[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - We need a "You know what sux?" thread....
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 We need a "You know what sux?" thread.... 

Post Re: We need a "You know what sux?" thread....
Dammit!!! that's a big bummer. Glad it wasn't worse.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:26 am

That's the ultimate SUX ! sorry to hear that

Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yes, that’s not cool, also glad it was slow speed.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This happened a few years ago at work. And my boss has retired and moved to Cal.

My boss came up after his lunch to tell me he backed into my car (not the bronco).
He had more damage to his truck bumper than the scratch and dent on my civic.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

When you have been searching for what seems like forever for the right half cab top and you find one right here in your back yard (ok - 20 min away).

half cab.jpg

You load up and rush right over but the seller sends his teenage son to meet you instead of showing up himself. He wants waaaaayyy to much so you make an offer and tell the young man to have his dad call if he changes his mind. 30 min later, while you are eating lunch with the wife at the Tasty Treet, he sends a text and you agree to a price. You tell him you will be back there in 30 minutes to pick it up.

He says his son has left it will have to be tomorrow (Monday). Fine, you agree to be there at 3:30 with cash. You have a deal, and you think you are now the proud owner of a rusty, dented up half cab that will be perfect for your plans...

Then at 10:45 monday morning, while you are in a meeting you get a text....
texts.jpg

Guy couldn't even wait an hour for a reply before he sold it out from underneath me.

Guess this just proves that there are flakes all over craigslist, both selling and buying.

The hunt continues....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:54 am

What a D-Bag, especially since you actually came out to see it and made a deal. Hope his son doesn't follow in his footsteps.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

thats terrible, but not surprised. You will find a better one for a better price!

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's crappy of them.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Craigslist people...

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ive put a few things up and luckily haven't been screwed over..

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:18 am

So here I am trying to install my new seats today. And what do you know. They don't fit with the factory lap belts. Well good thing I have already ordered shoulder belts. So I get those out and start to install those. As I'm drilling the cage tube the drill bit I'm using explodes(literally) into a bunch of pieces. It goes flying. Luckily I was not on the receiving end of the shrapnel. But my passenger door window was. A small piece of the drill flew across the bronco shattering the window. It all happened so fast.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:46 pm

Don't know how it didn't fall apart till later

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That’s not cool, super happy you didn’t get bloody.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Dang Rob that do suck! Hope you source a replacement.

Reminds me of when I was a kid (10 or 11??) and my mom and I were playing catch outside. I threw a pop-fly to her and she reached across the back window of our sedan as far as she could and it was not to be. The ball just missed her glove and made a perfect baseball sized hole in the glass, which also shattered into a million pieces. It wasn't until hours later while at the dinner table, we see it fall entirely into the car. What a mess!

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I might have a window for you if your in need. Let me know, I will grab it from storage.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:33 pm

That does sux! that drill bit just hit it perfect. Have you ever tried busting a glass out at a junk yard its not that easy.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not Bronco related
but
Our 50 year old septic and leach field has failed, the leach field pipes have collapsed

Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ordered a new intake manifold June 3rd. Removed the old manifold and prepped the engine. Get a notice manifold won't ship until June 20th. June 20th rolls around, get another notice backordered another month. July 20th rolls around, get notice again, backordered another month. Now scheduled to ship August 31st.

Meanwhile my diesel truck is in desperate need of new injectors and HPOP after 20+ years and 300K miles of service. I needed to get the Bronco back on the road so I had something to drive while fixing the diesel. Finally gave up on that plan and bit the bullet. Decided to super-prepare and knock the whole thing out in one weekend. I have been wrenching like a mad man this weekend trying to get it back together so I can go to work Monday. Thanks to multiple screwups on the sellers part, I had to wrench this weekend, so I missed our annual tradition of spending the day at the county fair.

In the meantime, I have missed all of camping season with the kids and I wasn't able to take the Bronco to the Longmont cruise night. (I hate you Edelbrock.) Wife's car was totalled in May (not her fault) We bought an Explorer and owned it all of 3 wks before it received $4500 worth of hail damage. (And the house needs a new roof too now)

Sorry for ranting, but this has not been a stellar summer.

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Dang digger! Hope it gets better from here. I had a similar summer when a drunk driver took out my bronco early one summer. Lost out on wheelin all summer.

Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:52 am

whoops. guess .250wall 2in DOM tears like paper.....

Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's crazy.

Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is what my lower links are. Did you split the tube to slid over radius arm brackets?

Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:57 am

Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's crazy! Glad you got it home anyway!

Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:26 am

Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Maybe the welding heat made the tube brittle?

Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well my browser just crashed after writing a ton. Appropriate for this thread.

Question on the radius arms: Do you know exactly what material grade and stress condition the tubing was? The most commonly available is 1020 SRA-DOM. (10=low alloy steel, 20=.20% carbon, SRA=stressed relieved)

It definitely broke at a stress concentration, so fatigue is likely to blame, but given the strength of that tubing and the fact I've been running the same setup for 11+ years, a defect in the material or process likely initiated the failure.

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It happens:

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/show ... (Lars-Bars)-fatigue-failure

Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

In looking at the failure, I'm wondering if tapering and widening the top and bottom of the i-beam past the point of the notch would do a better job of spreading the load.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:00 pm

I'd just plate them at that point. I will likely order a set of duff's for the 74. Keep these lars bars for the 77 and just build 1 new one.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next