last trip to the sandbox I had a 5 ton at my disposal and after painting it flat black with flames off the front I used it as a "get around the base" vehicle. Drew a lot of raised eyebrows!

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

For your adapter, I'd check this guy out. He is selling Bronco parts and lists both a D20 and an NP435. Chances are there may be an adapter in that pile too.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Tight quarters, but work is progressing!

I also need a new drag link; this one is getting dangerous.

I just edited and added a pic' of the deuce in front of my house. Within 2 hr. of driving it in from Ft. Riley, KS a neighbor had called the HOA, the police, and the zoning commission to complain. Don't ya just love that kind of neighbor?

I drove solo to Ft. Riley and towed the Bronco back.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome to the club! You got some nice rigs there!

Typically any adapter you find will be for the 2x4 NP435. Hope you find one! That granny gear is amazing!

HOA story is funny. Seems like he wanted you to park that duece in his yard....??

J.D.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome to the club. Great group with no shortage of very capable hands who are always more than willing to jump in and help with your projects.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome to this great group of guys and gals. Try to make the breakfast in a few weeks and see how great of group this is.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome! The deuce is a really cool vehicle and that one looks to be in good shape. I'd be tempted to park it in front of your neighbor's house.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome:). Great story and very cool vehicles. What exactly do you do with the military vehicles?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:45 am

I bought the deuce to be my backwoods camper. I've owned it since 2007, but economic pressures (employment shortage) has kept it in storage. There are 2 barriers right now, the $1000 it will take to register it for 5 years and a difficulty with the fuel injection pump. If there is an old deuce mechanic (60’s era) I could use some help there; maybe just someone who knows something about diesels.

I won the bid for it on June 25, ’07 and found out on June 26 that I was being laid off. I considered reneging on the bid but decided to go ahead with the purchase. I bid a scrap metal price on it, not knowing if it even had an engine. I was planning to have it trucked home, but with no job, that would cost too much. It is 11’ tall and would require a low-boy trailer because of the 13’ 6” clearance requirement for interstate bridges.

It took until Sept. to get the EUC (End User’s Certificate) on it. When I got ready to pick it up, I called and asked the woman who answered if it had an engine. She was very indignant and said that if it didn’t she would have photographed that. I asked her if it ran. She said to call her back in 1 hr. and she’d let me know. I did, it didn’t start. I figured my son and I would go out and see if we could get it running, never mind that neither of us had ever even touched a diesel. Two days before we were to leave, he got a new job and couldn’t go, so I had a friend weld up a tow bar with a pintle eye so that I could tow the Bronco back.

It wouldn’t start because of a bad battery connection. I fixed that and it worked; I made it home with only minor issues, the worst being a sudden loss of brakes in Manhattan, KS rush hour traffic. I can still see the look on the guy’s face who was driving a brand new green GMC pickup!

My son is trying to put together a paintball business to put on games in the National Forest and when the kitchen trailer came up for auction, we thought that it would be a cool addition to our collection. It’s like a giant pop-up trailer. I will be pulling it out of its storage spot to change some canvas on it sometime this next week, if anyone wants to see it opened up.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like the fact your picture shows both a Bronco and an open tool box much like every one of our Broncos too. Once and a while we have the satisfaction of driving them, probably just like you. Welcome to the club!!!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome to CCB, I was a 63B and that means I was trained to work on them Deuces and the 5 tons and humvees and cucv etc etc etc. Maybe one day I can take a look at it and see what I think for you. they had a lot of neat systems in the military including multi fuel systems and various diagnotsic procedures. but it is still fairly simple, I am just rusty as it has been over 20 years since ive seen one.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]