[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Chit chat..about mustangs.
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2024 5:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Chit chat..about mustangs. 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Chit chat..about mustangs.
So lately i have been thinking about mustangs, actually thats a lie i have been thinkins about mustangs since i was three years old but anyhow after i get out of college and actually have some cash im thinking about buying one and makin it real nice, has anyone here ever worked on a mustang and bronco? what are your experiences with them, etc.

i know this is a bronco forum but its chit chat and semi relevant. thanks yall.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:05 pm

Post Re: Chit chat..about mustangs.
What year mustang? I currently own a 04 cobra. Had a 66 coupe I was working on for a number of years. My dad has an 06 gt.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have a 67 Mustang coupe I bought in 92 when I was in the ARMY, 350 bucks, Drove it from Washington state to Dallas Tx then Back to Denver and was my Daily driver until 98.

I also owned another 67 just like it but had a 200ci 6 banger, then a 65 K code, and a 73 Grande. I owned a few Fox body stangs and worked on many many many more of them.
I traded my 69 S code coupe for my 69 Bronco.

The best thing about mustangs today is the parts availability is more readily available than ever. You can do whatever you want to any mustang ever built.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

anywhere from 67-70 would be prefered, post 2005 would be good too. i love mustangs but im concerned that theyll be difficult to get ahold of when i get out of college in 4 yrs lol. but i guess anything worth having is worth shelling out cash for. i mean i have a build list i compiled awhile back but i want to make a 10 second car. itd be na probably, maybe a paxton super charger. itd be a total retro upgrade. all the looks of an old stang with power of newer ones and a bigger engine too. prob keep the carbs though. if you want i an post up what i was thinking for the build.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've had two mustangs 98 gt convertible and a 96 gt with a vortex super charger on 18 cobra rims.It depends what you are going to do with it.My last one the 96 the engine is not good they got better in 98.by the time i was done i had a cobra.If i ever got one it would be a cobra.people who get a v6 mustang wish they had got the gt and guys who have the gt wish they had a cobra.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

id never buy any muscle car with a v6 even if my life depended on it, its insulting lol. yeah ive heard that, i was thinking about just getting an old one and making it behave like a cobra, my dad was going to buy a new gt 500 a year ago and the dealership quoted him 30 grand higher than the ford stock price so he said forget about it, but the new shelby gt 500s run 11 second quarter miles stock, idk about the new gt 350 but i know the new gt 350 is 15 grand more expensive than the gt 500 and does 0-60 in 3.2 or 3.4 seconds. point is cobras are beast.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We have both- my 17 yr old has the 66 mustang, it is a 6 cyl car and that is just fine for now. Cars are plenty available and considering the changes you are wanting to make, do not worry in the least about the fact that you are getting a 6 cyl car. You are going to be changing suspension, steering and brakes anyway so all the components that differ from one to the other are going to be all new and upgraded.

Classic mustangs are pretty easy to work on, parts are super easy to come by, and no matter what you want to do with it, someone has done it already and written it up somewhere.

I will say this, the mustang guys here in town are a much different group than this, they do not jump in and help when someone needs it, for the most part they do not work on their own cars, instead shipping them to shops and paying for it. They do not have near the participation that this group does.

That is why we recruited help form this group when we had transmisison issues last week. And this group stepped up big time.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've been working with my dad on a 66 Fastback for several years now. It is a really slow go, especially after my 2 boys were born. I would love to work on it more, but between my old man's schedule & mine, there doesn't seem to be any time.

And like Hockeydad said, the 'Stang crowd isn't nearly as forgiving or helpful as this crowd is. I've talked to a couple of guys who looked at me like I had 3 eyes and an extra pair of hands when I told them I was doing most of the work.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Heck I wish I had an extra pair of hands. That would be really useful when working on the truck. The third eye might be as well. I've been kicking around picking up something like a fox or fox-4 body mustang to use as a DD. I'd like to get back into something that is rear wheel drive and figure I'm getting pretty familiar with the 302. It'd be nice to have a car I can work on easily again.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

To this day I regret selling my 89 GT. Toted with the idea of picking up another one for a while now but I've got far too many projects demanding a piece of my little time available as is.

Maybe when I retire in a few years I can start to expand the collection.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We have a 66 GT for sale where I work. It had sat for years but I was able to get it running after a little tinkering. It would run for long periods but with some surging in the fuel supply. Removed inline filter and blew the lines...still the same. Not sure what they're asking for it, but you can check it out at www.pikespeakmotors.com if your interested.

Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I had a 08 GT500 that was modified around 650 at the flywheel, at sea level or around 500 rwhp here in Colorado. I sold it for my Raptor but I still have a 68 GT350 that my parents brought me home from the hospital in. I am currently building an EFI 427 dart, I am putting 17" Shelby wheels under it and updating it for a pro-touring type of use. I have already done the front suspension in Global West components. My goal is to update it to semi-modern standards without doing anything that I could not back out and restore to stock if for some reason I can not keep this car in the family for ever. I will be living in it as my daily driver before I let that happen though...

I miss the GT500 it was fast as hell, started every time, ice cold AC, 21 mpg on the highway and drove at 100 smother than the old car at 30. That being said nothing garners the attention of older vehicles.
Dennis

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]