[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - We need a "You know what sux?" thread....
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 We need a "You know what sux?" thread.... 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: We need a "You know what sux?" thread....

Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yikes, that's perfectly placed between the tread blocks too!! So sorry!

Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

...When you fire up the Bronco and you forget it's in gear. Ooopsie.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That totally sucks. Is that 2 separate incidences?

Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would have lied and said the "garage door jumped out in front of me"

I'm with Eck--Which jumped out first? The garage or the SUV?

Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

^ I do believe you win the sux most prize this month!

Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Oh crap.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That really sucks. It's bad when one vehicle gets damaged. It's really bad when you throw in another vehicle and a garage door. If I hadn't had only auto transmissions for the last 20 some years I'm sure I could have done something similar.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: We need a

Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That does suck. I know the feeling. When I was 17 I started my dad's 1983 Porsche 911 in gear. It took off and hit the back of my 1984 Bronco II. The BII moved forward a foot or two, but didn't hit anything, and was undamaged. The 911 had a scraped bumper and crushed headlight rings. Pretty minor, all things considered.

I'm still extra careful starting manuals. It makes quite an impression.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post We need a "You know what sux?" thread....
I've been extra careful with mine but have started it a few times in gear but always with my foot on the brake. (Thank god for hydro boost) Still moves a few feet. Scares the crap out of me cause I think the bronco won't stop once started and will drive over or push whatever is in front/back unless that whatever is immovable.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow...these are all horribly awesome. Glad to see the thread still up and popular.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:02 pm

Brakes. They suck!!!! It's been an on going battle just to bleed the brakes. First it was a bad flair on a line. then it was a broken bleeder screw. Then a messed up caliper. new calipers don't fit the old hoses and banjo bolts. New braided stainless lines are not the size they said they are. So now those don't fit the new calipers either.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So many variables in a retro-fitted brake system!

Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's weird. I used bc's hoses and they were great. What calipers are you running?

Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:01 am

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Replacing the front axle u-joints in my pick-up. Having to buy not 1 but 2 new sockets, and one is a 1-11/16, 3/4 drive. It is so tight I break my 1/2" driver breaker bar and have to go buy a 3/4" breaker bar. Still need 5' of pipe and my fat butt jumping up and down on it to break it free.

Get the husband bearing replaced, remove the old u-joint and the parts store sold me the wrong u-joints.... So off to oriely to exchange (this time bringing the outer. Axle with me. Finally get the u-joint in and finish the driver side. Jack the passenger side up and voila.....

Right side inner seal is leaking. Looks like I am playing in the garage next weekend too

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:49 pm

Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The one that broke was not subjected to this level of abuse. I was actually lifting trying to turn that castle nut. Spec is 175lbs torque and this one had not been loosened since it was first installed in 2001

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You know when you buy a Bronco sight unseen and the Previous Owner tells you how nice it is and how you won't be disappointed.....until it arrives like this!!!

Good thing I took 1 last pic of Hammed as he loaded it!

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ouch!

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Unbelievable. Seriously, is there no pride in doing your job anymore? That is a disgrace.

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow. Just shows how the world is going down the tubes

Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:44 am

Yesterday afternoon digging through the parts stuff and I find this snap ring with the Trans stuff. Just what I needed. Guess it was time to drop the pan and valve body and see if it is the overdrive servo retainer. Well good news is it wasnt. Bad news is I have no itldea what it goes to. I've been over everything in the Trans and can not remember where this goes. Oh well I'll drive it till it breaks.

Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Is it your nipple ring?

Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is a servo snap ring.

Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next