[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Paint advice
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 3:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Paint advice 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Paint advice
I'm looking for suggestions on paint prep in the springs. Called around a few places and was qouted between $5K - $11K for prep/paint. I only paid $2800 for the Bronco and don't want it to be a show truck, just look respectable.

Any recomendations in the area?

I am thinking about preping myself and taking to Maco to save some cash.

Thanks,
John

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Paint advice
I did all my own body work then took it to Cope Customs, in Littleton, for paint, clear coat, and bake. Brian is amazing. I one of a few that have used him and have nothing but good to say about his quality, pricing, workmanship, finished product, service, communication, bid price, and turn-around time. I will take all of my stuff to Brian.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Do the prep yourself. It is easy and you won't get taken to the cleaners if someone else has to do it.

What ever you do, don't use bondo if you do fill or float any waves in the body. It's crap and it will shrink & crack out. The stuff that I have used in the past is called Rage, good chit mengh. Super easy to work with and is 10x as good as bondo could ever hope to be.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Whats your budget?? A lot of the cost could be in the paint itself. PM me I'll shoot it for you, I will be back from Farmington the end of July

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm replacing the passenger door post/kick panel this weekend and then will start the prep.

My father used to do body work when I was a kid so I've always hated the sanding, but for that kind of savings, I will do it myself.

thanks for the offer on paint, will shoot you a PM.

John

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

sbolt is right about the quality of filler. Bondo is olden days sold at the chain stores. Anything by Evercoat is top of the line Rage, Tigertail, Ever Glaze, etc. I used Rage Extreme and Glaze Coat - LOVE the smell.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What is the glaze coat used for? Applied after Rage extreme sanded down?

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Right. Glazing Is the final step filler. Goes on really smooth filling fine sandpaper scratches and imperfections.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]