[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Need pics of 76-77 air pump install and routing
It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Need pics of 76-77 air pump install and routing 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Need pics of 76-77 air pump install and routing
I finally got the air pump mounted, went pretty smoothly thanks to Keith for the smog pump and a few trips to the junk yard for the right brackets and pulley - its in.. however not sure where the hose goes.. i have a feeling when the owner swapped in the new engine in the 80's he swapped in a non emissions block..

I have been through the ford manuals a few times (i have the 5 volume 76 truck manuals from Ford) and its light on info for the emission routing and placement.. i found only one drawing of the air pump.. but it was unmounted.

Can you guys who have emissions please take a pic of the location of where the hose is going from the pump to the block?

I looked at every single truck/car in the junk yard the last few days and the hose either goes into the back of the block or into the top... however I have neither openings that i can find on mine.

I had half a mind to route the hose into the air cleaner intake... but I will probably get caught on that.

My other option is taking it an exhaust guy i know and have him weld in a section of small pipe right before the cat and attach the air pump hose there as that is how my 94 bronco is routed.. and I think that would be good enough.

Any other thoughts?

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Need pics of 76-77 air pump install and routing
Check the heads... some 76's I have seen have a port in the front to run the pump to. Mine goes to the back of the heads. You probably need to find the adapters or housings that will bolt to the head. IIRC there is a Lincoln up at the pic n pull that has what you need. It has been quite a while since I have been there though. ( basically I-25 and I-76) Hope this helps

Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i actually pulled that off what think was just that car (might have been a truck) in anycase i dont have the holes in the back of the head :(

Good news is i took it to the muffler shop and he welded a air check valve into the Y pipe and got it all hooked up.. should be ok, will see tomorrow when i take it back to get checked...

Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Glad you got it worked out... for future info, the ports usually have a bolt or a plug in them

Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

ya what i will do is pull the engine over the winter and figure it out further.. i just wanted to get this thing registered so i can park it ;) thanks for the help!

Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]