[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - We need a "You know what sux?" thread....
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
 We need a "You know what sux?" thread.... 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: We need a "You know what sux?" thread....

Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's a great welder as well. If you ever think you might want to do TIG, the Tweco Fabricator 211i is really nice. I'd also take a very serious look at the new inverter units from Lincoln. I've got the Tweaco 211i and am very happy with it-also an inverter setup. The inverter design uses less power and gives much tighter control of the arc. I used one of the Miller 211's during a couple of classes I took and like the Tweaco better. For the money, I'd probably go with one of the inverter Lincolns now.

Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am a huge fan of Miller, Lincoln and Hobart. Can't go wrong with any of those. I did pick up an Eastwood AC/DC TIG welder a couple of months ago though and I am highly impressed with it. Especially for the money. I have a Lincoln 110v MIG and a huge Hobart Ironman 250 MIG that I love as well but the Eastwood TIG seems well built and they stand behind it with a great warranty. I know Eastwood's MIG units review very well everywhere but I do not have experience with them. Since you're a home hobbiest and not a production facility it should serve the purpose just fine and may be a way to save a little money. I've seen Justin's Tweco and the welds he has laid with it and it seems to be a nice welder as well. The inverter units are nice because they are so much more efficient and small. I've got an inverter based plasma cutter that works really well and is tiny.

Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Getting to those set screws that hold the shift forks to the rails in the Dana 20. No fun to get in or out...

Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

When your sons truck breaks down west of Eagle because last weekend when he replaced the u-joints, spending another 18$ on a carrier bearing "is not gonna happen"

Hmmmmm, wanna bet?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It sucks when you get tar on the exhaust but after looking its the finder flare that was melted on the exhaust not tar. The clamp broke and pushed the tail pipe up to the bottom of the body/flare.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Was to be a relaxing weekend camping with wife and our 2 dogs. 40 miles from home trailer tire blew, ok no problem but , good thing I carry a 4 way lug wrench. Trailer had 3 different sized lug nuts. Some with the stainless steel caps. Change tire and hope not to have another flat. Get to camp ground, I am not good at backing the 24 ft trailer. Could not back into camping spot, go back to highway turn around pull into camping spot hoping to back out with little damage. Try to open storage door to get leveling boards... brake key off in lock use screw driver as master key. Set up camp, wife forgot beer. We take beef bones for the dog to keep them busy and not barking at the other people. Not the kind of bone we buy but we felt they would be ok. My lab is a power chewer, he broke his bone and ate most of it in less than 5 min. He can not keep his meals down. To the vet office we go. His stomach if packed with the chunks of bone. He had to have surgery to remove the bone chunks. He will be ok. $3.00 bone = 3000.00 vet bill. Even at 12 years old he will be ok

Sad news
Max had to be put to sleep due to a tumor on his heart.

Last edited by BOBS 2 68S on Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

When it rains, it pours! Sorry man!

Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Damn!

Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thread closed. You win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It sucks that on Tuesday evening, my girlfriend's dog had to have an emergency spleen removal. Post surgery prognosis is grim, but test results should be back next week. We brought Charlie home yesterday at noon, by 6pm my mastiff had blown his shoulder out.

Looks like we are making boat payments for our vets this month.

Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Never figured I'd recommend pet insurance, but here's two folks that might have benefited.

Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Pulling front axles for u-joint replacement. Everything went great, except I spent a ton of time trying to work out the 6 inch piece of brake line between the steering knuckle and the drum and eventually had to cut it. Still can't get the fitting off the knuckle. It's amazing, the smallest things cause the biggest headache.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

LOL, thought I was the only one to get my ass kicked by stripped brake line nuts!!!

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Visegrips!

Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

After 50 years it's time to replace those hoses and steel lines anyway. They probably never been apart.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cracking a bicuspid in half.

Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No one's cooking is to blame. It was an almond in ice cream.

I now have a single, old school, brace on that tooth. The brace band is being used to hold the 2 halves together (so I can eat, and sleep, and stuff) until Friday when I can go to Montrose & have the tooth extracted and the first part of an implant installed. Joy.

The dentist struggled to get the band around my (apparently freakishly large) bicuspid. He had to grind a little off the band, wedge the neighboring teeth away, etc, etc. He finally got it, as I felt he was ready to give up and try another technique to keep my tooth stable. Funny, while he was working, I could really see a similarity to my attempts to making things fit on my Bronco. He did a great job, didn't hurt me once, and gave me a more than fair price for his services. So that went well.

Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ouch.

Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

when you take your F250 6.7 to the dealer for service and tell them specifically not to do the ECM recall work only to find out they did it and it can't be reversed

WTF !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Finding out the 9" diff you picked up at the salvage yard is not a limited slip unit.

Getting home and finding out the 4.11 you just pulled out of your Bronco is also not a limited slip.

I guess the C4 and Stroppe intermediate weren't the only things vultured from this truck over the years.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

On a positive note, I get to save money on friction additive.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next