[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Re: Where has CCB Been?????
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Re: Where has CCB Been????? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Where has CCB Been?????
People go there year after year, and don't get the combo of snow conditions and weather that we had.

If you asked me, before I left, what my dream trip would be, it wouldn't have even come close to what I actually did!

I'm was so lucky, its hard to put into words, even now, 2 weeks later.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Awesome! what an amazing experience that must have been. I noticed a helmet cam you have any video to post?

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah, I've got lots of helmet cam video. I'm going to do some editing on my favorites & post it up. I've never edited video, so it probably won't be anything fancy. I'll put up a link when I get it done.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Where has CCB Been?????
Here I am at Devils Tower in Wyoming today.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like you're getting ready to get a drink straight from the source.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Dan - I can't believe you'd even post that pic with a group like this... Wide open

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

At Mt Rushmore today.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like this one best.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We did the same trip a few years ago. Cept we went the other way. I think we did SD first, then WY.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I did this with my parents 30 years ago so now I'm doing it with my kids and brought my dad along. It's a lot different than my last visit.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mrs D&D72 representing at the Rockies home opener. Rocks got spank but it was a good time.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

At Carhenge in Nebraska this afternoon.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:15 pm
Damn, Jeremy, you're hitting all the cool sites. Gonna stop by the world's largest ball of twine in Cawker City, KS?

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here are some videos I've edited together to show off some of my favorite runs on my trip to Alaska. We got to name our "first descents".

Post up if the links don't work and I'll keep trying. Successfully posting these videos has not gone smoothly.

Make sure you click on the "HD" button on facebook, and set the youtube videos to high def.

A crazy heli landing, with only the front half of the heli on the snow, and an awesome, 1st descent of a steep coulior, "Highball"
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.ph ... 7209632710

A sweet, long, coulior "Coogans"
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=32 ... permPage=1

Another 1st descent, I named it "Hazard County", this one is for JD and the Hockeykids. Lowered in "on belay" so we didn't fall in:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=32 ... permPage=1

Now for the big, bad "Pontoon", this changed everything. Truly, the scariest run of my life.

Flight up, landing, and top entrance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTiEg1Cu ... ture=share

2nd half of the traverse in, and 58* coulior that followed. I didn't edit this, I wanted to show how long and tedious the entrance was. A real "NO FALL ZONE"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSbvYPtk ... ture=share

Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wounded knee was cool only because the story. There really isn't much there to see.

I should have told you about Mrs. Kuny's fri-bread! 20 miles down a dirt road to get there, but it was worth it!!!

Chad, that terrain is insane! Over my skill level to be sure, but the snow looks awesome! Looks similar to the best snow days we had on Wolf Creek!

J.D.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Colorado powder is lighter, but doesn't stick to steep slopes, and is much more dangerous. Most of the time we were only boot to knee deep. If we were riding snow like that in Colorado, we would have been eyeball deep & needed snorkels. But that kind of terrain and snow is not rideable here.

Intercontinental snowpacks (Colorado) are shallower and develop more problems that lead to worse avalanche danger. I took an avalanche class in 1998, and they opened the class by stating that we live in "the most dangerous" area in the world. The Silverton Avalanche School is the oldest in America, and has some of the most highly respected guys in the industry teaching.

Maritime snowpacks (Cali, AK, BC) are usually safer because of the increased depth of the snowpack, more moisture, warmer temps, and less solar radiation exposure (it gets too complicated to explain, and I don't even understand/remember everything I learned back then). So it opens up more backcountry options.

Generally, we have to wait till spring, for the snowpack to get safe enough to ride steep lines. The warm temps in spring help all the layers in the snowpack to melt together, and form one big/deep layer, instead of multiple layers & sliding surfaces that lead to avalanches. Then in spring, you have to worry about wet slides, when the snow just melts into a big slushie and falls off the mountain. A huge wet slide, near Silverton, just killed a Crested Butte local, about a week ago.

This ends your unexpected, probably unwanted, avalanche class for today.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:39 am

here's one of many more to come.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue May 01, 2012 3:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ahh, cool place!

Tue May 01, 2012 3:10 pm

That place was awesome. I could spend hours walking through there. I've got a bunch of pics I'll get up once I get back.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Tue May 01, 2012 3:15 pm

Discovery just after coming in the building. They were closing off the area to the public so we got pics as soon as we could.

Tue May 01, 2012 4:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is amazing to be that close to a Space Shuttle. Great pic.

Tue May 01, 2012 4:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Rob,

The pic with the Shuttle is sweet! What a cool opportunity.

Tue May 01, 2012 5:13 pm

Oh I'll get all of them posted for the people not on my Facebook. What I have posted is only a very few. Still about 300 more pics.

Tue May 01, 2012 8:42 pm

I thought of kirk for that one. That was at the Korean war memorial. I also have a pic for you and other non libtards.

Tue May 01, 2012 8:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post it up! Some of us libtards like trucks, guns etc. They just have to be electric trucks and cap guns or we get skeerd.

Wed May 02, 2012 10:23 am

So here are some where has CCB been pics from my trip to DC this past week.

And the FINAL pic. This is just for Dan.

Fri May 04, 2012 7:05 pm

Fri May 04, 2012 8:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry--no coliseums, cows, cathedrals, or memorials...just me at Myrtle Beach in South Carolina.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here is August and Wyatt at the capitalImage

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next