[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - for the trail guys, Permits being enforced
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 for the trail guys, Permits being enforced 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post for the trail guys, Permits being enforced
http://www.rmftc.com/forums/showthread. ... #post84388

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: for the trail guys, Permits being enforced
Never knew this is existed and am thinking the GOV forgot until they found another way to get into our pockets. I just don't see them using this money wisely. Taxes on vehicles is already out of control. You should pay tax on a new vehicle, but tax should NEVER be collected on that particular vehicle again no matter how many times it sells. Yes, pay for registering that vehicle, but that's it. Also, just transferred plates from a vehicle we used to own to a new one. Paid something near $200 to register first vehicle and the plates had another 6 months on them. Figured I might get ~$75 credit towards new plates...nope. 6 lousy dollars. Come-on seriously? And now they are trying to flex their muscle to enforce this? I don't mind paying to register a vehicle. I wouldn't mind paying for an OHV sticker for an ATV or other vehicle that is NOT street legal, but I have a problem with buying an OHV permit for a vehicle that is already registered to drive on public roadways. Complete BS! So, I'd need one for my bronco, truck and the wife's SUV? Another $75/yr! Total crap. Have zero faith in my government.

Shawn - thanks for sharing and raising my blood pressure...lol!

J.D.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

LOL J.D. I feel that if the govt wanted to manage spending more effectively, they need to start prosecuting those who work in their own departments for misappropriation of funds.

I also feel if a city/town/state has excess funds and a road does not need repaired the road should be left alone and the excess funds used for road repairs in other cities/towns/states. After all it is the tax payers moneys.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

After doing some more research (lengthy thread on Co4x4), this is still not a clear-cut law. Lots of grey area open to interpretation. However, the consensus seems to be that you do not have to have both an OHV permit and a normal registration. However, one guy in Ft. Collins did get a ticket for not having both (interpretation thing). So I hope that Stay the Trail and other organizations can make more sense of this law so we know exactly what we're supposed to follow (or fight).

J.D.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]