[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - New to the Community
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 New to the Community 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post New to the Community
Ok, not really a newbie but one that hasn't been on the site... for a long period of time.

Some of you might remember me from the initial creation of this site/ community. I had little to do with it, went to a meeting or two, and went to the Christmas for Tots caravan (as a passenger) but that was about it. I dropped off the face of the earth because of some person things that came up that I need to take care of. Things are starting to look up (even though I got into an auto accident yesterday. Just my luck. It was luckily only a little fender bender). I was hoping to rejoin the Bronco community.

I do have a Bronco of my own (supposedly the third owner of it)….just torn apart at the moment and has been for a while. It was drivable at one time and boy did I enjoy driving it but it started to have a noise coming from the bottom end of the engine (diesel engine sounding). Once funding and parts were in order, I took the engine and tranny out of the Bronco. I tore the engine apart and found the engine, for some reason, was bored .06 over. Took the engine and parts to an engine rebuilder who told me the noise was a result of the bore being so far over. Now, I have a different engine block with my parts installed siting on an engine stand waiting to be installed back in the engine. Ugh, one day.

So like a lot of you, I’m find things that were done by the previous owner(s). The engine, floor boards which were riveted in place and the lift kit installed (3.5”) was only done on the front. The front had Duff springs and shocks where the rear still had the original leaf springs. I had the Bronco lean… but instead of once side to the other, mine was front to back.

Hopefully one day, the pile of parts and the torn apart Bronco will come together and be on the road again.

Rob

What my bronco looked like when I bought it.
DSCN0006.JPG

Pulling out the engine and tranny.
pulling engine.jpg

The rebuilt engine before I purchased a serpentine belt setup.
IMAGE_071.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: New to the Community
Cool looking truck, I like the blacked grill. Good luck getting her back together. Thanks for the pics. I bet you'll find a bunch of guys who can help you out getting her running again.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome back! Set a date in January and buy pizza. You'll get some takers to help knock out a few of the projects. If it makes you feel any better, my rig had 5.5" springs in the front and 3.5" in the rear. Looked like a prerunner.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks awesome, look forward to meeting you

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome back! Hope to see your bronco on the road sooner than later!

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys. Justin, yeah mine had that prerunner look too. Might be able to see it in the first photo. Had an older gentleman come up to me one day and say that he like those old Broncos but never saw one with that kind of lean. "Is that normal?" No....

One day, it will be road worthly again... without the lean.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]