[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - We need a "You know what sux?" thread....
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 We need a "You know what sux?" thread.... 

Post Re: We need a "You know what sux?" thread....
I should have left it all alone. But instead I wanted to make it right. Ever since I did the explorer swap I've had a small engine vibration. So I pulled the balancer last weekend and had it "matched" to the original. Well now it shakes even worse. So out comes the motor now so I can have the whole bottom end redone. I'm getting tired of this thing.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun May 14, 2017 12:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun May 14, 2017 8:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon May 15, 2017 4:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I hope you find the issue Rob! Sorry to hear it's worse!

Mon May 15, 2017 8:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That totally sucks!

Mon May 15, 2017 8:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon May 15, 2017 10:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Driving three hours to your first mid-west outing to have your son lock your truck keys, lunch, cell phone and water in the truck at the entrance to the park. Unload bronco anyway to have it die 3 miles into the trail. Drag it back to the truck. After a second call to Roadside assistance at the end of the day, they finally come and unlock the truck so you can drag your junk home three more hours.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

THAT SUX!

Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

that sux

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Having your air compressor just go "hummmm" when you flip it on, right after you mixed a full cup of epoxy primer and it's ready to spray!

Thanks to YouTube, I was able to figure out it was just the contacts. Was going to be pretty irritated cause my little mule of a 60's compressor does everything I need and doesn't take up much space and I know if I replace it, I will drop the coin on a 2-stage.

A couple of hours later and epoxy was sprayed.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That went from sux to hell yah quickly! Making progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:56 pm

Eck can you take your bad luck back. Sitting on the side of the road with a knocking engine again. Sounds like valve train again.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:20 pm

Yea I'm waiting for a tow. On highway 128 and hwy 93.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:33 pm

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A "Sucks" story with a happy, but expensive ending.

Friday, I flew back to Colorado to pick up my F250 & trailer my 74 to my new home in Nevada. Saturday morning I left Gunnison, on schedule. I started smelling something, then a few miles past Delta, CO I realized the motor would rev freely when I was on the gas, with the RPMs past 2000. I pulled over, pop'd the hood and realized everything was covered in fuel. Got towed to Grand Junction, and by some miracle found a diesel shop that worked weekends, at regular rates. Sunday morning, their Ford/7.3 guy was scheduled to work and they had a free spot on their schedule. Turns out a steel fuel line that runs across the top of the motor, under the turbo, cracked (a fairly common 7.3 issue). It dumped about 1/4 tank of fuel in about 10 minutes of driving, and soaked the clutch. When the turbo spooled up, at about 2k rpm, it would spin the motor on the soaked clutch. They attempted to clean the clutch, but it wouldn't clean. So they installed a new clutch and had me on the road by about 3pm Sunday. Got home about 4:30 Monday morning, even got to work at 8am.

So if you are ever in Grand Junction, and need diesel work done, I highly recommend High Horsepower Diesel. They were great to deal with, even gave me one of their service trucks to drive around until they finished my truck.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's a rough one!! I hate issues like that where you may not be able to install the upgraded parts you would have liked to because you are forced to install what is available... That being said, and you went to a diesel shop, what clutch did they install?

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I was just looking for the receipt this morning. I can't seem to find it. It actually was an upgraded ceramic clutch & new fly wheel. The pedal is super light now. I'm not really upgrading much on this truck, as far as performance. Just want a reliable rig. The labor and down time was the killer. I guess the good thing is I shouldn't need a new clutch, probably for the life of the truck.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Found the receipt. Luk clutch & flywheel kit, their part number doesn't google.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, that's a good brand at least! I was hoping it was a South Bend, but you shouldn't have any trouble with the Luk, especially considering your plans not to up the power.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah, I think you are right. Wish they had put a new throw out bearing in, just thought about that when I googled the clutch. Both the diesel guy in Gunnison and this shop noted how well the truck runs, and how strong the motor is. So that is good news. The guy in GJ asked if it was chipped. It has new Full Force injectors, and just the Flashpaq 'Tow Safe' tune in it. He was surprised that it didn't have a real tune.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Builder delivers all the materials but says we gotta wait 10 more days to get our new building. Image

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post We need a "You know what sux?" thread....
When some chick who just moved here from Maine runs a stop sign. Lucky nobody was hurt and I had hydro boost. Hit her at about 10 mph.

Hoping core support is not bent. Looks Ike fender, bumper and maybe grill slightly. Will know more later. Took the hit on drivers side bumper only.

Guess that’s what I get for driving in the city.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Glad nobody got hurt but man that’s a bummer!! A club favorite will need a little more TLC. But- they aren’t any fun if you don’t get to drive them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:55 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

That sucks! But it could have been so much worse. Glad you're ok and the damage minimal.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That really does suck but that beauty isn’t meant to be a garage queen

Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Dang it!! Glad everyone was ok. Check the squareness of the frame as well. But I doubt that at 10mph you'd have damaged anything other than what you say.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next