[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Old tools and the hipsters who love them
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Old tools and the hipsters who love them 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Old tools and the hipsters who love them
I've been up to my eyeballs in . Mostly trying to get ideas on how to add some organization to the nightmare that is my garage. I've also been oddly fascinated with all of the threads concerning old tools and old toolboxes. So, last few weeks I have been doing some half ass browsing of CL ads for tools. Today I picked up this box with a few tools in it.

And it turns out to be a circa 1962 Huot Model 110 (I don't really know that much about tools. Google is my best friend.)

Of the few tools that were in it, nothing was what I would call spectacular. However I did find a few 1930-40's "Auto-Kit" wrenches, a pair of "Bluebird" battery terminal pliers, and a few other odds and ends.

So now I'm apparently what I despise most: a hipster. I don't really care. I got some cool old tools. A box I am going to repaint and keep in the Bronco. And a new hobby that doesn't get me in too much trouble for dragging home rusty old steel.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Old tools and the hipsters who love them
Those are cool! I ought to do some searching, just got a bunch of really old tool boxes from my father in law. Garagejournal.com is awesome.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So this is kinda along the same lines. I "inherited" it, 20 years ago, from my grandmother's friend who was downsizing and moving south, from Youngstown Ohio. Its stashed in my garage attic, and the lighting wasn't set up for photos, so sorry about the pics. I should probably try to sell the old parts & use the cabinet for storage. Now that I'm seriously working on making my garage a better work space I'll probably do that.
P1010708.JPG
P1010710.JPG
P1010712.JPG
P1010713.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sweet cabinet! I'm sure you could do pretty well on selling off all those parts. The HAMBers would eat that stuff up. And if they don't, those two idiots on American Pickers would.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've thought about the Pickers guys. I know they'd love the cabinet. I could never sell the cabinet, only because it was given to me by a family friend who knew I was into cars. We weren't close, but as a teenager I expressed my interest in his old tools & stuff. Years later, he thought enough of me to give me the cabinet, that is pretty cool.

A few of Delco boxes have never been opened, they have a "string" to pull around the top of the tin, that breaks the box open, kinda like a tamperproof seal. When I was working for the GM dealer, I showed the parts guys a couple of the old parts and they ran the part numbers and they still crossreferenced.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]